• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project: Sugar and Spike
4 4

557 posts in this topic

You are just kidding about cracking out the #2 slab right? Silver has in my opinion some of the finest affordable registry sets in the system, and probably some of the most interesting to read , I have learned more from reading Silver's Superboy registry set gallery than any other I have encountered. it is so informative that it has almost driven me to collect Superboy's.

His Sugar and Spike registry set is amazing and inspires envy, and HAS driven me to start collecting them, although I fear I will never find the first two issues, if I do acquire those fist two issues ( regardless of grade if the are blue label/complete) I may get the first 20 issues CGC graded and start a registry myself although it would pale to Silvers collection.

You are just kidding about cracking out the #2 slab right?

No I am not. I thought Silver's Sugar and Spike collection was mostly raw like his Superman comic collection.

The latest in project Sugar and Spike...a liberated CGC 8.0, nice looking copy:

sas13.jpg

Silver has in my opinion some of the finest affordable registry sets in the system, and probably some of the most interesting to read , I have learned more from reading Silver's Superboy registry set gallery than any other I have encountered. it is so informative that it has almost driven me to collect Superboy's.

His Sugar and Spike registry set is amazing and inspires envy, and HAS driven me to start collecting them....

Interesting. I didn't know write-ups were possible as part of the Registry. Maybe I'll look into these at some point.

(shrug)

Oh you have yet to peruse the CGC galleries Hepcat? Wow that is half the fun of this CGC website, searching for and finding those rare individual collections that people put their heart and soul into with both detailed descriptions and photo's, especially classic older sets.

Hmmmm. I take it there's no link to the CGC Registry from this board. Should I understand that the CGC Registry is separate from this board and that I cannot use my Hepcat login to view the CGC Registry?

???

You don't need a separate pass word to explore the registry , just type in: CGC registry at the top of your computer and click on the registry option which will bring you to the main CGC page, from there click the registry tab and at the bottom it says "explore the registry" start out by searching under the letter S and see Silvers great Superboy set.

52/98 complete:

sas2cgc.jpg

Do you break out the slabbed copies so that you can put them with the rest of your Sugar and Spike run?

???

Kind of, I mostly break them out of slabs so I can read them and enjoy the interiors. Putting them in a Mylar and placing them with rest of the set is part of the ritual. Currently I have a few issues still in slabs because the whole process is kind of like a ritual and I haven't really had the time to sit and enjoy it like I want to. I have quite a few slabs to crack at the moment. Anyone want to come over and have a slab cracking party? lol

52/98 complete:

sas2cgc.jpg

Do you break out the slabbed copies so that you can put them with the rest of your Sugar and Spike run?

???

Kind of, I mostly break them out of slabs so I can read them and enjoy the interiors. Putting them in a Mylar and placing them with rest of the set is part of the ritual. Currently I have a few issues still in slabs because the whole process is kind of like a ritual and I haven't really had the time to sit and enjoy it like I want to. I have quite a few slabs to crack at the moment. Anyone want to come over and have a slab cracking party? lol

Don't you have some high grade Don & Maggie copies? I admire your fortitude in cracking and reading those babies!

You are just kidding about cracking out the #2 slab right? Silver has in my opinion some of the finest affordable registry sets in the system, and probably some of the most interesting to read , I have learned more from reading Silver's Superboy registry set gallery than any other I have encountered. it is so informative that it has almost driven me to collect Superboy's.

His Sugar and Spike registry set is amazing and inspires envy, and HAS driven me to start collecting them, although I fear I will never find the first two issues, if I do acquire those fist two issues ( regardless of grade if the are blue label/complete) I may get the first 20 issues CGC graded and start a registry myself although it would pale to Silvers collection.

Those are some kind words, thank you.

I love collecting comics, the registry is a fun thing to participate in.

This piece is pretty rare

Scan0021_zpsjxmqibyw.jpg

Unless I can somehow get you to part with that, would you mind taking some photos of the interior to post here? I know I am interested in seeing more! :grin:

I will when I get some time

52/98 complete:

sas2cgc.jpg

???

Don't you have some high grade Don & Maggie copies? I admire your fortitude in cracking and reading those babies!

Where would I be in this insane persuit without pedigrees? Don and Maggie, Savannah, Boston, Oakland, Brad Square.... I crack em all!