• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moon Knight Rules!!!!
1 1

599 posts in this topic

Just a rumor but I have been seeing some artwork being produced along with talks about there being a Netflix series for Moon Knight. With all the shows Netflix has been doing I see it being possible.

Just a rumor but I have been seeing some artwork being produced along with talks about there being a Netflix series for Moon Knight. With all the shows Netflix has been doing I see it being possible.

Rumors for years, but back in the spring Netflix/Faige stated there was no plan for an MK anything... That may have changed since then, but I doubt it.

Rumors for years, but back in the spring Netflix/Faige stated there was no plan for an MK anything... That may have changed since then, but I doubt it.

Really I am seeing back in the spring that yes there may be a Moon Knight especially since they are doing The Defenders and Moon Knight was part of The defenders. From what I have been reading it will be a few years and they saying after 2017 release of The Defenders. Also new artwork for screen splashes and such have been appearing as of late if you search the web.

Also if you look at the line up they are talking about and who they have already done it makes sense that Moon Knight will be part of it. Already have Daredevil and then if they do Punisher those are main team ups along with The Defenders for Moon Knight.

Also we have to play into the location that all these Netflix shows are taking place which is Hell's Kitchen located in New York City in which New York City is the stomping grounds of Moon Knight for many of his adventures.

When I look at it, it just makes sense that they will with the environment they are already setting up.

Also we have to look at the darkness of Daredevil and Jessica Jones and that the same type of darkness that Moon knight would fit into.

Finally if they are doing characters like Jesscia Jones and if it does well then I see it happening. I never heard of Jessica Jones until this series.

So add all that up and I see it happening!!!!

Really I am seeing back in the spring that yes there may be a Moon Knight especially since they are doing The Defenders and Moon Knight was part of The defenders. From what I have been reading it will be a few years and they saying after 2017 release of The Defenders. Also new artwork for screen splashes and such have been appearing as of late if you search the web.

Also if you look at the line up they are talking about and who they have already done it makes sense that Moon Knight will be part of it. Already have Daredevil and then if they do Punisher those are main team ups along with The Defenders for Moon Knight.

Also we have to play into the location that all these Netflix shows are taking place which is Hell's Kitchen located in New York City in which New York City is the stomping grounds of Moon Knight for many of his adventures.

When I look at it, it just makes sense that they will with the environment they are already setting up.

Also we have to look at the darkness of Daredevil and Jessica Jones and that the same type of darkness that Moon knight would fit into.

Finally if they are doing characters like Jesscia Jones and if it does well then I see it happening. I never heard of Jessica Jones until this series.

It's gonna happen Whisp,don't let these guys bring you down.

Finally if they are doing characters like Jessica Jones and if it does well then I see it happening. I never heard of Jessica Jones until this series.

It's gonna happen Whisp,don't let these guys bring you down.

:wishluck:

Who knows but my comments are just my opinion of what I am seeing. There was that fan fiction made so feel the support is there. I am actually really enjoying the Netflix series they have been bringing us. Daredevil in my opinion was done well and I have been catching up on Jessica Jones and enjoying it. David Tenant is in it and was my favourite Dr Who of the newer stuff they did and they have Luke Cage in it which is pretty cool which is an other character that teams up with Moon Knight. With these type of heroes being cast its just a matter of time in my mind for Moon Knight to make his appearance.

If Netflix/Marvel reads this just do it :P

Ha.. Well I'm certainly not trying to bring you down, I'd love to see one.

Just all the articles and "rumors" over the last year plus (like the ones linked below) all say "we think" or "it makes sense" etc. And they all reference the same initial "guess article" from just about a year ago.

http://screencrush.com/marvel-moon-knight-netflix-series/

http://screenrant.com/marvel-moon-knight-netflix-series/

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/15/netflix-could-be-developing-a-moon-knight-series

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3590818

etc., etc.

