• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode VIII December 15, 2017
4 4

1,799 posts in this topic

Because we can NEVER have too many Star Wars threads.

Don't worry kids. More will be revealed in

EPISODE-VIII.jpg

Edited by Buzzetta

What we know:

Director: Rian Johnson

Daisy Ridley - Rey

Adam Drive - Kylo Ren

Mark Hamill - Luke Skywalker

Carrie Fisher - Leia

Oscar Isaac - Poe Dameron

John Boyega - Finn

Gwendoline Christie - Captain Phasma

Jimmy Vee - R2-D2

Filming for episode VIII took place with Mark Hamill and Daisy Ridley on Skellig Michael off the coast of Co. Kerry, Ireland at end of September 2015. Scenes were also shot at this location for episode VII.

Is this confirmed?

Benicio Del Toro ?

Filming picked up on Skellig Michael back in September and was confirmed when Hamill denied rumors that he had a near death experiences and did not so much as even stub a toe.

Guess this means that we are back at the Jedi training island again and that the movie picks up almost immediately after Episode VII rather than a substantial amount of time like between previous episodes.

Initial filming on the Irish island, Skellig Michael took place back in September.

The Episode VII novelization confirms that the Star Wars name for the planet seen at the end of Force Awakens is "Ahch-To" and is where the first Jedi temple is. Since they filmed the island with Mark Hamill we can officially add this as a location for Episode VIII.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Star-Wars-Finally-Gave-Us-Name-Luke-Skywalker-Planet-103807.html

What we know:

Is this confirmed?

Benicio Del Toro ?

He's been very coy for about half a year about it and while I don't think there is an official casting announcement regarding it, he has seemed very open in saying he had read the -script and he thinks it's going to happen. He may not get it, but it also just may be that they (Disney) want to keep his role under wraps (for now). Lots of smoke.

Seems whoever lands it, it will be a meaty role because apparently along with Benicio, Joaquin Phoenix reportedly had a meeting for the part too.

Someone suggested that as we get closer to Episode IX that Disney will milk it for all it is worth and just like the last Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and Infinity War, they will split it up into parts.

You could see Episode IX Part 1 and Episode IX Part 2...

possibly.

Someone suggested that as we get closer to Episode IX that Disney will milk it for all it is worth and just like the last Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and Infinity War, they will split it up into parts.

You could see Episode IX Part 1 and Episode IX Part 2...

possibly.

but there is no reason for them to split anything into parts, as there is no ending to which they must adhere. Once they finish with this batch of characters, whether it is 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, etc movies from now, they'll just come up with some new ones and the madness starts all over.

I think while we may keep the saga movies with a consistent break in between, if Rogue One opens well I can't imagine they won't plan to make more on advanced schedule. It won't be a burden because obviously we are talking about totally different directors, actors, and production.

I just don't know why they'd cede every December when they have a product that on the surface would make you think they have an auto top 10 grossing film annually. Couple that with the Saga films in the Summer (not to mention all of the Marvel/Pixar stuff - and hell, Disney animation has been on roll lately), it would seem like that would be the plan.

Disney is known for announcements,and I think I said this earlier, but I totally expect to be on a stockholder call and get some major announcement regarding scheduling in the near future, now that we know for sure that Force Awakens is a monster (not that it was much in question pre-release, but the the critical response has to be very gratifying to go along with the almost assured commercial success).

I don't know what the budget is on Rogue One but I'd guess these anthology films will be significantly less than the saga movies, and if you look at the directors they have tabbed for Han Solo and Rogue One, these are guys who have made quality films on a budget.

I also think outside influence may effect this, meaning Disney is going to do what it can to buffer the cord cutters making ESPN not as profitable as it used to be (still incredibly popular and profitable, just not as profitable as before, being the chief thing people are paying for on cable packages).

according to Imdb.com

This is the cast for Episode VIII so far

Daisy Ridley ... Rey

Adam Driver ... Kylo Ren

Carrie Fisher ... Leia

Oscar Isaac ... Poe Dameron

Mark Hamill ... Luke Skywalker

Domhnall Gleeson ... General Hux

Harrison Ford - Han Solo

John Boyega ... Finn

Gwendoline Christie -Captain Phasma

Lupita Nyong'o ... Maz Kanata

Benicio Del Toro

Andy Serkis ... Supreme Leader Snoke

Max von Sydow ... Lor San Tekka

Anthony Daniels ... C-3PO

Jimmy Vee - R2-D2

Edited by HOTFLIPS

Harrison Ford? I thought the whole point was that he didn't want to do any more Star Wars films. Not to mention ummm.... unless it's a flashback (which is lame), what would his role be exactly?

Harrison Ford? I thought the whole point was that he didn't want to do any more Star Wars films. Not to mention ummm.... unless it's a flashback (which is lame), what would his role be exactly?

Anybody can edit IMDB. Nobody takes their pre-release info seriously or as bank.