• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,202 posts in this topic

5) Dutch74 reappears, following his attempts to delete his profile, claiming he had no interest in this forum

That should be irrelevant concerning this topic

though he went through at least one name change in the process ).

And that should be irrelevant as well. Although obviously it's not to you. Does that explain you biased posts? That would be plainly sad.

It's interesting as well that you mention these facts, suggesting many things, while leaving the conclusions in the open. Is this what you mean when you describe yourself as an honest person who does things in a calm and polite way? Sorry, but I disagree.

To all who are here for the right reasons, I am sorry about this off-topic discussion.

Absolutely relevant. A link to a thread that illustrated, in a previous instance when someone didn't agree with you, you put people on ignore and got bent out of shape . Pretty similar to what you did here. And while there's a number of reasons to change your user name, often it's done by a member who doesn't want other people to remember what they said or did, so your changing it in the middle of whatever dust-up you were getting in with someone then, if nothing else, is worth noting.

Also, it's been pointed out that a large part of why seerojas's PL status might have been overlooked was due to your not following up on it. The fact that you were looking for a way to wash your hands of the forum (when as it was pointed out to you in that thread, no one is forcing you or anyone else to be here) doesn't fit neatly with your claims that everything you're saying and doing here is in the "best interests of your fellow forum members". So again, it's relevant, since your primary defense of your actions -- you remember, actions like calling out Hector and babaooey and suggesting they endorse people ripping other people off -- is that you're doing so for the better good.

And if you can show me where I've been anything other than calm or polite in our discussion, be my guest. I've done nothing but present the facts as they've unfolded, with links to actual postings, so also feel free to link back to anything I've said or done that could be categorized as dishonest. I've told you already that I appreciated your bringing seerojas's actions back to the attention of everyone here. And I've tried to give your some helpful suggestions, since the path you're going on has been traveled by enough people before that it's not a surprise how it usually ends up. And for that, you're offended somehow. :facepalm:

Dude, you disagreed with him. :ohnoez:

I'm pretty sure that makes you evil incarnate.

I'm not sure as I don't have my Butthurt manual handy.

Oh please. You keep multiple copies in every room in the house, for handy reference. I've seen them.

Probation List Nomination

davedawgbg

Reason: Transaction not Completed after 30 Days & No Communication

Claimed and Paid for Books on Dec 9th / 2015 in davedawgbg's Sales Thread

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=79&Number=9034932&Searchpage=1&Main=390016&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post9034932

Dec 9th / 2015 davedawgbg acknowledges payment has been received and books will be shipped next day and shipping info to be provided (Last I heard from him)

Sent PM on Jan 3 / 2016 asking for the Shipping Info as the books still have not showed up.

No Response, still shows as unread.

Sent PM on Jan 11 / 2016 asking for shipping details. No response still shows as unread

Sent PM on Jan 11 / 2016 informing davedawgbg that I am nominating him for the Probation List

Edited by Spracks919

davedawgbg

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=79&Number=9034932&Searchpage=1&Main=390016&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post9034932

Dec 9th / 2015 davedawgbg acknowledges payment has been received and books will be shipped next day and shipping info to be provided (Last I heard from him)

Sent PM on Jan 3 / 2016 asking for the Shipping Info as the books still have not showed up.

Sent PM on Jan 11 / 2016 asking for shipping details. No response still shows as unread

Sent PM on Jan 11 / 2016 informing davedawgbg that I am nominating him for the Probation List

Just curious why you waited til Jan 3 to ask for tracking info when he said he would provide it on Dec 10th. I would think you reach out on the 11th, 12th or Monday the 14th with "hello that tracking number was?",but no you waited another 3+ weeks.

Hi Spracks,

I just got off the phone with DaveDawg. He hasn't been on the boards for weeks to check PMs due to personal stuff but if this was a Batman lot, he did mail it off weeks ago. He will get on the boards tomorrow he promises to get you tracking, whatever. I'll PM you as well.

Hi Spracks,

I just got off the phone with DaveDawg. He hasn't been on the boards for weeks to check PMs due to personal stuff but if this was a Batman lot, he did mail it off weeks ago. He will get on the boards tomorrow he promises to get you tracking, whatever. I'll PM you as well.

Hi House of Comics,

Thanks for the update/response. Appreciate it.

davedawgbg

Just curious why you waited til Jan 3 to ask for tracking info when he said he would provide it on Dec 10th. I would think you reach out on the 11th, 12th or Monday the 14th with "hello that tracking number was?",but no you waited another 3+ weeks.

