• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,315 posts in this topic

comvaultofhorror30_zpsm0mivjxu.jpg

The VOH 30 does have the gruesome factor, plus I love the bit of humor on the back sign ("Stomach Upset?").

However, I'm partial to the VOH 31 (the man's face beaten to a pulp with a mallet as the blood and rain mix together in the street lit by a red lantern) - sublime yet stupendous.

I thought I was pretty familiar with EC, but I have never noticed that cover. You're right, it's great!

An up-grade for my Crypt of Terror #18. Thanks to a fellow board member. (thumbs u

Crypt%20of%20Terror%2018%20tag_zpsobsd2epb.jpg

Crypt%20of%20Terror%2018_zpsbw21a4hh.jpg

Just a beautiful book, it presents so well and has perfect pages too.

COT 18 is one of my Top Ten EC's (I have an OA page from the Feldstein story, I like it that much), hearty congratulations vk!

An up-grade for my Crypt of Terror #18. Thanks to a fellow board member. (thumbs u

COT 18 is one of my Top Ten EC's (I have an OA page from the Feldstein story, I like it that much), hearty congratulations vk!

Great comic and cover -- the initial 3 Crypt of Terrors were all terrific. I like the way in which Johnny Craig illustrated himself (an aged vision) as the morgue's working stiff. :)

Great comic and cover -- the initial 3 Crypt of Terrors were all terrific. I like the way in which Johnny Craig illustrated himself (an aged vision) as the morgue's working stiff. :)

I didn't know that. I always thought he looked familiar. Thanks for the info.

I didn't know that. I always thought he looked familiar. Thanks for the info.

It's really just my assumption, but given Craig drew it and the guy is a spitting image for Craig in that time period "aged up", I am pretty sure it's so. Edit to add a link to Johnny and his wife at one of the EC Christmas parties. :)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c8/Johnnytonicraig.jpg

Edited by originalisbest

I just picked the latest copy of the EC FAN-ADDICT FANZINE issue 3 by Roger Hill long time EC fanatic. Its a fun read full of interesting articles about EC comics and artists. He sells them through ebay. I know this isn't a sales thread but I thought a lot of readers on this thread would be interested.

I just picked the latest copy of the EC FAN-ADDICT FANZINE issue 3 by Roger Hill long time EC fanatic. Its a fun read full of interesting articles about EC comics and artists. He sells them through ebay. I know this isn't a sales thread but I thought a lot of readers on this thread would be interested.

We have often recommended books and magazines about comics in the threads, which I think is a different matter than someone hawking their comics for sale.

For those interested:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EC-FAN-ADDICT-FANZINE-3-NOW-OUT-THE-DEATH-OF-MAX-GAINES-KRENKEL-COVERS-/301866157681?hash=item4648a00671:g:vLwAAOSwqYBWmS5O

New arrival, and what turns out to be an accurate grade from CGC - the front cover has that pedigree "pop", but there is some soiling/scuffing along the spine on the back cover, which brings the technical grade down.

OW-W pages, too. :cloud9:

c925e560-461f-42c0-8609-d89c6911d8ff_zpsvegcuns7.jpg