• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Mutants 98. Deadpool appreciation.
2 2

664 posts in this topic

:o

I still can't bring myself to sell them. Even if the money does seem excessive for such a common book.

'I'll give you $1,100.'

'SOLD!'

(:

How many do you have, Bosco? lol

Down to my last two 9.8's and three unencased books (9.2-9.4). But I'm a collector too. So having a hard time letting go of those final 9.8's.

Newsstand variants in high grade are hard to find.

I totally agree. I sold my 9.8 Newsstand late in 2015. I was very pleased. I just couldn't bring myself to sell my Direct 9.8's for less.

Good thing you didn't, since a "direct edition" also just one-bidded for $1000 on ebay (no price difference). (thumbs u

-J.

Can some clear up for me why either of these copies sold for $1000 when there are multiple copies for $900 and under?

Newsstand variants in high grade are hard to find.

I totally agree. I sold my 9.8 Newsstand late in 2015. I was very pleased. I just couldn't bring myself to sell my Direct 9.8's for less.

Good thing you didn't, since a "direct edition" also just one-bidded for $1000 on ebay (no price difference). (thumbs u

-J.

Can some clear up for me why either of these copies sold for $1000 when there are multiple copies for $900 and under?

I can only guess that ebay offers some buyers x4, x5 ebay bucks at certain times and also people have ebay bucks to spend. There are time limits and the fact that the Movie is rapidly approaching and it is ear marked for success, there are crazy buyers out there. The other is sellers with multiple copies creating false sales to keep high prices relevant. My third theory is God only knows.

I can only guess that ebay offers some buyers x4, x5 ebay bucks at certain times and also people have ebay bucks to spend. There are time limits and the fact that the Movie is rapidly approaching and it is ear marked for success, there are crazy buyers out there. The other is sellers with multiple copies creating false sales to keep high prices relevant. My third theory is God only knows.

I'm going with your third theory.

Just kidding they are all good theories. (thumbs u I didn't think about ebay bucks.

Deadpool movie is basically upon us now and yet the book seems to finally have hit its plateau. I don't see this being a $1000 dollar book like many predicted.

Once the sequel is officially announced then it might get there.

I have a feeling that this movie is going to break the rules for books declining in value after the movie debuts. I think this book holds its ground. I got nothing to justify it except eventually some book has to hold sway.

Deadpool movie is basically upon us now and yet the book seems to finally have hit its plateau. I don't see this being a $1000 dollar book like many predicted.

Once the sequel is officially announced then it might get there.

I have a feeling that this movie is going to break the rules for books declining in value after the movie debuts. I think this book holds its ground. I got nothing to justify it except eventually some book has to hold sway.

Agreed.

I sold 2 mid grades copies via BIN....at $200 a pop, within a week of listing them.Both buyers lived in Belgium and paid about $30 for shipping.

Incidentally...I just lucked out with buying 3 copies on eBay...$39 each + shipping from Japan.... :whee:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/252258826244

I did a double take when I saw that listing.

After checking the listing , I snapped up the 3 copies that were shown as available...here's to hoping the books arrive as described/pictured ;)

Hmmm, I found another listing for $39 each as well here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-New-Mutants-98-Feb-1991-Marvel-1st-print-1st-Dead-Pool-and-Domino-/172070772539?hash=item2810379f3b:g:LEMAAOSwL7VWoK4f

However, the item is no longer available and the user is no longer found. Delivery was from Hong Kong in this latest listing. I smell a possible rat ...

Pence copy of New Mutants 98 that was distributed in UK same month as original 1st printing published in USA. Think I have a copy in storage; none on Cgc census ... yet.

Very strange, I've personally never seen any pence copies of any Marvel issues post 1986ish - whenever you get a chance, I'd love to see a picture :foryou:

Not sure why there would be a pence copy...by this point, all three prices (US, Can, UK) were printed on the covers.

maxresdefault.jpg

That's what I'm thinking. I'm skeptical because as far as I know, none of the books from that era had UK copies. Just American Newsstand/Direct, and Australian Newsstand.

Daily Star Movie Review: Deadpool "outrageously entertaining"

ARE you feeling all superheroed out? Losing interest in chiselled goodies, British baddies, mid-air punch-ups and planet-saving showdowns? Might you be suffering from spandex fatigue? Then Deadpool could be the all-in-one cure you’ve been looking for.