Yes, due diligence is necessary.

davedawgbg

Yes, due diligence is necessary.

:jokealert: Lawyers!!!! Edited by Conan_Aficionado

To start, big thanks to Marc (HouseofComics) for his phone calls this week to redirect me to my derelict responsibilities (politely), can’t wait to see you at SVC in March.

2015 ended rather rough and 2016 has gotten off to an inauspicious beginning to be sure.

Apologies to Gatchaman and THB for leaving you guys hanging on our last communication, I hope we can pick it back up but I’ll understand if that ship has sailed. Biggest apology goes to Spracks919 for his books being caught in the limbo of our circumstances for over a month and I’ve PM’d the details to you.

To keep this somewhat brief, I’ll touch on the largest difficulties amongst the myriad of the end of last year and beginning of this has dropped on us:

The 1:30am phone call on Thursday the 12th from my dad to say he was taking mom to the ER due to severe pains and elevated pulse/BP: that one turned into emergency surgery to have her gall bladder removed. My dad had is appendix out earlier during 2015, he said they’re just jettisoning spare parts they don’t need (old people are funny).

A trip to the ER for my cousin’s wife going into labor prematurely with their second child, they live relatively close (1/2 hour drive) but that necessitated a lot of time away from home and overnight stays watching his older daughter and keeping him company at the hospital and at home.

Multiple trips to San Diego (it’s lovely this time of year) to see my best friend’s family because of: 1) His wife and her multiple trips to the ER which turned out to be kidney stones as well as a cyst growing on her lady parts, both of which have required multiple procedures, she may also be on the docket to have her gall bladder out (seems to be the theme for 2016). And 2) his infant son who also had to have surgery to take care of a birth abnormality. Being God parents is the greatest honor/burden to bestow upon those whom you are closest.

And the cu de gras: and ER trip for my wife (Happy :censored: New Year!) followed by not one, but two bouts with the flu (as of yet, I have avoided the bug but I feel like my time is coming).

Ultimately everyone is fine and we are finally home now for the foreseeable future without need for any unexpected travel or emergencies but all of this has caused us to be away an extraordinary amount. I finally returned to the work this week and spent three days just going through 1400 unread emails (about 800 which were completely unrelated to work). I haven’t even logged into the boards since the middle of December as that is something done regularly while at work in its own browser in the background, you know, because professionalism.

Despite all that has happened, Spracks919 is technically correct in his nomination so if he would like to proceed I won’t fight it because this had nothing to do with him directly and ultimately the responsibility falls on me for the lack of communication. I dropped his books in the mail the day following my last message which is where the deal gets hairy because it was returned for “insufficient postage” during our absence. This of course is a scam that has happened to me twice before over a few years by the PO where I live, they say a package is slightly above the weight entered for online ordering to squeeze more postage out of the sender. t was too big to be left in the drop box (we live in an apartment complex) so one of the notices was left saying we had an item to pick up at the local PO which I did not find in the pile of mail that had accumulated over the month until Marc called me earlier this week to inform me of what was transpiring. In my mind the books had been delivered and it did not occur to me that I had any unfinished business to be concerned with.

I have offered Spracks919 an immediate full refund or to resend them expedited shipping due to the massive delay, but as stated above, if he still wants to proceed with this his assertion and reason for doing so is (unfortunately) not wrong.

I'm sorry to have to nominate for the Probation List: Spiderman12

On12/17 I listed a lot of coverless comics for sale via auction format in which Spiderman12 was the highest bidder of $10 plus shipping $15 total of $25. I sent him an invoice on that day. My PM was read yet unanswered. Again on 12/24 read and unanswered and another sent on 12/28 this time he finally answers

Sorry I missed these messages. I can pay, although I am not interested Any longer let me know if you would rather keep them for the $10 or sell I am fine either way thanks sorry for the confusion.

I agreed to except just the $10 and move on, but yet the $10 never came and I had to send another message on 12/31 and his reply was:

I will mail you $10. Address? You can just give the other bidder the books free and have him pay shipping

I gave him my address.

1/11 rolls around and no check, so I send another message inquiring and his reply is:

Yes sending $10 cash. Just need a stamp. Will send this week

Its been over 30 days and I did tell him in that thread that I would make a nomination to the probation list. That message was read and not replied to.

