• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monstress by Liu and Takeda - Image Comics

77 posts in this topic

Totally agree, loving this book. Midtown had copies signed by Marjorie Lau, very attractive by the way, for cover price. They were limit one per. Wouldn't you know though my copy came in with a huge spine ding (color breaking)

So what's would be the perceived value of the book if there was only a handful that were graded 9.8? I think last time i checked there were only 8 or 9 graded.

I graded 5 of them, all came back 9.6 - CGC wouldn't tell me why. I do see the top/bottom spine being split due to it's size, so perhaps that's it. I keep looking for 9.8 copies, but it's a tough book.

More will catch on, and obviously have with 3rd print #1 released today. Slow Burn on this one, but I managed to find 3 NM/NM+ Copies of #1, for cover. Local store was given the copies for free via some promotion, and decided not to mark them up even after I told them they should.

Read all 3 issues so far, quite an interesting book! I describe this as a Final Fantasy feel in print. Deep, Mythic stories that are both historic and futuristic in feel.

Apparently others are reading the book too because sales are starting to jump now.

My shop had a whole stack so the print run I don't think is very low, but the large size book will make higher grade tough.

MLC cut the back of the my issue 2 I bought. Actually sliced off a good 2 inches of the back cover when they put the book back in. I made a mental note when I got that home. :(

Edited by Fastballspecial