• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

I believe IM 55 hasn't even peaked yet.

not until the movie at least

Even then, I think Thanos' overall popularity will finally blossom enough to sustain the book as a major key, thus helping it retain its value

Villains never hold their value well maybe a couple months after the fact then it's a downward trend.

Never??? That's a pretty absolute statement.

Just off the top of my head, Green Goblin, Doctor Doom and Galactus first appearances have been pretty consistent over the years. Like Galactus, I believe Thanos will further transcend the simplistic "villain" label and become a popular mainstream character, whether he's being naughty or not

Just my opinion :foryou:

I was talking about after the movie hype happens doom is one of those villains the lost value after the movie and a bit before it premiered.

.....a few months ago I was going to pick up Forever People 1 in decent condition, but I decided I'd wait. I mean, what are the odds that the whole scenario of me putting off buying IM55 would backfire twice?

Oh well, won't be the last collection book I pass on that gets crazy hot.

one thing that may hold it back a little is it being the 4th or whatever appearance, whereas IM 55 was for sure the first and he is right there on the cover too

And all those third world books being speculated on at the time

Thanos is on the cover?

.....a few months ago I was going to pick up Forever People 1 in decent condition, but I decided I'd wait. I mean, what are the odds that the whole scenario of me putting off buying IM55 would backfire twice?

one thing that may hold it back a little is it being the 4th or whatever appearance, whereas IM 55 was for sure the first and he is right there on the cover too

Who's on the cover of IM #55....?

Hasn't IM 55 already dropped? Not such an easy sell these days

I believe it dropped two times already.

Nothing that quick press can't handle!

Hasn't IM 55 already dropped? Not such an easy sell these days

I believe it dropped two times already.

Nothing that quick press can't handle!

Haha I was talking the prices though.

Yeah -- weird to think the first appearance of Drax is a bigger key than the first appearance of Star Lord. :P

Dave Bautista FTW.

First appearance of Drax is a non-factor in value of IM 55... He's completely subsumed by the big Titan.

Yeah -- weird to think the first appearance of Drax is a bigger key than the first appearance of Star Lord. :P

Dave Bautista FTW.

First appearance of Drax is a non-factor in value of IM 55... He's completely subsumed by the big Titan.

RMA has two accounts? :baiting:

Dave Bautista FTW.

RMA has two accounts? :baiting:

RMA sighting!

:popcorn:

Dave Bautista FTW.

Umm...yeah. You new around here, xomic? My post was clearly sarcastic...

Even then, I think Thanos' overall popularity will finally blossom enough to sustain the book as a major key, thus helping it retain its value

Villains never hold their value well maybe a couple months after the fact then it's a downward trend.

NEVER, that is not true at all. Characters like Thanos and Darksied have a cult following and always will. Me personally I always root for the villains i.e. Darth Vader and have been a huge fan of Thanos for a long time and would pay a premium for his books over heroes from that time period anyday.

Who's on the cover of IM #55....?

Drax. He is my favorite character in the GOTG movies. And as an added bonus you have Thanos inside the book!

NEVER, that is not true at all. Characters like Thanos and Darksied have a cult following and always will. Me personally I always root for the villains i.e. Darth Vader and have been a huge fan of Thanos for a long time and would pay a premium for his books over heroes from that time period anyday.

Yeah, not to mention most of the Bat/Spider-Man Rogues Gallery.

One day the industry is going to recognize that forever people 1 is the Darksied book to get. He is definitely one of most interesting villain out there. Hope there do him justice on the big screen.

Edited by Iqc23