• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman and Detective Show Us Yours!
14 14

2,400 posts in this topic

Got a new scanner so, I'm sharing my Batman 9 again. If anyone has tips on how to reduce the glare, let me know.

Batman%209%20CGC%20VGFN.jpg

Glare is tough to avoid with GA slabs. There is some discussion about methods in the legal-size scanner thread over in Comics General. I haven't found any method entirely effective when using an HP scanner.

An incomplete, coverless Tec 31 just sold on Heritage for $2,000.

http://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/detective-comics-31-dc-1939-condition-pr/a/121612-13342.s?type=bidnotice-tracked-endofauction

The description says that the first three wraps are missing, which is a lot of the Batman story. This seems like a lot of money for a few pages of a Batman story. Does anyone have a feel for the coverless/incomplete market?

I'm also wondering how coverless copies are priced. It seems to me that a coverless copy of Tec 31 or 33 should sell for the same as a coverless copy of Tec 30, 32 or 34. Why would I pay more for a coverless copy of a classic cover comic than a coverless copy of the issue right beside? I guess that coverless copies could sell based on how cool the splash is, but it seems to me that they sell for a percentage of the price with a cover.

Mike