Anarchic, outrageous and filthily funny, this tongue-in-cheek X-Men movie tears up the superhero rulebook from within. Ryan Reynolds’ last brush with the genre was in The Green Lantern – a crushingly formulaic yarn about a garishly attired Superman clone. Thankfully, the red suit is a much snugger fit.

This is the kind of quirky superhero flick Disney/Marvel could have made with Ant-Man. In the end, they bottled it, toning down the comedy and reasserting the old formula. Fox hasn't pulled any punches with their unlikely superhero. Instead of dialling the character down to a family-friendly 12A, the studio let him leap right off the page. I really hope that gamble pays off at the box office. Deadpool is the most outrageously entertaining Marvel movie yet.

4/5 Stars

Comicbook.com Review: Deadpool Is Simply What Fans Have Been Dying For

The Deadpool movie just plain rocks.

The trailers had me cautiously optimistic. Sure, you can make two minutes at a time seem pretty spot-on with the comic books that it comes from, but could they actually do it for two hours? Luckily, the answer is yes: the trailers in this case are actually very good representations of the film you'll see on the big screen. That means there's lots of action, lots of comedy, and some brutal, brutal violence. There's also a decent bit of nudity and sex (Ryan Reynolds spends a good portion of two entire scenes naked), and one big surprise: heart.

This is a fun movie, and it just feels oh so Deadpool. Rarely have I seen a comic book movie not just capture a character so well, but add to it, as well. Deadpool is simply what fans have been dying for, and it's clear in every moment that it was made by hardcore fans, too.

Grade: A

:applause:

Review: DEADPOOL Is A Sexy, Hilarious, Blood-Soaked Blast - But It Won't Be For Everyone

It's all here: breaking the fourth wall, a comic-faithful costume complete with expressive mask, insanely violent, quips galore, more pop culture references than you can shake a chimichanga at. Deadpool knows what its audience wants and it delivers - and then some. The thing is, if you're not prepared for the endless onslaught of gross-out gags, gratuitous nudity and at times quite sickening gore, you may grow tired of it pretty quickly.

I was, though, and I bloody loved it.

Deadpool is a sexy, hilarious blood-soaked blast from start to finish. It definitely won't be to everyone's taste, but if you're prepared to leave your PC hat at home and just go along with the mayhem on display you're bound to have fun. It's a little disappointing that more risks weren't taken with certain elements other than the obvious, but hey, there's always the sequel. So see this, then see it again - just don't bring your mother.

4/5 Stars

I know Rob Liefeld gets hammered around here, but the cover of NM #98 is my absolute favorite of the 90's, because it's "so 90's" in it's style and composition. It's the perfect snapshot of everything wrong (and right) with comic art from that era.

I know Rob Liefeld gets hammered around here, but the cover of NM #98 is my absolute favorite of the 90's, because it's "so 90's" in it's style and composition. It's the perfect snapshot of everything wrong (and right) with comic art in the 90's.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with his cover for NM 98. Certainly can't say the same thing about some of his more famous or shall we say infamous cover, as can be seen in the following link to Liefeld's Anatomical Abominations:

http://unrealitymag.com/images/a-gallery-of-rob-liefleds-anatomical-abominations/2/

Although the Cap cover might be his most infamous cover yet, it's quite obvious that his rendering of the female form bears absolutely no resemblance to any kind of reality at all. :flamed:lol

I know Rob Liefeld gets hammered around here, but the cover of NM #98 is my absolute favorite of the 90's, because it's "so 90's" in it's style and composition. It's the perfect snapshot of everything wrong (and right) with comic art in the 90's.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with his cover for NM 98. Certainly can't say the same thing about some of his more famous or shall we say infamous cover, as can be seen in the following link to Liefeld's Anatomical Abominations:

http://unrealitymag.com/images/a-gallery-of-rob-liefleds-anatomical-abominations/2/

Although the Cap cover might be his most infamous cover yet, it's quite obvious that his rendering of the female form bears absolutely no resemblance to any kind of reality at all. :flamed:lol

Anyone else notice the random Michael Turner Namor insertion in with all the Liefeld?