• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

Which books are they connecting?

All of them, they connect to make one image.

(:

Every JSC cover ever! I can't wait to see how he connects all his Gen13 & whatnot covers in!

Found a Danger Girl #2 Smoking Gun in a collection at the store today. It's not the ruby red one, but still nice none the less.

Deadpool vs.X-Force that I kept. Edit....I need to clean my scanner.

scan0007.jpg

Edited by UltraMaximus

Thanks! I believe it is a 9.6/9.8 Candidate just like the copy I sold yesterday. That buyer is going to be pleased he saved $2 over the other auction, and spent a little more on better shipping/packaging.

No Danger Girl Scan as it is not mine to scan, it is on the wall at the store I hang out on Wednesdays and help out at. (Spec. Opps s they don't bleed keys out the door)

If you are interested in knowing where the Danger Girl is, send me a PM, and I'll get you connected. It looked like a 9.4/9.6 raw copy.

I cannot win with Silk #3. 2nd copy arrived today, and it too was not the same copy pictured on the auction, but this seller swears he had 3 copies and must have gotten them mixed up.

So this one goes back to the seller and I hunt for at least a 9.4 looking copy.....which is seemingly impossible apparently. None graded so far as I can see, and I don't want to pay some other graders tax on a book that is already overpriced. I just want't to complete my Silk set. Not asking for much right?!?!!?

Like eBay sellers (that aren't members here and know how) actually knows wtf a 9.8 candidate looks like! lol It wasn't the square copy I paid for in the picture, and it happened twice now. I know what I am looking for when purchasing.

Like I stated earlier, I am not paying slab tax on this book. If I wanted it slabbed, I'll submit it myself.

All a matter of preference. Some might consider it a slab tax. I call it convenience. Just like using a valet service when going to a popular restaurant.Sure you can find street parking, but you can avoid the hassle and pay a valet. The price i pay for convenience. two cents.

Picked up the JSC X-Infernus variant for $4 today. The Magik cover. Definitely a solid 9.6/9/8. Not exactly a super rare book, or ultra desirable, but it's pretty cool.

I actually love that cover. It's cool that the top and bottom half of the comic are essentially two different art pieces. Yet, still flows seamlessly. Also, not many cgc 9.8s have been graded last time I looked at the census. So 9.8s don't really pop up often.

I actually prefer this cover over his recent variants he has put out the last year lol that includes the black cat/silk and all his renew your vows, etc. Doesn't really show skin or have that T&A factor. However, the cover is just awesome. IMO

X-Infernus_01_VariantCover.jpg:cloud9:

I think he's using a different inker these days. Or has a few different inkers that he works with & some of them aren't nearly as good as others. Takes a lot of the JSC-style out of the art.

I might actually consider sending it in. I've got a stack of about 10 JSC variants sitting around right now that I'm very seriously considering sending in for grading. I keep leafing thru them to check & re-check them. Maybe pre-screen them.

But I really did like that variant. I've never noticed that they're essentially 2 pieces. But I'll have to look at it better later. I've seen it sitting in the LCS for most of the past year, but I finally broke down & picked it up.