• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,321 posts in this topic

My recent HA win should fit in here... :whee:

What a beautiful copy, congrats!

It really is! Amazing to see the pink title banner looking so bold... it always looks weak and smeary on most of the copies I've seen.

Strangely enough, that and issue 5 were also the first two early Mads that I picked up. I think I may still have them in a box somewhere.

I wonder if the GGA aspect of 7 resulted in more copies being preserved? hm

No posts in this thread in over 3 months?!?!?! This thread should never fall off PAGE 1...much less make it all the way to PAGE 9 :D

So, I'll give this thread a :bump: with a link to my new "collecting diary," over in the journal section...so far, it's all about EC...why I'm an EC collector, how I set up my goal "list" of EC books to collect, etc...

The edowens71 Comic Journal

If you feel like reading it, take a peek, and let me know if I got something wrong ;)

If you feel like reading it, take a peek...

Your journal is some great reading! Lots of info!

For your checklist, here are four different back cover versions of Wonders of Wire Rope...

1. Upson-Walton Company, Cleveland, Ohio

2. The Galigher Company, Salt Lake City, Utah

3. Macwhyte Wire Ropes

4. Yellow Strand Wire Rope, Broderick & Bascom Rope Company, St. Louis, Missouri

159576.jpg.b89112185127e602e9e5f685bb5c38fe.jpg

159579.jpg.12669f2ef3fa9d336c421a339a4bd9a2.jpg

159580.jpg.90bb65cfe91bbb4c2d69739d759a8e4a.jpg

159581.jpg.bbc542d6eaaddeb656ed0a4b17aec408.jpg

159582.jpg.29b122b6181a5dd913aea69dbc1ffce8.jpg

If you feel like reading it, take a peek...

Your journal is some great reading! Lots of info!

For your checklist, here are four different back cover versions of Wonders of Wire Rope...

1. Upson-Walton Company, Cleveland, Ohio

2. The Galigher Company, Salt Lake City, Utah

3. Macwhyte Wire Ropes

4. Yellow Strand Wire Rope, Broderick & Bascom Rope Company, St. Louis, Missouri

:o

(worship)

My 2 cents: HBO's TFTC was great; I got hooked on it in college. Awesome intro, thier version of the crypt keeper was stellar. The return of anthology style storytelling to TV is always something I'm in favor of, and M. Night has turned out some decent product in the past, so I'm willing to give this a shot. The press and fan sites seem to be up in arms over the Crypt Keeper not being the HBO version, but the HBO version wasn't the EC version, nor was the one from the Amicus Movie from the 70s. I'm more concerned with story. The Variety article is the best I've read so far, and states that they are going to be using some of the source material from the comics, plus new stories written just for the series. Sounds in concept like a mashup of Spielberg' Amazing Stories and TFTC. I'm stoked--but then I'm a horror junkie!