There are literally hundreds of articles like this. Not one of them has any actual info and all admit to just conjecture and *ALL* link back to an older article from about a year ago saying basically "hey! I think there should be an MK series!" like these. (note the dates. There are literally no articles with any info about MK pre 1/1/2015. After these teaser articles, there are hundreds; all bad sources.)

http://collider.com/moon-knight-netflix-series-sleepwalker/

http://screenrant.com/best-marvel-characters-tv-shows/

The only actual tangible info is Feige stating unequivocally that there is currently no plan. Here is Kevin Feige's quote

Moon Knight is one character for which a potential adaptation has been discussed at length:

"Moonknight's a challenging, but extremely interesting character. We've been discussing various versions of it for years. Unfortunately there isn't currently anything in the works."

I guess the bottom line is that we can hope, but I'd temper that enthusiasm at least for the near term.

Edited by sl4ppy

That's funny because even in your own links its shows the date October 14th/15th of 2015. I have even seen article from April and September in which one shows the Netflix banner for the show even though a spelling mistake on it and just concept art along with other concept art that shows Daredevil, Punisher and Moon knight together on it. From my understanding Punisher is a go and they where talking about after Defenders that Moon Knight would be coming. No idea where you get this 1/1/2015 date from!!!

/shrug

That's funny because even in your own links its shows the date October 14th/15th of 2015. I have even seen article from April and September in which one shows the Netflix banner for the show even though a spelling mistake on it and just concept art along with other concept art that shows Daredevil, Punisher and Moon knight together on it. From my understanding Punisher is a go and they where talking about after Defenders that Moon Knight would be coming. No idea where you get this 1/1/2015 date from!!!

/shrug

I guess you missed the point that the recent articles (oct of 2015) all reference the same 2 or 3 "wouldn't it be cool if" articles from 2014 OR a highly suspect source in September. They have zero new or actual evidence. The only actual info is the quote from Feige (the guy who runs all of the MCU) who says in no uncertain terms, "nope..."

In September, peeltheorange.net, a fairly unknown and "not in the loop" site claimed to have received exclusive access to the Phase 2 plans of the MCU. (that never happens to not-big-name sites)

http://peeltheorange.net/2015/09/15/marvel-planning-netflix-shows-for-moon-knight-punisher-deathlok-and-spider-woman/

Those plans do list MK. But nobody on any other site can or has validated the claims from their "unnamed anonymous source close to the situation". Most conjecture is that they manufactured it to generate page views.. which it did. The list is not only a bit outlandish, Marvel has never planned their Netflix stuff that far in advance before, so it's unlikely they are starting to now. (Spider-Woman? lol. Madam Hydra is owned by Fox... Deathlok has already been used in the SHIELD series so a spin-off seems highly unlikely.. Jigsaw as the Punisher villain also seems unlikely given that was the villain in the terrible Punisher movie a while back.)

So a very likely faked list is the source of *ALL* the recent (oct/nov) MK rumors and the stuff prior to Sept were all "they should!" pieces.

As for the banner you referenced, they are fan-made and there are several dozen MK/Netflix specific ones.

https://www.google.com/search?q=moon+knight+netflix+banner&safe=active&pws=0&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwikzcCLpLvJAhXMbT4KHXA1BrsQ_AUIBygB&biw=1526&bih=954

But I suspect you are specifically talking about ones like these:

http://themarvelmcu.blogspot.com/2015/04/10-shows-marvel-should-make-on-netflix.html

Note the title.. "SHOULD make"

Again... I *HOPE* all of this is wrong.. but it's hard to see past the logic and rationality that it's pure hype.. probably manufactured by 9.8 WBN #32 owners resulting in the absurd bubble that book is seeing.. lol

Edited by sl4ppy

Nope those are not the Netflix screens. Searched but can't find it. Its a logo screen which I found in my search. If I can find it I will post it. Everything you have posted thus far that are fan made are actually covers or pics from the comic series which I know for fact because I own majority of them. It could be fan made but starting to think I found it when diving around on the Netflix site in their archives.

I find it odd that you as a top cgc collector for moon knight books cant see the logic and validity in this. I have been pulling from appearance stories as the tie in to these characters they are doing like Luke Cage and daredevil. This is how I tie it all together and see the trend that you seem to be missing when it comes to the team ups, the style of the shows and the location these shows are happening in. Its a perfect fit as far as I am concerned.

Theres a few good podcasts out there to watch that discuss this same thing we are talking about.

