• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Hey Gabe.

Got time tomorrow afternooon? Or are you already going?

Second Career Information Session

Repeats every week every Monday 4 times .

Monday, January 18, 2016 - 15:30 to 16:30

Monday, January 25, 2016 - 15:30 to 16:30

Monday, February 1, 2016 - 15:30 to 16:30

Monday, February 8, 2016 - 15:30 to 16:30

NEHC Training Room

Looking for a Second Career?

If you have been laid off on or after January 1, 2005 you may qualify.

The Second Career Information session will provide information on eligibility and suitability, as well as provide you with details on the Second Career Program.

To be eligible, individuals must:

· Have been laid-off on or after January 1, 2005;

· Be unemployed

· Be a resident of Ontario

· Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident legally authorized to work in Canada; and

· Demonstrate occupational demand for the skills training request with evidence of good employment prospects locally or within Ontario

This information session begins at 1:30 SHARP!

Niagara Employment Help Centre

6100 Thorold Stone Road, Unit #7

Niagara Falls, Ontario, L2J 1A3

https://ehc.on.ca/events/second-career-information-session-20160115

No I'm going to get my resume checked over on Wednesday.

What time on Wednesday?

11pm-12noon

Hey Gabe.

NEHC Training Room

The Second Career Information session will provide information on eligibility and suitability, as well as provide you with details on the Second Career Program.

· Be unemployed

· Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident legally authorized to work in Canada; and

· Demonstrate occupational demand for the skills training request with evidence of good employment prospects locally or within Ontario

(shrug)

So are you going to use any of the information I gave you over PM?

Hey Gabe.

NEHC Training Room

· Be unemployed

(shrug)

Of course I will use it you made me sound professional and not cookie cutter. I'll be going to see her because I'm curious to see what she says about my resume if she says it's fine she's full of bs.

Hey Gabe.

NEHC Training Room

· Be unemployed

Here we go, why not both? I understand you are getting your resume checked on Wednesday, but why not see what information they provide on Monday. Sounds like it is a program that may include some training or at least contact into work programs.

Again, your job is to find a job, so why not pursue this avenue of info?

Edited by Miraclemet

Hey Gabe.

NEHC Training Room

· Be unemployed

Here we go, why not both? I understand you are getting your resume checked on Wednesday, but why not see what information they provide on Monday. Sounds like it is a program that may include some training or at least contact into work programs.

Again, your job is to find a job, so why not pursue this avenue of info?

I'll check it out thanks and while I'm there I'll ask for training that they may have.

Hey Gabe.

NEHC Training Room

· Be unemployed

What time on Wednesday?

11pm-12noon

How would getting your resume checked on Wednesday keep you from a Monday session?

My behavior is good until you me off as I have many types of personalities that clash against mine.

When you are working in entry level jobs, you shouldn't have a personality. You don't like something, just suck it up.

I don't like that mentality I know a job like that isn't fun but I don't want to dread it either.

:facepalm:

Rodan's right...if you're working an entry-level job and you come across something/someone you don't like, the answer is not to "clash" with the roadblock, rather use it as a motivation to work harder and either get promoted out of your position or earn enough experience to get a better position elsewhere.

You're letting pride get in your way. As a result, you're not a victim of society. You're consciously choosing to be unemployed.

Attitudes can be tough to change. If you want to succeed, you'll need to change yours.

It's not pride it's that I get annoyed with people easily and you're right that I need to change my attitude as it's not getting me anywhere.

sigh, you gave us a list of 3 jobs you've been fired from and blamed the boss each time and took zero responsibility in each case. You don't want to work construction or list heavy items and you get annoyed with people easily. And this thread absolutely illustrates that you don't think ahead or follow advice well. I gave you advice on your resume and you didn't thank me.

It's not that you can't find jobs, it's that nobody wants to hire you.

Sorry I didn't do it on purpose so a belated thank you for help with the resume. I take responsibility for what I do but that wasn't my doing except for one of them, I can't stop someone being a scammer or a individual_without_enough_empathy and I don't see how that falls on me. Also after getting fired a got another job within a week and stayed for 9 months.

Gabriel, bottom line, you're having a hard time finding a job. Employers in your region hire people all the time yet you can't get a sniff. Clearly they see problems and frankly anyone reading this thread can see the same problems.

Inexperience

Repeated mistakes

Poor planning

Failure to take direction/advice

Excuses

Unwilling to work hard

You need to get real and admit what you're doing right and what you're doing wrong.

Hey Gabe.

NEHC Training Room

· Be unemployed

What time on Wednesday?

11pm-12noon

How would getting your resume checked on Wednesday keep you from a Monday session?

It wouldn't that's why I said no as in I won't have a problem with it.

My behavior is good until you me off as I have many types of personalities that clash against mine.

When you are working in entry level jobs, you shouldn't have a personality. You don't like something, just suck it up.

I don't like that mentality I know a job like that isn't fun but I don't want to dread it either.

:facepalm:

Rodan's right...if you're working an entry-level job and you come across something/someone you don't like, the answer is not to "clash" with the roadblock, rather use it as a motivation to work harder and either get promoted out of your position or earn enough experience to get a better position elsewhere.

You're letting pride get in your way. As a result, you're not a victim of society. You're consciously choosing to be unemployed.

Attitudes can be tough to change. If you want to succeed, you'll need to change yours.

It's not pride it's that I get annoyed with people easily and you're right that I need to change my attitude as it's not getting me anywhere.

sigh, you gave us a list of 3 jobs you've been fired from and blamed the boss each time and took zero responsibility in each case. You don't want to work construction or list heavy items and you get annoyed with people easily. And this thread absolutely illustrates that you don't think ahead or follow advice well. I gave you advice on your resume and you didn't thank me.

It's not that you can't find jobs, it's that nobody wants to hire you.

Sorry I didn't do it on purpose so a belated thank you for help with the resume. I take responsibility for what I do but that wasn't my doing except for one of them, I can't stop someone being a scammer or a individual_without_enough_empathy and I don't see how that falls on me. Also after getting fired a got another job within a week and stayed for 9 months.

Gabriel, bottom line, you're having a hard time finding a job. Employers in your region hire people all the time yet you can't get a sniff. Clearly they see problems and frankly anyone reading this thread can see the same problems.

Inexperience

Repeated mistakes

Poor planning

Failure to take direction/advice

Excuses

Unwilling to work hard

You need to get real and admit what you're doing right and what you're doing wrong.

I don't know what I'm doing right other than determination and being honest. Yes I do have lots of things to work on which believe it or not I'm doing it.

Damnit, can't help myself...Why won't you work construction? Do you have a physical disability that prevents you from doing so? If so, please disregard what follows but if you are otherwise fine physically, why the hell not?

Most construction jobs pay a lot better than minimum wage. They are a great launching pad to other, better work experiences. Spring is right around the corner...Opportunities will start to present themselves.

With construction, it can get your foot in the door with ongoing seasonal employment. You learn SKILLS. It might be the foot in the door into the trades or even heavy equipment operation OR, it can be a short term thing to build up savings, earn some job experience, contacts and skills to make you attractive to potential other employers.

If you are fine physically, consider getting your hands dirty.

Edited by Wall-Crawler

Damnit, can't help myself...Why won't you work construction? Do you have a physical disability that prevents you from doing so? If so, please disregard what follows but if you are otherwise fine physically, why the hell not?

Most construction jobs pay a lot better than minimum wage. They are a great launching pad to other, better work experiences. Spring is right around the corner...Opportunities will start to present themselves.

With construction, it can get your foot in the door with ongoing seasonal employment. You learn SKILLS. It might be the foot in the door into the trades or even heavy equipment operation OR, it can be a short term thing to build up savings, earn some job experience, contacts and skills to make you attractive to potential other employers.

If you are fine physically, consider getting your hands dirty.

I was born premature by 3 months even I fully don't know what's wrong with me but the main problems I have are :thyroid, misaligned spine, weak immune system,and breathing problems and it's not asthma. I tried taking some painkillers that were stronger my stomach felt and fire and I started throwing up and unlike here I follow the directions on the label I'm too scared not too. After Valu-Mart and having nerve damage I can't really lift things over 30 pounds as my arm where my elbow connects get really painful I either have to put it down or drop it. There's a lot of things I need to work on in every aspect of my life this I know. As for my learning disability the psychologists don't know what it is they just wrote down symptoms. I do know some basic skills I want to learn though.

Planning

Organization

Time management

Focus

I want you to know another thing about my learning disability it makes me forget things, I need things to be repeated, under pressure I freeze and blank out. My thought process is a can think of plans and some get complex and I reach a point where I lose what I was thinking about in the first place.

Scammer update

A while back I bought a gsx #1 that never showed up and I got scammed by chris catanzaro for $422.98 the reason I say this now is because I found someone that is tracking him and makes it his goal to stop him as he successfully got his money back before he ran off again. Tbh I'm feeling giddy and a glimmer of hope with those words. :)

This is an overlooked update.

