• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GGA - Deadlier Than The Male
4 4

734 posts in this topic

hm

Merry is the adopted sister of the Original STAR SPANGLED KID. She first appeared in

STAR SPANGLED COMICS #81...I don't have that one, but I do have issue #82 where

I believe it's the first time you see her in costume.

<a  href=https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1698/24506516979_8b6c8634c7_z.jpg' alt='24506516979_8b6c8634c7_z.jpg'>IMG MERRY from THE STAR SPANGLED KID

mm

Spitfire Comics #133 - Luck I believe you already posted the cover of this second and only appearance of "Spitfire Saunders" signed here by artist Paul Cooper from the Jerry Iger studio. I've spent several hours researching obscure publishers Malverne Herald and Elliot Publishing Company for its various Gilberton/Farrell ties - if any comic book historians here know something would love to hear.

Spitfire.jpg

Edited by path4play

hm

Merry is the adopted sister of the Original STAR SPANGLED KID. She first appeared in

STAR SPANGLED COMICS #81...I don't have that one, but I do have issue #82 where

I believe it's the first time you see her in costume.

:luhv::luhv:

Bonus Points to anyone who can introduce me to a Golden Age heroine/crime-fighter that I've never heard of.

Love it!! :luhv::luhv:

Bonus Points to anyone who can introduce me to a Golden Age heroine/crime-fighter that I've never heard of.

I'll give this a shot (admittedly not fair because she is so obscure and not the lead in any comic (even inside stories) - I just happened to read the one shot comic book today (where she does appear on the cover).

Hint: the book was reprint of a newspaper strip.

Hint: A female Russian (back in they day they were war allies) Lieutenant Aviator (not unlike Spitfire Sanders):

3.png

4.png

Edited by path4play

Love it!! :luhv::luhv:

I'll give this a shot (admittedly not fair because she is so obscure and not the lead in any comic (even inside stories) - I just happened to read the one shot comic book today (where she does appear on the cover).

Hint: the book was reprint of a newspaper strip.

Hint: A female Russian (back in they day they were war allies) Lieutenant Aviator (not unlike Spitfire Sanders):

3.png

4.png

I don't have a clue, but these panels are great and I would love to see more of her!

I'm gonna take a wild guess... someone from Terry and the Pirates?

Thank you for posting. I was lost looking for one-shots published by Standard. While it was fun, this is great.

According to the Toonopedia, the feature was drawn by a who's who of the GA: Elmer Wexler then Paul Norris then David Moneypenny and finally Bernard Baily. Sorry to say I can't tell you who drew the ones above :shrug:

Here's SATURNETTE...some of the best WONDER WOMAN stories are in

COMIC CAVALCADE.

<a  href=https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1586/24913126396_2136abda47_z.jpg' alt='24913126396_2136abda47_z.jpg'>IMG WONDER WOMAN SPLASH from COMIC CAVALCADE #22

mm