Today I have sent a new message solely for the purpose of his nomination by me to the probation list.

Not a big amount, not a big deal. Certainly its all principle at this point. I did take the time to put my sales thread together to move some unwanted but useful books. There was an under bidder that would have likely been happy to have won them, but Spiderman12 has dismantled the sale with a stringing of excuses.

I'm sorry to have to nominate for the Probation List: Spiderman12

On12/17 I listed a lot of coverless comics for sale via auction format in which Spiderman12 was the highest bidder of $10 plus shipping $15 total of $25. I sent him an invoice on that day. My PM was read yet unanswered. Again on 12/24 read and unanswered and another sent on 12/28 this time he finally answers

Sorry I missed these messages. I can pay, although I am not interested Any longer let me know if you would rather keep them for the $10 or sell I am fine either way thanks sorry for the confusion.

I agreed to except just the $10 and move on, but yet the $10 never came and I had to send another message on 12/31 and his reply was:

I will mail you $10. Address? You can just give the other bidder the books free and have him pay shipping

I gave him my address.

1/11 rolls around and no check, so I send another message inquiring and his reply is:

Yes sending $10 cash. Just need a stamp. Will send this week

Its been over 30 days and I did tell him in that thread that I would make a nomination to the probation list. That message was read and not replied to.

Today I have sent a new message solely for the purpose of his nomination by me to the probation list.

Not a big amount, not a big deal. Certainly its all principle at this point. I did take the time to put my sales thread together to move some unwanted but useful books. There was an under bidder that would have likely been happy to have won them, but Spiderman12 has dismantled the sale with a stringing of excuses.

How weird and unnecessary.

I almost feel like sending the $10.

Right? Why flush your reputation on the boards over $10?

Here's a story for you. It didn't happen on the Boards but at the local convention a few years ago, first really huge show, I was working for a seller with a lot of $2 bins, fresh stuff, clean books, and people were really buying.

One guy comes up to me with his two kids, young ones, obviously new to comics and cons, and asks me if we had copies of such and such books, I think it was the Indiana Jones movie adaptations, we did, in the $2 Bins, in great condition, if that mattered.

He wanted to get them and share them with his kids, who looked excited, and I was excited to be able to make it happen, for the huge sum of $2 a book.

He takes a look at them, and asks me if he can have them for $1 each. I didn't really know what to say, except, "well, its not my stuff, so I'll have to ask".

The seller said no, and I think justifiably in the circumstances. It was the first day of a monster show with lots of people making huge piles out of these bins. The seller was not going to suddenly announce to one customer that books could be had for $1 each.

So the customer hands them back to me and says he'll have to pass, and leaves with his two very sad and confused looking kids, so he could save like $3.

And I had the same feeling afterwards, "maybe I should have just paid for the difference for the kids...".

Someone said to me "no you shouldn't have, you can't save the guy from being a jerk".

Right? Why flush your reputation on the boards over $10?

Here's a story for you. It didn't happen on the Boards but at the local convention a few years ago, first really huge show, I was working for a seller with a lot of $2 bins, fresh stuff, clean books, and people were really buying.

One guy comes up to me with his two kids, young ones, obviously new to comics and cons, and asks me if we had copies of such and such books, I think it was the Indiana Jones movie adaptations, we did, in the $2 Bins, in great condition, if that mattered.

He wanted to get them and share them with his kids, who looked excited, and I was excited to be able to make it happen, for the huge sum of $2 a book.

He takes a look at them, and asks me if he can have them for $1 each. I didn't really know what to say, except, "well, its not my stuff, so I'll have to ask".

The seller said no, and I think justifiably in the circumstances. It was the first day of a monster show with lots of people making huge piles out of these bins. The seller was not going to suddenly announce to one customer that books could be had for $1 each.

So the customer hands them back to me and says he'll have to pass, and leaves with his two very sad and confused looking kids, so he could save like $3.

And I had the same feeling afterwards, "maybe I should have just paid for the difference for the kids...".

Someone said to me "no you shouldn't have, you can't save the guy from being a jerk".

Had a guy dig out a big stack from our dollar books...he said i'll take these. I count them out...that will be $13...he is like oh I thought they were a $1...yes and you have 13...oh no I thought it was just $1 doh!

lol

Awesome...this hobby...I swear to God...it's like a hidden camera show to see our reactions to people that do stuff like that.