• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It would be Criminal not to show your CRIME comics!
20 20

2,426 posts in this topic

lol

Here's the splash from the first of five stories that also include:

MONSTER IN THE PARLOR!

SLAVE TO HABIT!

TRAIL OF DOOM!

DEAD MAN'S DEPT!

plus the featurette THE GARLIC TRAIL and the classic ad for "SAVE YOUR HAIR".

:fear:

lol

SLAVE TO HABIT is about a crooked professor and his discovery of "Nitro X-3".

p><p> the cover and the indicia says it

mm

I was going through some boxes and found a serious cover swipe

Fight against Crime issue 2 7/51 then compare

Police against Crime issue 5 12/54

see anything that looks similar, talk about I need a cover lets just copy this, its been three years no one will notice or care.

159130.jpg.30c72a0aac4b59b292f6e313e075c365.jpg

159131.jpg.e377f7b6d583e0040961b3c8c78e9e0e.jpg

My latest acquisition. I'd long been intrigued by this book after seeing it in the Photo-Journal back in the 90's, but as the cover isn't anything special hadn't hunted it down.

I finally bit the bullet as I was curious about the early Gene Colan artwork and how a "book-length" story played out, as there are so few in crime comics.

Colan, who did the cover, illustrates in a cartoony style that while not as detailed as his later work, I found fun. He already shows a talent for dynamic compositional flow. The plotting is full of conveniences and convoluted rational, and not exactly as mysterious as the cover promises, but at least there is a plot, which is more than one can say for the bulk of pre-code crime stories. By today's standards there's enough there to fill a mini-series.

7deadmen_zpsgjqtxqvz.jpg

My latest acquisition. I'd long been intrigued by this book after seeing it in the Photo-Journal back in the 90's, but as the cover isn't anything special hadn't hunted it down.

I finally bit the bullet as I was curious about the early Gene Colan artwork and how a "book-length" story played out, as there are so few in crime comics.

Colan, who did the cover, illustrates in a cartoony style that while not as detailed as his later work, I found fun. He already shows a talent for dynamic compositional flow. The plotting is full of conveniences and convoluted rational, and not exactly as mysterious as the cover promises, but at least there is a plot, which is more than one can say for the bulk of pre-code crime stories. By today's standards there's enough there to fill a mini-series.

7deadmen_zpsgjqtxqvz.jpg

Very nice! I think Madge deserves all the dough :cool: