• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice league Dark "Dark Universe" UPDATE

183 posts in this topic

So what is the first appearance of arcane (for those of you that care, like myself) I followed saga of swamp but never read the originals. Is it issue 1 or 2? I see mix results and would love screen shots of his first appearance.

Thanks!

WB Animation's Next Feature Is JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK

According to the BBFC, the home video release of Batman: The Killing Joke will contain a sneak peek of the next DTV release, Justice League Dark. What this means for Guillermo del Toro's long gestating live-action adaptation is anyone's guess. is del Toro involved with the project? Perhaps WB wants to test the waters by gauging interest through a less risky market?

Batman: The Killing Joke's World Premiere has been confirmed for Friday, July 22, at SDCC.

tumblr_o8eswgIK3Y1rov369o1_1280.jpg

I agree!

If they couldn't line up the live version the way it needed to be, better it is the animated version where they can easily go beyond the limits of a live movie. I just want to hear Swamp Thing's gravely voice again like the old USA Network TV series. For its time, the series was a lot of fun.

The sound was like something coming out of an empty log somewhere out in the swamp.

:ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez:

SDCC '16: WB Animation Announces JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK, BATMAN AND HARLEY QUINN, And THE JUDAS CONTRACT

batman-harley-quinn-191813.jpg

With all the buzz surrounding the animated feature, Warner Bros. Animation took the opportunity to officially announce the next three films set to be released after The Killing Joke.

It was revealed back in June that a Justice League Dark animated film was in development. Now, Warner Bros. Animation has officially announced that Justice League Dark will be the next film to be released while confirming John Constantine and Swamp Thing as part of the film's roster of heroes.

After JL: Dark, the next animated feature will be an adaptation of Marv Wolfman and George Pérez's Teen Titans: The Judas Contract. This wouldn't be the first attempt at making the animated film. Back in 2006, Wolfman and Pérez were working on developing the film, but was later cancelled. Well, it's back on, and this time it's official. The film will most likely be a continuation of the recently released Justice League vs. Teen Titans, where the young Titan Terra made her debut in a mid-credits scene.

To top things off, Warner Bros. announced the release of Batman and Harley Quinn by Bruce Timm. The film will be a new and original story by Timm, however, the only other detail that Warner Bros. would reveal is that the film is set to be released next summer.

:whee::whee::whee:

Matt Ryan will be the voice actor for Constantine.

:whee:

Sneak Peek At JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK

Following the premiere of Batman: The Killing Joke's release at SDCC, limited-screening from Fathom Events and release on VOD platforms, the animated features special features have leaked online and includes a sneak peek at the next WB Animation feature, Justice League Dark. It would appear the Justice League Dark's roster includes Zatanna, Etrigan the Demon, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Black Orchid, Boston Brand and...Batman(?).

It also appears that the regular Justice League will appear as well so maybe Batman just functions as a liaison? Appearances from Superman and Green Lantern (John Stewart) were also revealed in the advanced look.

- Matt Ryan voices Constantine

- Jason O'Mara continues his work as the voice of Batman

- Tomb Raider voice actress Camilla Luddington voices Zatanna

- Nicholas Turturro is Boston Brand

and Ray Chase voices Etrigan

No word yet on who's provide the voice for Swamp Thing.

One more step to getting back to a live show. At least, that's what I will keep telling myself.

:wishluck:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/379327-swamp-thing-lives-see-an-animation-test-for-live-action-justice-league-dark-movie

I'm not sure why everyone keeps reporting Dark Universe as being "dead". Nobody has any confirmation from Warner Bros. and in spite of the fact that JLD is now getting the animated treatment, there's been nothing to suggest it's NOT going to be developed into a live action format. Sure del Toro isn't attached to the project in the same way anymore, but that was a fairly early development and well understood. There were alot of reports that came out after that announcement that suggested development continued, even to the extent that certain actors were being considered for roles in the upcoming film.

To date we haven't seen a suggested release or filming schedule, but my personal opinion is that WB/DC is trying to familiarize audiences with the JLD before jumping into a full length feature live action film.

If WB/DC doesn't opt to do this, they have no 'answer' to the phase 3 marvel inclusion of magic/mysticism, which IMHO would be a huge fail.

I think if anything is true, it's that if DC/WB is investing any time at all into the development of JLD as an animated feature they have additional plans to spotlight one or more of these characters in some other media.

They've already touched on it in some small way on television with Constantine. They previously had a big screen incarnation of Constantine. They continue to insinuate that Constantine may be back on television, and they even bring back M. Ryan into the fold to do the voiceover for Constantine in animated form.

It's pretty clear that Constantine isn't going away anytime soon.

Matt Ryan will be the voice actor for Constantine.

Sneak Peek At JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK

Following the premiere of Batman: The Killing Joke's release at SDCC, limited-screening from Fathom Events and release on VOD platforms, the animated features special features have leaked online and includes a sneak peek at the next WB Animation feature, Justice League Dark. It would appear the Justice League Dark's roster includes Zatanna, Etrigan the Demon, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Black Orchid, Boston Brand and...Batman(?).

It also appears that the regular Justice League will appear as well so maybe Batman just functions as a liaison? Appearances from Superman and Green Lantern (John Stewart) were also revealed in the advanced look.

- Matt Ryan voices Constantine

- Jason O'Mara continues his work as the voice of Batman

- Tomb Raider voice actress Camilla Luddington voices Zatanna

- Nicholas Turturro is Boston Brand

and Ray Chase voices Etrigan

No word yet on who's provide the voice for Swamp Thing.

One more step to getting back to a live show. At least, that's what I will keep telling myself.

:wishluck:

No Phantom Stranger :(

I'm not sure why everyone keeps reporting Dark Universe as being "dead". Nobody has any confirmation from Warner Bros. and in spite of the fact that JLD is now getting the animated treatment, there's been nothing to suggest it's NOT going to be developed into a live action format.

I had read that the other day where someone asked a WB executive and was told it's not dead - it's just on hold.

And I think someone was going for a 'Deadpool Promotion Campaign' by posting the Swamp Thing concept animation used for the live JLD pitch. So something could come of this soon.

McGregor and Farrel are 2 of my favorite actors, I think either one would play Constantine very well.Although McGregor physucally looks more the part with the blond hair but if you look at the range Farrel has, he could pull Constantine off perfectly.

Hell, you can compare the two actors side by side in Cassandra's Dream....then watch Farrell playing other morally conflicted characters in True Detective, Intermission and In Bruges.

5 outta 5 effing stars, across the board on all of his roles in those productions, no doubt.

...oh, and my first name is also Colin.Farrel's name is pronounced CORRECTLY, as mine is.Which I appreciate.

Unlike Colin Powell with that ,"I pronounce my name like it is located inches away from my nut sack."

Seeing how far down the development line that animation is.....I can only suspect that it was planned a long while back, with storyboards, etc. Definitely it was something in the can back in 2015 when many of the JLD casting rumors came out, like Ron Perlman as Swamp Thing and Colin Farrell as Constantine.

It's more likely that this animated feature was planned a long time ago, like circa 2014.

If that's the case, then the development of this animated feature in no way means it is replacing a live action movie.