• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone, BZ's wife. BZ is improving in little ways every day, though it's not always easy for him to recognize it. His really likes his therapists when he goes to rehab twice a week and his reading has improved a lot, especially thanks to reading books with our daughter. He checks in with this thread every day and enjoys seeing what you've posted in his absence. His recovery will be a loooong, slow, difficult journey but, hopefully, he'll be back to posting here himself one of these days. Thanks so much for your continued good wishes!

That’s great to have you here with the updates. I’ll pray for you. (thumbs u

Hi Everyone, BZ's wife. BZ is improving in little ways every day, though it's not always easy for him to recognize it. His really likes his therapists when he goes to rehab twice a week and his reading has improved a lot, especially thanks to reading books with our daughter. He checks in with this thread every day and enjoys seeing what you've posted in his absence. His recovery will be a loooong, slow, difficult journey but, hopefully, he'll be back to posting here himself one of these days. Thanks so much for your continued good wishes!

Appreciate the updates. :foryou: Elated that BZ's therapy is progressing well. :wishluck:

Please keep the updates coming, I think we all need them. And we especially look forward to hearing from Glenn when he is ready. Keep working, my friend.

Agreed. Happy to hear he is making progress, and we will be happiest when he makes his triumphant return

Hope BZ's doing well!

Inspired by the discussion of books on this thread I picked up a very nice vintage Signet paperback spinner rack. Using it to put all my favorite pbs I've read and re-read over the past 30 plus years in my family room. Not as collectibles but as reading copies and a lending library.

Originally Posted By: BB-Gun
I saw your splash and I went looking for old Superman stories in the Golden Age

boxes. I found this splash in Action 40 but then I noticed that we missed

someone's birthday last week.

Having trouble quoting, as others have noticed. I hope this message is readable.

Thanks for the early Action page. Do you have any pages with Lois smoking? She used to do that when she was a Katherine Hepburn-like character in the Golden Age, right?

Jack

I couldn't find any issues with Lois smoking . I checked sup 1 action 17, 21, 30 and etc. That is far from a complete check but there were a lot of people smoking in those early issues of Superman especially Perry White. Perhaps Lois dipped snuff or chewed.I did find another nice scan which I took from Action 80. bbMr. Mxyztplk also added the original sixties price. 2753647417_c0e90b45b0_b.jpg
Just wondered if Lois was found being a poor role model by smoking, chewing or taking a pinch of snuff. :devil:

Originally Posted By: BB-Gun
I saw your splash and I went looking for old Superman stories in the Golden Age

boxes. I found this splash in Action 40 but then I noticed that we missed

someone's birthday last week.

Having trouble quoting, as others have noticed. I hope this message is readable.

Thanks for the early Action page. Do you have any pages with Lois smoking? She used to do that when she was a Katherine Hepburn-like character in the Golden Age, right?

Jack

I couldn't find any issues with Lois smoking . I checked sup 1 action 17, 21, 30 and etc. That is far from a complete check but there were a lot of people smoking in those early issues of Superman especially Perry White. Perhaps Lois dipped snuff or chewed.I did find another nice scan which I took from Action 80. bbMr. Mxyztplk also added the original sixties price. 2753647417_c0e90b45b0_b.jpg
Just wondered if Lois was found being a poor role model by smoking, chewing or taking a pinch of snuff. :devil:
I watched the original Superman TV show last night and noticed that Clark Kent rejected a cigarette when offered saying "I don't smoke them" or something like that. In the fifties, cigarettes were smoked in every movie and treated like they were health tonics. Alcohol was treated the same way in the movies from the thirties and forties but I blame it on prohibition. Edited by BB-Gun

Hello guys.

It's taken me awhile but I have finally returned.

As a bunch of you already know, I suffered some health issues in the past few months.

Fortunately, things have been slowly improving and I feel ready to try my hand at posting again.

Best wishes to everyone for this holiday season!

Galloping%20Santa.jpg