• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,806 posts in this topic

While we are waiting for the flying one - one last pic from the haul

Saved the best for last........

3C0D9EF6-C628-41A7-8595-FF548339EF72.jpg

back from CGC (coupon submission)----

ASM 5: 6.5

ASM 4: 6.5

ASM 3 7.5

ASM 2

:censored:

6.0 TRIMMED....

Ok - not too terribly bad given the lot as a whole - but it had marvel chipping down the side so I did not look too closely at the rest of the cover. In any case - I like to keep a couple books from each decent score -so this one makes the decision pretty easy.

Sill a bunch more on another submission (this was a 4 pack coupon sub) - but these were 1st to ship back.

ASM 3 7.5

ASM 2

6.0 TRIMMED....

Ok - not too terribly bad given the lot as a whole - but it had marvel chipping down the side so I did not look too closely at the rest of the cover. In any case - I like to keep a couple books from each decent score -so this one makes the decision pretty easy.

Sill a bunch more on another submission (this was a 4 pack coupon sub) - but these were 1st to ship back.

Very nice! :applause:

ASM 3 7.5

ASM 2

6.0 TRIMMED....

Even better news - the second set from the collection- just got graded - I was able to get a peek at scheduled for grading - no restoration notation (when they mark as scheduled - is usually when resto notes pop up for me). Not that I use them to check for resto - but I have missed a couple....

:banana:

This set includes more mini keys like - ASM 17, Hawkman 4, GL 7 -- and a couple of potential big hitters like Avengers 2 and FF 4....

ASM 3 7.5

ASM 2 :cry:

6.0 TRIMMED....

Sweet score!!! Bummer on the ASM 2 though - that's the one you least want coming back restored :cry:

ASM 3 7.5

ASM 2

6.0 TRIMMED....

Even better news - the second set from the collection- just got graded - I was able to get a peek at scheduled for grading - no restoration notation (when they mark as scheduled - is usually when resto notes pop up for me). Not that I use them to check for resto - but I have missed a couple....

:banana:

This set includes more mini keys like - ASM 17, Hawkman 4, GL 7 -- and a couple of potential big hitters like Avengers 2 and FF 4....

Good luck :wishluck:

Pretty hard to follow those Spideys...

Todays haul - about $65 USD give or take a dime or two:

The Disney are 1960/70 WG and Wogan's so they will cover the cost plus turn a profit.

Mad and Cracked, plus the Harveys will do OK - but the cream (or lack of) will be the UK Girls comics.

They usually sell at about $5 - $10 each, some up to $30 each, but the shipping costs make them prohibitive to sell individually - they are over A4 size.

Roughly 200 - 250 comics in total

Hopefully I'll be able to shift them in bulk lots to ease the buyers postal nightmare.

comic1_zpsekwi4e7z.jpg

Only two more flea markets left this year. Starting to "jones" already. Sunday morning just isn't the same with out the weekly "junk hunt". I do feel lucky though. I live on the west coast and barring rain, we actually have them every weekend all year long. I feel for you midwest and east coast boardies...

I was in Addamstown/Denver PA one year in early December. There was a light snow and it was cold as heck and there were still people set up in the covered but open area at the Black Angus show. I actually found a couple of things. People like that are diehards though.

I was at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA one January and it was 26 degrees at 6:00 am. Spit on the ground and it froze. That was about the coldest I can remember out here. (The show went on too). You guys might laugh but it was mighty cold for us...

About five years ago, I was doing a flea market and around closing time I struck a deal with the guy in the spot next to mine. He wanted some comics for his two boys and I wanted a couple of albums he had. Ended up swapping a long box for a milk crate of albums. I took a few of the albums out to listen to and put the crate away, still mostly filled.

Today I had a guy come to check out my albums as I have zero use for them. We agreed on a buck a pop but that I might pull a couple out for sentimental reasons. When I pull out the milk crate, he comments the albums are sitting higher than they should be.

I look and down on the bottom of the crate are a couple of Blue Whitman coin binders. The first one is Cents 1941-1962, with a few later ones in it. Many of the cents are Bright, but have black spots all over them. Next is the 1909- 1940 album, this one about half full with very average coins and no 1909 VDB.

Next is another 1941- 62 album, but this one has 14 Indian cents in it.

Then I spot the final two. 1916-1945 Mercury Dimes, and 1945-1962 Roosevelt dimes. Mostly complete, low grade dimes but almost 100 silver dimes in total and the Indian cents. The buyer could have said nothing and kept them when he bought the milk crate. Ended up selling 105 albums for a hundred dollar bill.

Was hoping he'd take more, but all in all a good two hours.

About five years ago, I was doing a flea market and around closing time I struck a deal with the guy in the spot next to mine. He wanted some comics for his two boys and I wanted a couple of albums he had. Ended up swapping a long box for a milk crate of albums. I took a few of the albums out to listen to and put the crate away, still mostly filled.

Today I had a guy come to check out my albums as I have zero use for them. We agreed on a buck a pop but that I might pull a couple out for sentimental reasons. When I pull out the milk crate, he comments the albums are sitting higher than they should be.

I look and down on the bottom of the crate are a couple of Blue Whitman coin binders. The first one is Cents 1941-1962, with a few later ones in it. Many of the cents are Bright, but have black spots all over them. Next is the 1909- 1940 album, this one about half full with very average coins and no 1909 VDB.

Then I spot the final two. 1916-1945 Mercury Dimes, and 1945-1962 Roosevelt dimes. Mostly complete, low grade dimes but almost 100 silver dimes in total and the Indian cents. The buyer could have said nothing and kept them when he bought the milk crate. Ended up selling 105 albums for a hundred dollar bill.

(thumbs u

(thumbs u

That type of good karma has a way of working its way back around

Nice story

Were there any key date coins in there? and I do like a good story.

I was in Addamstown/Denver PA one year in early December. There was a light snow and it was cold as heck and there were still people set up in the covered but open area at the Black Angus show. I actually found a couple of things. People like that are diehards though.

I was at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA one January and it was 26 degrees at 6:00 am. Spit on the ground and it froze. That was about the coldest I can remember out here. (The show went on too). You guys might laugh but it was mighty cold for us...

I grew up in Fairbanks Alaska and the coldest I saw was 68 below one year. Life pretty much stops at that temp since the air in your tires deflates and you get frost bite in a matter of minutes.

I grew up in Fairbanks Alaska and the coldest I saw was 68 below one year. Life pretty much stops at that temp since the air in your tires deflates and you get frost bite in a matter of minutes.

I've been in -55, which is insanely cold. -68 sounds like being on Mars.

I've been in -55, which is insanely cold. -68 sounds like being on Mars.

I've been ice fishing at -48C (-55F). It was fun for the first while, but made for a very long day. The fish would come out of the water, twitch and freeze solid. It was a pain scooping the ice out of the holes every minute or two.