• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Im not for sure but it may have slipped through the cracks due to unrelated drama. After his nomination, 4Comix was insulting to Sky and the thread took a new direction for a bit. Dutch did you later withdrawal the PL nomination or is it still valid?

Who?

I said 4Comix, not Comix4fun. Trust me, the two of you are nothing alike. I wonder where Hustruck is? I kind of miss the guy! :o:sick:

Im not for sure but it may have slipped through the cracks due to unrelated drama. After his nomination, 4Comix was insulting to Sky and the thread took a new direction for a bit. Dutch did you later withdrawal the PL nomination or is it still valid?

I didn't withdraw the nomination and as you can read the situation was never resolved. At some point however, I decided to let it go. I didn't want to put attention anymore to a case that I considered hopeless. And I also felt I had done what I could on warning the boardies around here.

best, E

Who?

I said 4Comix, not Comix4fun. Trust me, the two of you are nothing alike. I wonder where Hustruck is? I kind of miss the guy! :o:sick:

lol I thought maybe I got drunk and went after Sky.

While it looks like kaholo1256 is on the road to making this right, by his own admission he agrees with the nomination and should be put on the list. I'm glad we're heading toward a resolution, but the name should be added to the list for accountability's sake.

With great reluctance, I've got to nominate

kaholo1256 (Akoni)

for the probation list.

Akoni ran a sketch opportunity with Kevin Eastman via the Signature room here on the boards. It can be found here.

Akoni collected money and requests and based on pictures posted, many of the books got done.

The original plan was to have these done during the weekend of SDCC and presumably, they'd be submitted there as well. As is not uncommon for people who run sketch opps, there was a delay and the books were not all completed.

The next plan was that Akoni would drop them off for on-site grading during the Baltimore Comic Con. I contacted him to see if I could pick mine up in person since I would be at the show. He told me that he had to do another show at the last minute and that he'd submit the books at NYCC.

It's been a few weeks since NYCC and no one seems to know the status of the books at this point. Many have asked for an update in the thread with no response. PM's so far have gone unanswered. Those who have talked to him outside the boards say that he's very busy.

I'm not at a point yet where I'm looking for a refund, but the lack of communication is unnerving. At the moment, all I'm looking for is an update.

As per the rules, 3 days ago I sent a separate PM to Akoni informing him that I'd be making this post in 3 days time. As of this morning, the PM is unread and no new books are showing on my CGC account.

I really hate typing this post, but these opps need to have a certain level of transparency and accountability in order for the program to stay strong.

I hope someone can reach out to him and get him to address the issue so we can put this in the past.

In response to Adam's request of PL for me I completely AGREE I should be placed on the list. I have been so wrapped up in everything going on that I haven't had a chance to get on here in almost 11 weeks to respond to questions. Reasons I should be on here stretch more than the Eastman opp and until I can set the status back to clear I will not take another commission request nor sell on the boards. No need for voting, or large discussions of why or why not I whole heartedly believe until I can get everything done that j do belong on here.

The Eastman opp:

Yes SDCC was a huge sketch opportunity and almost everything has been completed and turned into CGC. If you check with Doug (dscott) he is just now receiving the last of his order from San Diego and I'm really trying to get this one completed. I have three large scale commissions to include Adam's request and I'll finally be done with SDCC.

The Hawaii Eastman opp:

I am waiting on 10 commissions left for it to be completed. These are 10 full body commissions and not part of the opp conducted on here. The ones completed were some different commission requests such as Nightwing Turtle, Harley Quinn Turtle, Batman, and several others which were completed as can be verified by Adonis (Not sure what he is called now) and Yaw (yagyare) who were in the hotel room while he was drawing these for everyone.

Someone asked why I took commissions at NYCC, I did not. Darrel F happened to accompany me to Kevin's hotel to pick up some commissions as well as books signed and asked me if I could ask him on the spot. That was the only commission done at that show by Kevin outside of the small stand in line he did at IDWs booth.

It's because of being behind by the 13 commissions that I did not take any requests for Canada, NYCC or the past weeks Amazing Oklahoma City Comic Con as we have been able to whittle down numbers during it. Usually his work load is pretty enormous and why I try to slide a book in on him a week as I figure one at a time is at least something.

As for grading for these, one hang up was something I didn't see, licensing. Everything should be taken care of and should finally start seeing these completed though.

Other stuff and Cleaning out laundry here:

Jamie Biggs, Adam himself warned me about this one but following commission requests and then receiving them back before my requested cut off I ran an op with Jamie. Currently waiting on a single book to be completed and have been trying to contact Jaime about closing this thing which has been an enormous headache. (Self Inflicted)

Alfred Trujilo, his books are either at CGC or at my home... Yes they could be at my home but I honestly have not had a chance to open boxes I have received due to my travel schedule. Usually I'm home for Wednesday long enough to wash my clothes, kiss the kids, and pat the wife on the head. This I need to check on when I get home hopefully Friday which I have a weekend off finally and will be back.

