• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHOW US YOUR GOLDEN AGE CANADIAN COMICS
12 12

1,827 posts in this topic

That's a nice looking 5.5.

Mad #1 is a cool book, but it's common and seems to be on a downturn of late (I wouldn't know if that applies to the Canadian version or not).

That's a nice looking 5.5.

Mad #1 is a cool book, but it's common and seems to be on a downturn of late (I wouldn't know if that applies to the Canadian version or not).

Only FIVE (5) copies extant on the CGC Census of the Canadian edition versus its American counterpart at 305 copies. :o

I agree that it's a really nice looking 5.5

I haven't been paying much attention to EC's humour comics, so I wasn't aware that there was a Canadian version of # 1 (and probably others).

Edited by ecgt

Here is one you never see. Mad # 1 Canadian Edition :cloud9:

Only FIVE (5) copies extant on the CGC Census of the Canadian edition versus its American counterpart at 305 copies. :o

This is the highest graded Universal Blue copy

Certified by CGC:

Mad%201_zpshvxtk8x8.jpg

When I acquired it in its raw uncertified state

_57_zpsvfocu6vd.jpg

ee_zpsdo7bi9wg.jpg

uuuuu_zps1l8nfta0.jpg

iiii_zpsutyoqfkl.jpg

Interesting article published in the Comic Book Marketplace

Mad%201%20CDN_zpsiupooxyr.jpg

Awesome pick up! I can't read the indicia, does it say when it was printed?

Maybe my eyes are getting old, but that looks much nicer than the grade. I had just read online about the existence of Mad #1 in a Canadian variant and thought "I've never seen that one before..."

Surf in here and there it is!!

That's actually the last issue of Freelance. Most of the later-run issues of Freelance are easier to track down than other WECA books, but for some reason I haven't seen a copy of issue 35 available for sale in some time.