• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,423 posts in this topic

nice; i once had the "every moon girl appearance" run, and enjoyed it very much.

You sure you didn't "moon every girl" and run? That seems more your style.

Finally arrived, really happy to finally own a copy. I was a bit surprised it was auctioned in a Sunday event. (Please note, no rude comments about the comforter)

F4BB2959-F667-4BE3-BAC6-3AE005E69619.jpg

Awesome!

Very cool interiors

Huge Congrats this one is so Classic in every sense of the word

nice; i once had the "every moon girl appearance" run, and enjoyed it very much.

You sure you didn't "moon every girl" and run? That seems more your style.

:signfunny:

+1 :roflmao:

I think that's called formal dating in Louisiana. gw.gif

...actually, it's called Courtin' and Sparkin" down that way...... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I just pulled the trigger on a 3 issue bundle of Famous Funnies. 61,63,64; from 1939, and all feature Kirby art! (Lightnin' and The Lone Rider) $30!

From eBay, however, so I have to just hope it happens at this point, but still pumped! Wish me luck!

Got 'em, and all is well. I know there's not much love for this era of Famous Funnies, but I'm pretty happy to have these. Kirby art books from the 30's at ten bucks a pop? I'm in!

I just pulled the trigger on a 3 issue bundle of Famous Funnies. 61,63,64; from 1939, and all feature Kirby art! (Lightnin' and The Lone Rider) $30!

From eBay, however, so I have to just hope it happens at this point, but still pumped! Wish me luck!

Got 'em, and all is well. I know there's not much love for this era of Famous Funnies, but I'm pretty happy to have these. Kirby art books from the 30's at ten bucks a pop? I'm in!

Great score! Pics?

The Kirby feature (signed Lance Kirby) is "Lightnin' and The Lone Rider". It's mentioned on two covers.

Here's his first comic book appearance, in a big full page ad from #61. There are also cool little promo panels throughout! They were really hoping for big things!

p><p> These don

Edited by KirbyJack

Not comics, not golden age, but I still think it is cool

EFC27959-4F5B-4AFD-B32D-FA35BD79B2A8.jpg

Cool. I bought those as a kid. There were a couple I never got to complete the set. I think that's how those sets were designed -- with a couple of low print run numbers to keep kids buying the packs.

There was a fun book on the set that came out a few years ago. Includes the original drawings for a couple that were issued in censored form.