• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ale Garza Commissions

78 posts in this topic

As a follow up to the commissions I paid Ale for that he lied about to me over and over again...

- Ale's wife send me a piece of "consolation" art (after lying just once about shipping it).

I sold it to get most of my money back from this failed commission.

If you get ripped off buying art commissions from Ale Garza, please don't say you weren't warned.

Wow to this whole thread! Glad you were able to recoup most of your money.

I commissioned a 20 page comic from him in June of 2013 and not seen one page yet! I gave him $5000 back then and then last year I gave him 2K more for him to finish more quickly and STILL nothing! He keeps giving me the runaround.

I don't know what to do. Any Advice?

I commissioned a 20 page comic from him in June of 2013 and not seen one page yet! I gave him $5000 back then and then last year I gave him 2K more for him to finish more quickly and STILL nothing! He keeps giving me the runaround.

I don't know what to do. Any Advice?

wow. what were you thinking giving him more money after he didn't deliver the first time ? makes no sense to me.seems to me you keep digging yourself a bigger hole with him. first thing, stop giving him more money, secondly, threaten legal action if he doesn't deliver soon. for that type of money he should give you something by now.

Why would you give him more money if he didn't deliver anything? I believe he is now repped by mga or kirk. Make sure you email them constantly until you get a response.

He is still with MGA. Contact Mike. He will look into things. He is very responsive. But don't ask for the comic. Get your money back.

I feel bad for people who have had an issue with their Ale Garza commission. I went though More great art on June 6, 2015 and just yesterday, my CGC sketch cover arrived completed and perfect. The only reason it took this long was that we were waiting to ship a Chatzoudis cover and some CGC, GI Joe covers as well. Def contact Mike at MGA cuz he was great to deal with. The commission was done by the end of SDCC and I didn't have to pay until it was sent off the CGC.

Top notch in my books.

Edited by millvilleresident

Yea. I've learned I will never deal with Ale directly again. Always go through MGA. He might put a little on top but he holds their payments in escrow until they complete the work. So you can always get it back if they don't deliver.

Yea. I've learned I will never deal with Ale directly again. Always go through MGA. He might put a little on top but he holds their payments in escrow until they complete the work. So you can always get it back if they don't deliver.

Or you could never support this type of artist at all, regardless of his representation. Giving him more money (even through a trusted agent) allows him to continue to stiff other people.

Or you could never support this type of artist at all, regardless of his representation. Giving him more money (even through a trusted agent) allows him to continue to stiff other people.

That's true also. Just a rule of thumb for Mike and how he handles all of his artists and commissions.

I commissioned a cover piece from him in November of 2015. After years of getting given the run around, I saw the cover but he changed it from full body to half body. He promised to do another half to make up for it for free. I still have not seen the second cover at all and he wont show me it despite saying he has finished it. I still have not had anything shipped to me. Every time I get "its going out this week" "lost your address" "found your address" "been busy" "shipping tomorrow" and so on. Avoid any commissions from Ale Garza. He won't even offer a refund. 4 years now, still nothing. The least professional work ethic I've experienced.

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 1:36 PM, ONE.UP said:

I commissioned a cover piece from him in November of 2015. After years of getting given the run around, I saw the cover but he changed it from full body to half body. He promised to do another half to make up for it for free. I still have not seen the second cover at all and he wont show me it despite saying he has finished it. I still have not had anything shipped to me. Every time I get "its going out this week" "lost your address" "found your address" "been busy" "shipping tomorrow" and so on. Avoid any commissions from Ale Garza. He won't even offer a refund. 4 years now, still nothing. The least professional work ethic I've experienced.

File a police report, and/or light him up on social media.

On 1/17/2020 at 1:07 AM, revat said:

File a police report, and/or light him up on social media.

I unfortunately don't live in the USA. I would just not advise anyone to purchase or support him in the future. It's a pity because if he was upfront with time restrictions or gave me a date it would not be an issue, but he clearly thinks everyone is stupid. His excuses are pathetic. I was more than understanding until the last 4-5 months. He is still actively seeking money and taking commissions from people when he has a backlog of over 4 years. It's a joke. 

Edited by ONE.UP

13 hours ago, ONE.UP said:

I unfortunately don't live in the USA. I would just not advise anyone to purchase or support him in the future. It's a pity because if he was upfront with time restrictions or gave me a date it would not be an issue, but he clearly thinks everyone is stupid. His excuses are pathetic. I was more than understanding until the last 4-5 months. He is still actively seeking money and taking commissions from people when he has a backlog of over 4 years. It's a joke. 

its great that you want to warn people here, and I hope you get your art or money or whatever.  But just because you're out of the USA doesn't mean you can't bring the facts to social media to exert pressure in a different way.  Your choice of course, up to you.  Also, of course document every transaction or correspondence with him or his agent.