As for wwbn 32 owners behind this I highly doubt that and more far fetched then there not going to be a Moon Knight series. The demand is there. If there was no demand they wouldn't even waste their time with even speculation. The price of the book is fine and where it should be for a bronze age book and only demand would have put it where it is in the first place. I think a lot of people think its because of speculation but I know for fact as a fan I bought it for me and my collection along with many others that I now that like Moon Knight.

For a fan you are very negative about all this and really if you bring fourth positivity for it and that grows to others then it would give us a better chance of getting a show. Sitting there and being a negative nelly wont get us nothing lol.

In closing since I am pretty done with this conversation I think you should focus not on his main series for the story line but in the appearances in other books and those tie ins. Why these writers have been stating they have a hard time writing and choosing a story line is beyond me with all the vast amounts of back story that would tie in along with his main series. Just in what I have read just focusing on appearances which is 172+ books in which that is about in line with all his main running titles you have so much to go off. I will also note that a good majority of his appearances involve, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Punisher(punisher for sure), Defenders involvement in which all these articles and such all have in common. Also note all of these character pretty much fall in line with there hero style. Perfect Fit!!!!!

GO GO MOON KNIGHT NETFLIX TV SHOW!

Wish I didn't lose my ftp. I had so much pics posted from the beginning of this thread lost in which a lot of it was all my updates and such as the series grew along with hidden gems of his appearances which show a lot of great stuff. One day when I am not lazy I will do the appearances again which in fact is probably around 200+ now since I filled some holes and never updated my have list and just edited my want list.

the WWBN #32 thing was a joke.

Being a fan or not has nothing to do with it; there is just no, zero, nada evidence that an MK show does or will exist. I even laid out all the existing evidence (and I do track this news and articles better then almost anyone, particularly MK) as to why you (or anyone else) might be fooled into thinking there is, but you're right.. It's your call to choose to ignore the logical and obvious chain of events. Every other show and movie that IS being produced, even years in advance has copious amounts of verifiable and traceable information about it's existence. This one has none.

As I've said before.. I'm not being negative; I'd LOVE for there to be an MK show; probably more than anyone. Unfortunately facts don't lie.. just like no matter how much I want to believe there really is a Santa Claus, facts say otherwise.

If info came out tomorrow that was more credible, I would absolutely change my thinking about this in a heartbeat... but that just hasn't happened yet.

ps: try http://imgur.com/ for your pics.

Edited by sl4ppy

the WWBN #32 thing was a joke.

Being a fan or not has nothing to do with it; there is just no, zero, nada evidence that an MK show does or will exist. I even laid out all the existing evidence (and I do track this news and articles better then almost anyone, particularly MK) as to why you (or anyone else) might be fooled into thinking there is, but you're right.. It's your call to choose to ignore the logical and obvious chain of events.

As I've said before.. I'm not being negative; I'd LOVE for there to be an MK show; probably more than anyone. Unfortunately facts don't like.. just like no matter how much I want to believe there really is a Santa Claus, facts say otherwise.

Who cares whether there's a show or not! Can't it just be a great 1st appearance of a great character?

What's the joke with WWBN 32?

FWIW, Feige has little to no control over the MCU on the TV side. That's all Jeph Loeb & Ike. When both Feige & Loeb were under Ike's control, Feige was working more in conjunction with Loeb (kinda like semi-equals, even though Feige's dominion was obviously much bigger, they were both the bosses of their own divisions) and worked moderately closely with Loeb & the TV side.

Since the split though, we have little knowledge of the amount of actual collaboration occurs between the TV and movie divisions. They're essentially a split studio now, since Loeb still works under Ike but Feige doesn't. At this point, I don't know if Feige or Loeb are the ones to necessarily ask about the plans for the future, but Disney themselves, since that's essentially where the 2 divisions meet now (instead of them having mutual bosses in Ike like before)

Who cares whether there's a show or not! Can't it just be a great 1st appearance of a great character?

What's the joke with WWBN 32?

My final sentence in this post:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9018473Post9018473

Again... I *HOPE* all of this is wrong.. but it's hard to see past the logic and rationality that it's pure hype.. probably manufactured by 9.8 WBN #32 owners resulting in the absurd bubble that book is seeing.. lol

I would have thought the laughing emoji made that EXTRA obvious.