• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,104 posts in this topic

I'm seeing Avengers #57 plummet back to Earth.

Feeling bad for anybody who bought the book a year ago.

Was that movie hype? Very unimpressed with The Vision in A2, and one of my favorite Avengers as a kid. Killer covers on 57 & 58

yes it was

Was that movie hype? Very unimpressed with The Vision in A2, and one of my favorite Avengers as a kid. Killer covers on 57 & 58

I think it's safe to say almost everything is movie/tv show related hype now.

+1. And to that end, Av57 will move back up as soon as Vision appears in the next Captain America Civil War trailer, which is probably a couple of months away. (Viz didn't appear in the trailer released last week.)

+1. And to that end, Av57 will move back up as soon as Vision appears in the next Captain America Civil War trailer, which is probably a couple of months away. (Viz didn't appear in the trailer released last week.)

I would agree. I suppose now is a good time as ever to grab a copy.

Has anyone seen any major books take downturns recently? I'm talking about JIM83, Avengers #1, etc.

I think I've also seen a decrease in demand for TTA #35.

Has anyone seen any major books take downturns recently? I'm talking about JIM83, Avengers #1, etc.

TTA 27 for sure, Strange Tales 110, even Hulk 1 seems to have slowed down and fallen a bit in mid grade.

TTA 27 for sure, Strange Tales 110, even Hulk 1 seems to have slowed down and fallen a bit in mid grade.

On SA Marvels I think a long over-due cooling down period is here with some relatively modest corrections/adjustments taking place -- but also some exceptions (early ASMs, which had cooled off, are on the rise again). On SA DC (I'm talking pre-1963) there's still some room for growth, but not much more, then it's due to plateau. One important caveat: if 2016 hero movies like Supes/Bats and Captain America hit it out of the park, we're back on the crazy train again. These next 3 months might be a good time to nail down relative bargains. My 2c

why isnt there a thread for this. Every other era on here seems to have one. Just wondering.

Isn't asking why we have no threads that show books that have or are dropping in value a better question to ask? I ask this question in general terms and not to contradict the original poster in any way. In typical fashion it appears we only care about books that are rising in price and not those that fall. Why is this? You can learn much more by looking at books that are dropping in price than those that are on the rise.

Why be concerned about either?

???