Kokkinakis, currently awaiting a single book as well, been in contact with him about it though so should be near the end of the tunnel with him.

Harley Quinn Amazing books, these are spread between three places, CGC, my home, and just getting to CGC. The ones just getting to CGC were just signed by Palmiotti and Conner a few weeks ago due to Amanda not attending NYCC.

I will get on messaging every single person back as soon as I can but I really am bogged down. The biggest reason I am replying to this isn't to keep myself out of the PL but because I've received several texts, calls, and an email this morning alone and I know I need to respond to everyone on a PM by the end of this week. I WILL find a way to get back on here more to respond.

Lastly I truly do apologize for the delay in everything. It's not my intention to keep books away from you all whether to keep or flip and I am not against me being on the PL but would even wish to nominate myself until I can get things cleared up with each of these issues as well as a few extra ones I have going on as well.

I'm bumping this exchange as others are getting restless and looking for a current update on their books.

***While it looks like kaholo1256 is on the road to making this right, by his own admission he agrees with the nomination and should be put on the list. I'm glad we're heading toward a resolution, but the name should be added to the list for accountability's sake.

:wishluck:

:eyeroll:

While it looks like kaholo1256 is on the road to making this right, by his own admission he agrees with the nomination and should be put on the list. I'm glad we're heading toward a resolution, but the name should be added to the list for accountability's sake.

kaholo1256 (Akoni)

for the probation list.

Akoni ran a sketch opportunity with Kevin Eastman via the Signature room here on the boards. It can be found here.

Akoni collected money and requests and based on pictures posted, many of the books got done.

The original plan was to have these done during the weekend of SDCC and presumably, they'd be submitted there as well. As is not uncommon for people who run sketch opps, there was a delay and the books were not all completed.

The next plan was that Akoni would drop them off for on-site grading during the Baltimore Comic Con. I contacted him to see if I could pick mine up in person since I would be at the show. He told me that he had to do another show at the last minute and that he'd submit the books at NYCC.

It's been a few weeks since NYCC and no one seems to know the status of the books at this point. Many have asked for an update in the thread with no response. PM's so far have gone unanswered. Those who have talked to him outside the boards say that he's very busy.

I'm not at a point yet where I'm looking for a refund, but the lack of communication is unnerving. At the moment, all I'm looking for is an update.

As per the rules, 3 days ago I sent a separate PM to Akoni informing him that I'd be making this post in 3 days time. As of this morning, the PM is unread and no new books are showing on my CGC account.

I really hate typing this post, but these opps need to have a certain level of transparency and accountability in order for the program to stay strong.

I hope someone can reach out to him and get him to address the issue so we can put this in the past.

In response to Adam's request of PL for me I completely AGREE I should be placed on the list. I have been so wrapped up in everything going on that I haven't had a chance to get on here in almost 11 weeks to respond to questions. Reasons I should be on here stretch more than the Eastman opp and until I can set the status back to clear I will not take another commission request nor sell on the boards. No need for voting, or large discussions of why or why not I whole heartedly believe until I can get everything done that j do belong on here.

The Eastman opp:

Yes SDCC was a huge sketch opportunity and almost everything has been completed and turned into CGC. If you check with Doug (dscott) he is just now receiving the last of his order from San Diego and I'm really trying to get this one completed. I have three large scale commissions to include Adam's request and I'll finally be done with SDCC.

The Hawaii Eastman opp:

I am waiting on 10 commissions left for it to be completed. These are 10 full body commissions and not part of the opp conducted on here. The ones completed were some different commission requests such as Nightwing Turtle, Harley Quinn Turtle, Batman, and several others which were completed as can be verified by Adonis (Not sure what he is called now) and Yaw (yagyare) who were in the hotel room while he was drawing these for everyone.

Someone asked why I took commissions at NYCC, I did not. Darrel F happened to accompany me to Kevin's hotel to pick up some commissions as well as books signed and asked me if I could ask him on the spot. That was the only commission done at that show by Kevin outside of the small stand in line he did at IDWs booth.

It's because of being behind by the 13 commissions that I did not take any requests for Canada, NYCC or the past weeks Amazing Oklahoma City Comic Con as we have been able to whittle down numbers during it. Usually his work load is pretty enormous and why I try to slide a book in on him a week as I figure one at a time is at least something.

As for grading for these, one hang up was something I didn't see, licensing. Everything should be taken care of and should finally start seeing these completed though.

Jamie Biggs, Adam himself warned me about this one but following commission requests and then receiving them back before my requested cut off I ran an op with Jamie. Currently waiting on a single book to be completed and have been trying to contact Jaime about closing this thing which has been an enormous headache. (Self Inflicted)

Alfred Trujilo, his books are either at CGC or at my home... Yes they could be at my home but I honestly have not had a chance to open boxes I have received due to my travel schedule. Usually I'm home for Wednesday long enough to wash my clothes, kiss the kids, and pat the wife on the head. This I need to check on when I get home hopefully Friday which I have a weekend off finally and will be back.

Kokkinakis, currently awaiting a single book as well, been in contact with him about it though so should be near the end of the tunnel with him.