Did you find this guy or did he find you?

Actually a admin contacted me and posted it on the groups for me to be aware of this guy apparently he's notorious and scamming thousands of dollars from people.

Did you find the "deal" for Giant-Size X-Men #1 or were you sent an unsolicited offer? I only asked because I am worried that scammers are targeting you.

Hey Gabe.

NEHC Training Room

· Be unemployed

What time on Wednesday?

11pm-12noon

13 hours? That'll get it done! :idea:

Seriously though, something else you've skipped over repeatedly in the last few days is the fact that you only put in 2 hours worth of effort per day into getting a job. Are you going to change this, because everyone here has told you that it nowhere near enough effort.

You're right I never lived on my own unless you count being homeless or the time I was at college. I have been kicked out before for a period of a month and to answer the question they would kick me out as they care about money. I can't say if I'd speak my mind or not if I was alone or not but I do bite my tongue if I need the job also I haven't used any of the governments money to buy any comics with I've used my own nothing more. Again I haven't used any of the governments money to buy any comics whatever I've used is what I made. I don't know as I never calculated how much time I spend on here but I have stopped using two sites I frequent and after applying to about 150 jobs and getting no call backs that's not exactly encouraging. I know that a min wage isn't a dream job it's a means to a end and to get by till I find something better. No they didn't get here by magic they did it by hard work that's the thing you can work hard your whole life and have nothing to show for it I don't want that I want to learn how to make money work for me and you ask what makes them different? well they are smarter, have more money, experience, patience and more. I've finished high school at 17, went to college at 18, dropped out at 19 and over the last 4 years I don't know myself what I'm doing. I studied to be a doctor and a video game artist I failed the per-requirements of a doctor by 15% as biology and chemistry are things I'm not good at.I know my end goal I don't know how to get there but I do know I like helping people.

And I've bolded an important portion above that you seem to not understand.

At this point in your life, there is no distinction between "my money" and "government money". If you weren't on government assistance, the money you "earned" selling comics would go toward the basic necessities that government money is currently covering. If this weren't the case, you wouldn't qualify for government assistance.

It would be no different if you said "I put all my earned money toward food/rent/utilities, all government money goes to comic book purchases". There is no difference. Taxpayers are now paying for your expenses and they don't care what specific dollars are earmarked for what. At this point in your life, the money is all the same and you must consider all money "government money".

This will only change once you get off government assistance. This should be part of your motivation to get a job.

Hey Gabe.

NEHC Training Room

· Be unemployed

(shrug)

Of course I will use it you made me sound professional and not cookie cutter. I'll be going to see her because I'm curious to see what she says about my resume if she says it's fine she's full of bs.

One of the classes I had to take for my master's degree focused on writing a proper resume. I have edited dozens for friends and co-workers, so feel free to send me yours if you want someone else to look it over.

It's amazing the garbage that people turn in, even for high level white collar positions. A properly worded and organized resume can be a huge step up, or a huge step down.

Scammer update

A while back I bought a gsx #1 that never showed up and I got scammed by chris catanzaro for $422.98 the reason I say this now is because I found someone that is tracking him and makes it his goal to stop him as he successfully got his money back before he ran off again. Tbh I'm feeling giddy and a glimmer of hope with those words. :)

This is an overlooked update.

Did you find this guy or did he find you?

Actually a admin contacted me and posted it on the groups for me to be aware of this guy apparently he's notorious and scamming thousands of dollars from people.

Did you find the "deal" for Giant-Size X-Men #1 or were you sent an unsolicited offer? I only asked because I am worried that scammers are targeting you.

I found the supposed deal so that's on me from what I remember he showed me his ebay and 100% feedback which is what got me.

Keep trying! Continue getting your resume out there and stay positive!

Thanks I will I never had so many people stick with me so long wanting to help me it was always to get bullied or beat up so thanks I appreciate this and yes I'm working on the advice you gave me I've typed everything up but this journal don't know where to start.

Hey Gabe.

NEHC Training Room

· Be unemployed

What time on Wednesday?

11pm-12noon

13 hours? That'll get it done! :idea:

Seriously though, something else you've skipped over repeatedly in the last few days is the fact that you only put in 2 hours worth of effort per day into getting a job. Are you going to change this, because everyone here has told you that it nowhere near enough effort.

I didn't skip over it I answered it multiple times but yes I'll be putting in more effort.

8 8