• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
32 32

3,550 posts in this topic

Great catch!

It seems to me like auctions always go for less than BIN (talking variants here). Such a specific buyer - sometimes it takes a long time for the right one to come along. Great opportunity for us collectors to pick up some books at below market value.

CGC refuses to credit my variants on the label doh!

IMG_0041_zpsj1nnzglp.jpg

Bummer. I've sent a few back that didn't have the notation. I'm sure you noted it on the form. Also easier to miss without the sunburst.

I wonder if it went on the census or not?

CGC refuses to credit my variants on the label doh!

Bummer. I've sent a few back that didn't have the notation. I'm sure you noted it on the form. Also easier to miss without the sunburst.

I wonder if it went on the census or not?

I've sent them back twice before.

But since there is a 9.8 in the census I'm not going to send it back for the re-label.

Whoa! That's a nice one for sure, but not 9.4 or even 9.2 IMO.

Not that it matters much for a book so rare.

Did it actually sell? I can't see a bid, but I'm looking from the app.

Agree, really nice book and one that I would love to have, but I think the top right corner crease will keep it in the 8.0 range, which is till super high grade for that book.

scooby%20top%20corner_zpsnqivig1b.jpg

That is the second one I've ever seen - the only other one I've personally seen is the 8.5 Motor City slabbed one.

Killeen, Texas. Hmmm. I have friends who live in Belton. Might be worth a visit.

Edit..I just noted, the seller is in Herndon, Virginia. That's two miles from my house. Might be worth a ping or two.

Edited by FlyingDonut