• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jessica Jones Netflix Alias #1

494 posts in this topic

It will be interesting to see if the Alias fan base does indeed pass up the X-23 base of X-men/Women Fans.

Before the TV show it was a no brainer which one would go higher, now I am unsure due to the unpredictability of TV influence on books.

This next year should be interesting. Edit I have sold all my copies previously so I have no vested interest in either.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Found another one....Cap #117 first Falcon. Pretty much across the board all 2015's GPA highs are stronger than 2014's which was the year Winter Soldier came out.

Jim

GPA disagrees with this statement. Any other examples?

What the Halifax are you talking about????

2015 GPA high 2014 GPA High

9.6. $3200. $2313 one sale. Really?

9.4. 1355. $1332 flat

9.2. 825. $656 skewing the data by listing only the high

9.0. 567. $430 ok. You're right

8.5. 530. $450 jan 2015 high but 3 other sales in 2015 decline

8.0. 450. $355 you appear correct here as well

Jim

Is there any other hype around this character? I am not familiar with him. If you feel confident that there is enough data to suggest growth then I wish you luck. I understand I said the peak is always before release. I suppose I will reduce "always" to "the vast majority". I would personally not be very confident in purchasing this book hoping for gains with this data. You also said it has risen "pretty much across the board". This implies a majority to me which it is clearly not since a quick glance at averages shows me a decline or flat sales in the majority of grades.

So, what the Fredricton are YOU talking about? ;)

I

Found another one....Cap #117 first Falcon. Pretty much across the board all 2015's GPA highs are stronger than 2014's which was the year Winter Soldier came out.

Jim

9.4. 1355. $1332 flat

Jim

Is there any other hype around this character? I am not familiar with him. If you feel confident that there is enough data to suggest growth then I wish you luck. I understand I said the peak is always before release. I suppose I will reduce "always" to "the vast majority". I would personally not be very confident in purchasing this book hoping for gains with this data. You also said it has risen "pretty much across the board". This implies a majority to me which it is clearly not since a quick glance at averages shows me a decline or flat sales in the majority of grades.

My point was this, although I get what you were saying and generally it's correct, that Cap #117 was a movie hype book, for a movie that came out in April 2014. That set GPA highs all in the higher grades in 2015 and not in Feb-March 2014. You were looking for an example, and I tried my best to provide it.

Jim

I

Jim

9.4. 1355. $1332 flat

Jim

My point was this, although I get what you were saying and generally it's correct, that Cap #117 was a movie hype book, for a movie that came out in April 2014. That set GPA highs all in the higher grades in 2015 and not in Feb-March 2014. You were looking for an example, and I tried my best to provide it.

Jim

Good job! (thumbs u

Not even sure what that is Awe, but it looks cool.

So, sorry if this has been discussed, but is this just a reprint or?? If talked about, please lmk which page and I'll get caught up. Haven't read this series of books, liked the show enough to try and find some graphics of it though. Thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALIAS-1-9-6-9-8-MGC-Marvels-Greatest-Comics-VARIANT-1ST-JESSICA-JONES-NM-NM-/252178523313?hash=item3ab702e4b1:g:rmIAAOSwiwVWT0pz

I do love custom bound hardcovers, but it's no better deal than picking up the Alias Omnibus for $80. The omnibus is oversized (bigger than a comic) while the custom bindings have some additional content adding to the story... so either way it's a win for $80 for someone who actually wants to read the stories.

Recent reprint.

Not really recent. Marvel's reprint line now is their True Believers (has been for about a year or so)... the Marvels Greatest Comics reprint line was from about 7-10 years ago. This, NYX, and a few others got MGC reprints in the mid-to late-00's.

I guess it's relatively recent. It was released in 2010.

Edited by Doktor

Recent reprint.

Not really recent. Marvel's reprint line now is their True Believers (has been for about a year or so)... the Marvels Greatest Comics reprint line was from about 7-10 years ago. This, NYX, and a few others got MGC reprints in the mid-to late-00's.

I should have clarified. What I meant was it wasn't a month after the 1st print. It was produced roughly 9 years after the original. I'm surprised there is demand for it but congrats to the seller. I wonder if the buyer thinks this is a 1st print ?

Recent reprint.

I should have clarified. What I meant was it wasn't a month after the 1st print. It was produced roughly 9 years after the original. I'm surprised there is demand for it but congrats to the seller. I wonder if the buyer thinks this is a 1st print ?

This MCG reprints are selling regularly for 10-15$ sometimes 20. Testament that a reprint of a (now) popular comic will yield a HUGE premium, on the condition that only ONE reprint exists.

Im betting high on the True Believer New Mutants 98 reprint coming out next month for the same reason. First ever reprint of the classic for a dollar

I do love custom bound hardcovers, but it's no better deal than picking up the Alias Omnibus for $80. The omnibus is oversized (bigger than a comic) while the custom bindings have some additional content adding to the story... so either way it's a win for $80 for someone who actually wants to read the stories.

The only difference being, of course, that the custom bound books are compiling the ORIGINAL prints.

Predictions on final bid ? I'll go $369. People get excited on hot commodity auctions. I love the wars. lol

$355 close but no cigar...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALIAS-1-CGC-9-8-NM-M-1ST-JESSICA-JONES-1ST-MARVEL-MAX-TITLE-BENDIS-NETFLIX-/121820435683?hash=item1c5d1054e3:g:r2gAAOSwys5WT-BE

Higher than what I thought. Reading rumors that Hellcat and Nuke will be in Season 2 if they ever get to writing the -script. I am not sure how the Defenders will look now.

Defenders was a favorite for me as a kid. I'm certain it won't look like that book but I'm hoping that Moon Knight makes it. Hulk, Namor, Silver Surfer, Valkryie, Dr. Strange and the rest probably won't make the cut but great would it be if they did ? :cloud9: