• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oakland Pedigree List?
1 1

159 posts in this topic

Anyone know who owns the Debbi's Dates #4? I believe it is a slabbed 9.4.

This is an area in which the Oakland collection excels: the more obscure titles in exceptional grades.

The next highest graded copy is a 9.0:

Groovy3.jpg

Looks like it. I'd like to get the Debbi's Dates 5 as well if it's that nice.

unfortunately, i was only buy DC krap when Vincent brought this collection to Wonder-Con:

776909-009.jpg

Wow. Killer book.

Yeah great copy Mike! Lmk when you are ready to sell me that one… ;-)

Edited by MintyMint

Is it safe to assume that most "slabbed" Oakland's were pressed to achieve 9.6 and 9.8 status or is it more reasonable to assume unpressed. To those of you that submitted the raw books yourselves, did you hedge your bets by having them pressed?

I'm going through a large OO collection with unread multiple copies and even in review out of thousands of comics, a true 9.6/9.8 unpressed book is not a given due to minor non color breaking handling/storage/production issues. Many will easily achieve high grades with a press but the ratio is not 1:1 for high grade. More likely 1:10.

Is it safe to assume that most "slabbed" Oakland's were pressed to achieve 9.6 and 9.8 status or is it more reasonable to assume unpressed. To those of you that submitted the raw books yourselves, did you hedge your bets by having them pressed?

I'm going through a large OO collection with unread multiple copies and even in review out of thousands of comics, a true 9.6/9.8 unpressed book is not a given due to minor non color breaking handling/storage/production issues. Many will easily achieve high grades with a press but the ratio is not 1:1 for high grade. More likely 1:10.

I bought my Oakland's slabbed but I don't think they were pressed first.

Barton: can you comment on the Thor's I got from you?

Edited by MintyMint

subbed 20 Oakland books, none pressed. 1 9.2, 10 9.4's, 8 9.6's and 1 9.8

Fun to hear about these types of results. Comparing to current cgc grading do you think they'd hold the grade without a press?

Fun to hear about these types of results. Comparing to current cgc grading do you think they'd hold the grade without a press?

From what I have been reading on these boards here, it sounds quite conceivable that the grades will not only hold, but possibly be even higher based upon CGC's recent grading pattern.

Always a gamble though, as you never really know what part of the grading cycle CGC will be in when your books are on deck. (shrug)