• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,545 posts in this topic

Sorry if this has been asked:

Gator, grade for grade, do you feel that the value of Showcase 4 will surpass Hulk 1 in the coming years? How about brave and the bold 28 surpassing Fantastic Four #1 (or at least reaching the same value, grade for grade)?

Thanks!

Gator, grade for grade, do you feel that the value of Showcase 4 will surpass Hulk 1 in the coming years? How about brave and the bold 28 surpassing Fantastic Four #1 (or at least reaching the same value, grade for grade)?

Thanks!

grade for grade sc4 has already surpassed hulk 1. Happened earlier this year.

Bb28 might spike past ff1 next year. Not sure if it will hold long term

Thanks!

¿Por qué?

Thanks!

¿Por qué?

If ff were to get a proper studio behind it, might turn demand tide a bit

Thanks!

¿Por qué?

If ff were to get a proper studio behind it, might turn demand tide a bit

Gotcha, DC studios make cruddy movies (at least compared to Marvel).

I have a B&B #28 related question as well.

Do you feel a 1.5 raw copy that presents like a VG but it's defects include an almost completely split cover is worth $1.1K?

yes

Hey Gator,

been thinking about tracking down an aschan Flash1 Captain Thunder. The one that sold on Comic connect further spiked my interest and is still attainable valuewise in comparison to a Whiz 2 in nice condition. Will it have an upside in value in the future or is it better just to go after a low grade whiz 2? Thanks

Hey Gator,

been thinking about tracking down an aschan Flash1 Captain Thunder. The one that sold on Comic connect further spiked my interest and is still attainable valuewise in comparison to a Whiz 2 in nice condition. Will it have an upside in value in the future or is it better just to go after a low grade whiz 2? Thanks

Ashcans are a very niche part of our hobby. I personally would attack a whiz 2 which has much greater broad appeal

Hey Gator,

Ashcans are a very niche part of our hobby. I personally would attack a whiz 2 which has much greater broad appeal

Its so true that ashcans are niche and make questionable investments but damn they are beautiful to the true comic aficionado.

Yup...saw that....I felt that was a very good price.... but maybe Im wrong. What do you guys think?

It might be considered a good price, but there are so few sales to compare it with that it's difficult to draw any solid conclusions. If 3-5 more collectors with deep pockets decided they wanted to collect ashcans, it would change the landscape.

Yup...saw that....I felt that was a very good price.... but maybe Im wrong. What do you guys think?

It might be considered a good price, but there are so few sales to compare it with that it's difficult to draw any solid conclusions. If 3-5 more collectors with deep pockets decided they wanted to collect ashcans, it would change the landscape.

good point. Ashcan aside though, wouldnt this attract 1st appearance collectors? I wonder how a superman aschcan that predated Action 1 or Spidey ashcan that predated AF15 would play out

That's always been the problem with ashcans. Copies just don't change hands often enough to create a pattern of sales that collectors can get comfortable with. I think this book went for "market", but it wouldn't have surprised me if it sold for two or three times more.

Agreed on the volitality and fluctuation of price in something like this. Always been a fan of captain marvel and felt the "first appearance" designation given to Whiz 2 was tainted. Definiteyl hope to have a copy of this specific Ashcan in my collection one day.