Harley Quinn Amazing books, these are spread between three places, CGC, my home, and just getting to CGC. The ones just getting to CGC were just signed by Palmiotti and Conner a few weeks ago due to Amanda not attending NYCC.

I will get on messaging every single person back as soon as I can but I really am bogged down. The biggest reason I am replying to this isn't to keep myself out of the PL but because I've received several texts, calls, and an email this morning alone and I know I need to respond to everyone on a PM by the end of this week. I WILL find a way to get back on here more to respond.

Lastly I truly do apologize for the delay in everything. It's not my intention to keep books away from you all whether to keep or flip and I am not against me being on the PL but would even wish to nominate myself until I can get things cleared up with each of these issues as well as a few extra ones I have going on as well.

I'm bumping this exchange as others are getting restless and looking for a current update on their books.

Are we heading there? We just got a few posts in one thread that pretty much did not offer any resolution...just more waiting. I personally have not heard from him after many PMs (which have now been read), nor have others in his sales thread. All we have is the blanket posts in the Eastman thread. With other facilitators having to intervene and still a lack of contact, I fear this is just the beginning of a long process. If anything I am not more aggravated as he did not come on until being called out (and contacted personally by multiple people), posted a few times and that was it....back to silence with no news.

Edited by nriccijr

I didn't withdraw the nomination and as you can read the situation was never resolved. At some point however, I decided to let it go. I didn't want to put attention anymore to a case that I considered hopeless. And I also felt I had done what I could on warning the boardies around here.

best, E

Nothing seems to happen (again), so I will leave it be, as I feel I have done my best (again) getting this person on the list in order to protect other boardies. best, E

kaholo1256 (Akoni)

for the probation list.

The Eastman opp:

The Hawaii Eastman opp:

I have no idea why he was not on the list before, so I added him, if I messed something up, please let me know, I've never added anyone before.

I didn't think Moderation was allowed to monitor buy and sells hm

Under the Marketplace Usage Guidelines it states this:

"We do not monitor buys and sells. Please check out your buyer or seller before you commit to a transaction. Disputes and issues are not the responsibility of the board hosts, you are transacting at your own risk."

kaholo1256 (Akoni)

for the probation list.

The Eastman opp:

The Hawaii Eastman opp:

I have no idea why he was not on the list before, so I added him, if I messed something up, please let me know, I've never added anyone before.

I sent you a PM then saw this. Your Sigline is showing so just go back, edit it, and uncheck Sigline option.

I didn't think Moderation was allowed to monitor buy and sells hm

Under the Marketplace Usage Guidelines it states this:

"We do not monitor buys and sells. Please check out your buyer or seller before you commit to a transaction. Disputes and issues are not the responsibility of the board hosts, you are transacting at your own risk."

Moderators are not Board Hosts. Arch and CGC itself are the board hosts. The only thing that would bother me is if someone who was also a Moderator used their Mod01, Mod02 etc. username to buy, sell, make PL nominations and add people to the PL list. Otherwise it doesn't bother me a bit.

Edited by PovertyRow

best, E

Nothing seems to happen (again), so I will leave it be, as I feel I have done my best (again) getting this person on the list in order to protect other boardies. best, E

Swick did a great job of addressing these nominations when he was around. Who updates the lists now that he is not here? Is it pretty much anyone?

POV, you are kind of the senior guy on the whole list thing. Should 4Comix (not to be confused with the very delightful Comix4fun) be placed on the PL? The guy above has made several nominations without much of a response.

best, E

Swick did a great job of addressing these nominations when he was around. Who updates the lists now that he is not here? Is it pretty much anyone?

POV, you are kind of the senior guy on the whole list thing. Should 4Comix (not to be confused with the very delightful Comix4fun) be placed on the PL? The guy above has made several nominations without much of a response.

To be honest I am not really clear where Dutch stands now. PL nominations are up to the nominee to ultimately say yes or no, provided violation of the rules did occur. I feel bad for Dutch that this seems to have gotten ignored. At the same time he a couple of times has said he is letting it go. Ultimately I/we need a final word from him. And if someone has the link to the nomination could they please supply it? Searching on Dutch's name and "probation" for the past year turned up just a few unrelated posts.

My mistake above, I did not mean to say 4Comix. 4Comix was separate drama, but the actual nomination is for Seerojas.

I know that Dutch has said he is over it a few times, but that may be because he hasn't seen either a yes or no as far as the nomination. I would be tempted to say that it didnt matter since it was over a year ago, but Seerojas was in this thread just a couple of weeks ago.

Here is the link to the original nomination. I have no idea if it is a worthy nomination or not and would have to go reread all of that stuff again tomorrow to see. He originally nominated him to the HOS which obviously was a bit extreme....

Dutch nomination of Seerojas

Good grief.... Ok, as soon as he made his nomination it went into 30 pages of Adonis not shipping his stuff (unrelated topic), so here is the follow-up two months later.

Dutch part 2

I dont have the energy to read more today.