• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western comics.
11 11

2,254 posts in this topic

Good girl western

SCAN0333_zps7q9xkgap.jpg

A Graham Ingels cover on that #13. Here are the last 2 of the little 3 issue run that followed the Redskin series.

Famous%20Western%20Badmen%2014_zpsarp8yrtp.jpg

FamousWesternBadmen15_zps926277f4-1.jpg

I'd say, pound for pound, the best western mini-run going. And on the list of the best mini-runs (3-5 issues) ever. imho, of course!

I'd say, pound for pound, the best western mini-run going. And on the list of the best mini-runs (3-5 issues) ever. imho, of course!

Ooooh. An interesting question. First one that comes to mind on top of that list is The Black Knight, 5 issues, all great covers and superb content.

Ooooh. An interesting question. First one that comes to mind on top of that list is The Black Knight, 5 issues, all great covers and superb content.

Yellow Claw too, Michael. Great Maneely, Severin and Everett covers.

But my fave is Hillmen's Pirates.

"Interior"? What is this "interior" you speak of? Oh you mean those small pictures on the inside? I'm a cover man myself. Front cover, of course. At least, I used to be...

meh on the inside, the usual fare. Except for one thing, and it's pretty big - it carries through the rendition of Miss Sunbeam by the same artist who does the cover. So there are many panels of Miss Sunbeam, who is otherwise known (to me) as "The Little Girl with the Adult Head". It's very creepy in a way that I really dig.

Read this last night from the unsorted pile; Lone Ranger # 47.

This is not even a year in Tom Gill & Paul Newman run on the Ranger and the front story was really pedestrian. I've always gravitated more to the Dubois stories so I was much more pleased with the Young Hawk back-up. It's more bucolic, doesn't look to insert conflict unnecessarily. In this installment, the group runs into other hunters, help them, they get invited home to have a meal together and play basketball. All nice and interesting enough. A pleasant read -

Lone%20Ranger%2047_zps2faog4r9.jpg

Lone%20Ranger%2047%20-%20Young%20Hawk%20Splash_zpsgx4p9ltx.jpg

Lone%20Ranger%2047%20-%20Young%20Hawk%20Page_zpspfmyy5yz.jpg

This seems to be the place to post some group pictures of western comics. These are from an OO collection that eBay seller comics4less will be auctioning over the next 2 weeks starting this Sunday March 7th.

Approximately 1100 comics so if you are looking to fill some holes this might be your opportunity.

20160217_145630_zps52yln1zv.jpg

20160217_145545_zpso8qivyau.jpg

20160217_145454_zpsh8dv0xei.jpg