• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,545 posts in this topic

I'm 34, and I'm in a position now where I can comfortably afford some quality Golden Age books. I've been going back and looking for ones that connect with characters I enjoy, such as Dr. Fate, The Spectre and Wonder Woman. That's pretty much what drives my Golden Age choices so far.

G.A.tor

Are you liking your Gators chances of winning the NIT this year?

Nope

Not even sure we can beat Ohio s Sunday :cry:

Well fingers crossed for ya considering the Florida women just got beat by Albany :o

G.A.tor

Nope

Well fingers crossed for ya considering the Florida women just got beat by Albany :o

Didn't even know

G.A.tor

Nope

Didn't even know

:o

Gator...I noticed you posted in CG that you have had the opportunity to see the new CGC cases. I am assuming they got your stamp of approval along with some of the other BIG Dawgs in the hobby. Im actually excited about these if the cases are clearer. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being SUPER DUPER COOL how would you rate these new cases? Are we talking like almost mylar-esque type of clear? Thanks buddy

What's the current market prices for Amazing Man #26?

a LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not Rick and would love to hear his answer as well but I would venture to guess that if even a low grade unrestored copy of this gem were to hit the market it would command a small fortune. Imagine a piece of steak being thrown into a pack of hungry wolves that have been starved for years. :D

2000-3000 a point easy, assuming there's one for sale. Only seen 3 publicly for sale in last 11 years

2000-3000 a point easy, assuming there's one for sale. Only seen 3 publicly for sale in last 11 years

Really? Only 3???

What's the highest grade you've seen or is known?

Is that the only really difficult (scarce) issue in the run?

Really? Only 3???

What's the highest grade you've seen or is known?

Is that the only really difficult (scarce) issue in the run?

Restored 3.0....restored 2.0...unrestored 2.0

25 is pretty tough

Centaurs ? whats that

Centaurs ? whats that

A mythical creature with the head, arms and torso of a man combined with equestrian legs and body.

Since it's mythical, it's gotta be rare. gw.gif

Gator...I noticed you posted in CG that you have had the opportunity to see the new CGC cases. I am assuming they got your stamp of approval along with some of the other BIG Dawgs in the hobby. Im actually excited about these if the cases are clearer. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being SUPER DUPER COOL how would you rate these new cases? Are we talking like almost mylar-esque type of clear? Thanks buddy

hm