• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
8 8

4,883 posts in this topic

Not sure if this Dave Stevens Amazing Heroes Rocketeer cover was ever reprinted. I like the homage to Kaluta's Shadow hardcover book cover with the shrunken characters in the hero's hand <3 on the lower left hand corner.

KiwX4fb.jpg

Amazing Heroes #145 (July 1988) is actually the reused cover of Comico Attractions #6 (April 1987)

1115435.jpg

Which is actually a reprint of the cover used for the French edition, out in May 1985.

Couv_10441.jpg

Edited by Xaltotun

Hey guys, I'm putting a bunch of books together to send off to ComicLink, and I have a Crossfire #12 with the Marilyn Monroe cover that I was planning on sending but I wanted to check here first and see if anyone might want to either trade for it or make me an offer. It's a 9.8 and gorgeous. If anyone has an extra, I'm really looking for a DNAgents 24 9.8 and we can negotiate. :thumbsup:

Just about everything is sold or on hold now. I imagine the prices were steep. Did anyone here manage to snag anything?

Prices were incredibly reasonable. That's why everything is gone.

Posted these over in CG with some other stuff, thought they might get some love here. First night at Lexington Comic & Toy Con, I was diving through 50 cent and $1 boxes. One dealer had a few boxes of gorgeous 80's indies, lots of Pacific, First, Eclipse, Eternity, Innovation, etc. Snagged these lovely copies of Seduction of the Innocent (also the Mr. Monster, which is one you don't see every day) for $1 a piece. They're lovely copies, look completely untouched.

The only downer is that he had a butt ton of DNAGents, but none of the Dave covers. Oh well. Happy to snag these, as SotI is my all time fave.

b3q4o0.jpg

(Top row is some AH goodness.)

Posted these over in CG with some other stuff, thought they might get some love here. First night at Lexington Comic & Toy Con, I was diving through 50 cent and $1 boxes. One dealer had a few boxes of gorgeous 80's indies, lots of Pacific, First, Eclipse, Eternity, Innovation, etc. Snagged these lovely copies of Seduction of the Innocent (also the Mr. Monster, which is one you don't see every day) for $1 a piece. They're lovely copies, look completely untouched.

The only downer is that he had a butt ton of DNAGents, but none of the Dave covers. Oh well. Happy to snag these, as SotI is my all time fave.

b3q4o0.jpg

(Top row is some AH goodness.)

Nothing but love for some AH goodness as well! Nice score!