• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magazine Selling / Trading Thread ONLY
17 17

898 posts in this topic

I have a nice lot of BA Mags for sale in the selling forum. I think its a pretty good deal.

BA Magazine Lot

BA Magazine lot of 7 - Asking $35 Or Best Offer, which is only a fraction of 2012 GV.

Savage Tales:

#2 1973 F+ Smith, Brunner, Morrow, Williamson, Wrightson

#3 VG/F Smith, Brunner, Steranko, Williamson

#4 VF Adams, Kane, Smith

EERIE:

#15 1967 G/VG Jones

Unknown Worlds of Science Fiction:

#1 1975 F+ Williamson, Frazetta, Adams, Brunner

#5 VG/F Kaluta

1984 :

#1 1978 VG/F Nino, Corben

a6af6da5-ad46-4596-8a30-65462d04509f_zpshofwvoxo.jpg

Edited by faster friends

I just got a run of Savage Sword of Conan, about 60-75 earlier issues I guess. A few Conan Tales in there as well (3 looks awesome!) Also Doc Savage 3-7 and some odds and ends (Gladiator).

CSmmjuGUAAAygrd.jpg

I guess that I plan on selling them in a week or three in the mixed forum.

Edited by Bird

I have a box of assorted "horror" magazines for sale over in the gold/silver/bronze sales forum. The lot of magazines is $25 $20 + s/h and I am adding magazines to the lot until it sells for that price. If this works I will do it for some of my other magazines but we'll see. I'd love to sell my Savage Sword of Conan for $15 lots, number of issues determined by this method but first things first.

Edited by Bird

I just offered Frank Frazetta's Fantasy Illustrated 1 and 2 in the RAK thread in Comics General. That means they are free to any who claim them.

Not slabbable though,.I have some sigs in them.

I also sold about half my Savage Sword of Conan mags through PM here, but have 30 or so left. I would take $2 each for them if you buy many/all. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Edited by Bird

I just offered Frank Frazetta's Fantasy Illustrated 1 and 2 in the RAK thread in Comics General. That means they are free to any who claim them.

Nice. If I didn't have them I would claim them.

They are a lot of fun but I am, for some reason, divesting myself of acquisitions acquired over many many years. It is liberating.

And I figured you had them!

Edited by Bird

They are a lot of fun but I am, for some reason, divesting myself of acquisitions acquired over many many years. It is liberating.

And I figured you had them!

Now if I would have seen that GI Joe art I would have grabbed it in a second. :pullhair:

CWyQ6bsU8AEa2Pl.jpg

I just got this back from CGC today. That silvery stuff on the hood is Basil Gogos signature.

Grading notes from CGC are

Back Cover Soiling

Full Right Front Cover Moderate Finger Bends Breaks Color

Spine Large Tape

Spine Stress Lines Breaks Color

I bought a collection, and within a week or so saw that Basil Gogos was nearby for a convention. If I had it to do all over again obviously I would have had it cleaned, at the minimum. The tape mentioned in the notes is nicely done from top to botoom, not some scotch tape slapped on.

I am interested in trading this for a comic as magazines are not my thing. If you have a nice raw comic or a Silver Age slab with nice eye appeal that you want to trade feel free to shoot me a PM. I can even throw in some cash if your comic is more valuable. I have no real want list anymore though so I cannot get very specific on what I am looking for.

CWyQ6bsU8AEa2Pl.jpg

I just got this back from CGC today. That silvery stuff on the hood is Basil Gogos signature.

Grading notes from CGC are

Back Cover Soiling

Full Right Front Cover Moderate Finger Bends Breaks Color

Spine Large Tape

Spine Stress Lines Breaks Color

I bought a collection, and within a week or so saw that Basil Gogos was nearby for a convention. If I had it to do all over again obviously I would have had it cleaned, at the minimum. The tape mentioned in the notes is nicely done from top to botoom, not some scotch tape slapped on.

I am interested in trading this for a comic as magazines are not my thing. If you have a nice raw comic or a Silver Age slab with nice eye appeal that you want to trade feel free to shoot me a PM. I can even throw in some cash if your comic is more valuable. I have no real want list anymore though so I cannot get very specific on what I am looking for.

So you don't have any ideas on what you want?

So you don't have any ideas on what you want?

I figured that I limit my potential trading pool if I ask for a specific book. Then I need the one person who has that book and also wants the FMoF14.

I would prefer a nice raw comic, copper age I guess. But since I started buying tons of comics this year, mostly to flip but some slip out and end up on display in my home, I have grown to love more and more comics. So it is not that I do not know what I want, but that I want most anything. :insane: I never read them but just went out of my way in PIF last month for a Neal Adams Phantom Stranger and a Berni Wrightson cover. I am also finding an increasing appreciation for the work of Gil Kane, Carmine Infantino, and Stone over Kirby if that helps. :blush: I love me some lush brush and am very hot to get a 9.8 copy of Rune / Silver Surfer to place near the cover art I own.

So I guess that I am standing here with this slab and a sign that says "interested? let's talk."

okay, maybe I am in an overcoat and whispering to passersby "hey, come over here. I gots somethin' special to show you."

Okay, I just thought about it and my new obsession is about to become Marvel Spotlight 32.

Edited by Bird

I don't have pictures yet, but I was wondering if there was any interest in a small group lot @ $ 115 shipped :

Castle Of Frankenstein 3, 8, 11, 12, 23, and 26....... the 11 is probably F/VF and the rest in the VF ..... also included will be a copy of the Warren mag "On The Scene/ SUPERHEROES"...... A cool magazine devoted to Superheroe Movies, TV, and Serials circa 1966

....these things are kind of cool..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u