• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,060 posts in this topic

So......the fugly 6.0 ended up at $3824 on HA today, which is lower than the last GPA sale a year ago in the same grade. Not a great result, but it looks like bidders shied away due to the weakness of the copy (the fugly gift graded CGC 5.5 B&B #28 suffered the same fate).

Not the best for the grades. I just think way too much stuff being auctioning this month

It'll close at around 5k and change ...

Peter, going for the over.

not even close

It was a good price for the buyer.

I'll say! Though I still think my 4.5 white pages looked nicer.

That is exactly why this copy did not do much. The ending time was not the issue, the poor quality of the book for the grade was. There were a number of other gift graded books that did not do well today. Maybe the market is finally wisening up?

It'll close at around 5k and change ...

Peter, going for the over.

not even close

It was a good price for the buyer.

I'll say! Though I still think my 4.5 white pages looked nicer.

Yours has nice paper. ;) A few 4.5's sold in the high 2's and a few 5 in the mid 3's recently.

So......the fugly 6.0 ended up at $3824 on HA today, which is lower than the last GPA sale a year ago in the same grade. Not a great result, but it looks like bidders shied away due to the weakness of the copy (the fugly gift graded CGC 5.5 B&B #28 suffered the same fate).

Yeah but it's too bad cause we really didn't get a good read on what a 6.0 copy of the book would do at auction because of this lackluster sale.