• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wonder Woman official movie thread (6/23/17)
6 6

1,526 posts in this topic

Are you saying Gadot doesn't emulate this look fairly well?:

3811_large1.jpgWonder_Woman_(DC_Animated_Universe).jpgf04f6da65392cefa79e0753e811b123d.jpg

Different costume in movie. :gossip:

Was more curious if Gadot's physique related more to these images, we all know the costume is a bit different.

Sorry, but Lynda Carter "related" best to the costume. :luhv:

I think they're striving for a more idealized female heroine then a realistic interpretation of an Amazonian since the former will appeal to a wider audience. It's their money I guess they have a right to do what they thing will play best to the most viewers. We just got to hope it all works out and we end up surprisingly pleased with her early appearances in BvS and desperate for more.

I really hope so for the sake of the character franchise.

Gal Gadot's look is terrific. I'm thrilled she isn't manly. The idea that a woman must emulate a man in order to project power & authority is a bad one.

I like this so much I'm reposting my own post.

Gal Gadot's look is terrific. I'm thrilled she isn't manly. The idea that a woman must emulate a man in order to project power & authority is a bad one.

I like this too, so I'm reposting the repost of your own post.

They're going to need to CGI about 40 lbs on Gadot for her to look like Wonder Woman.

Supergirl isn't all pumped up either, but she's lifting buildings and catching falling airliners.

I think with WW all armored up and the premise that she doesn't need huge muscles...that it's going to work out well on screen regardless.

I don't think any Superheros need large muscles for their powers to make sense, but Wonder Woman has always been an Amazon based on Greek mythology. She's generally been portrayed as 'strong' looking.

Are you saying Gadot doesn't emulate this look fairly well?:

I'm just saying that to me she doesn't look like an Amazon. They're going to use costume and CGI to fill her in.

I agree I wanted a women that would fill the physique a little better.

Its not that she wont look the part I just didn't think they could put the muscle on here to make her look the part more. Watch Fast and Furious the girl doesn't weigh anything.

I thought they had several actresses that could have filled the role better, but what she has going for here is she is close to the Greekish heritage and she is very young so DC can sign her for a long time. She can also act so they don't have to worry about that either.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Amazonian sized Greek women don't necessarily look manly.

Amazonian sized Greek women don't necessarily look manly.

:foryou:

Nicole Kidman's Wonder Woman Role Is Still Open

"As you know Kidman's dates didn't work out so they are trying to figure out whether to just give Robin Wright that role or find another star," Variety's Justin Kroll tweeted. "Don't know what role Wright currently has but it isn't Hippolyta like others believed, it's actually another role. In fact Wright's deal for her unknown role had closed before Kidman even had an offer, so we'll just have to see what ends up happening."

Chris Pine Talks About Supporting Gal Gadot In 'Wonder Woman'

“Pine’s already started shooting the Wonder Woman movie with Gal Gadot and director Patty Jenkins, “It’ll be a :censored: blast,” he says of the suiting up as a WWI fighter Steve Trevor.

“Patty’s got a tremendous sense of story, I couldn’t be happier to be supporting Gal in what’s going to be the first female-driven superhero film. I think in the world today we’ve had plenty enough of male-driven everything and it’s finally time to see how wonderful the world can be with beautiful, strong intelligent women kicking some major :censored: .””

:whee:

“Patty’s got a tremendous sense of story, I couldn’t be happier to be supporting Gal in what’s going to be the first female-driven superhero film. I think in the world today we’ve had plenty enough of male-driven everything and it’s finally time to see how wonderful the world can be with beautiful, strong intelligent women kicking some major :censored: .””

Wow. I guess Chris Pine's kind of hyperbole still makes good pc press, but c'mon Chris, it's almost 2016.

Without even breaking a mental-sweat there's been Ripley, Electra, Lucy, the Underworld franchise, the Resident Evil franchise, plus small independent films like Hanna. Toss in the new Mad Max while I'm at it.

If you love movies featuring strong kick azz female leads (like I do) there's hardly a shortage. Good, bad and drek. His "it’s finally time" is a myth at best and a divisive culture-play at worst. If anything "it’s finally time" to give it a rest. If you're still unaware women have been bringing the action and heroics, wake up and look around some.

End: rantrant:) Had to be said.

Wow. I guess Chris Pine's kind of hyperbole still makes good pc press, but c'mon Chris, it's almost 2016.

Without even breaking a mental-sweat there's been Ripley, Electra, Lucy, the Underworld franchise, the Resident Evil franchise, plus small independent films like Hanna. Toss in the new Mad Max while I'm at it.

If you love movies featuring strong kick azz female leads (like I do) there's hardly a shortage. Good, bad and drek. His "it’s finally time" is a myth at best and a divisive culture-play at worst. If anything "it’s finally time" to give it a rest. If you're still unaware women have been bringing the action and heroics, wake up and look around some.

End: rantrant:) Had to be said.

I think two words were missed. And if Pine was wise, he would have added 'successful' in the hopes this all turns out super. Especially with what happened with Supergirl (1984) and Elektra (2005).

I think two words were missed. And if Pine was wise, he would have added 'successful' in the hopes this all turns out super. Especially with what happened with Supergirl (1984) and Elektra (2005).

:foryou: I've calmed down.

Pine's statement just struck me as very condescending to women.

"...how wonderful the world can be with beautiful, strong intelligent women...blah, blah, blah. A verbal cheek-pinch and head-pat.