• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

You can't micro analyze every sale. It's going to be the financial downfall of the hobby. There will always be some variation on price. This isn't the stock market where everyone shops at the same place.

This is what I am trying to convey...buy the book not the label....The 3.0 looks more 2.5 and the 3.5 looks more like a 4.0.

E Bay has the exposure that brings in the population I guess to impulse buy :blahblah:

This is what I am trying to convey...buy the book not the label....The 3.0 looks more 2.5 and the 3.5 looks more like a 4.0.

E Bay has the exposure that brings in the population I guess to impulse buy :blahblah:

True but you have to hope they pay for the impulse buy and complete the purchase.

True but you have to hope they pay for the impulse buy and complete the purchase.

lol

Thoughts on this hammer price? A little lighter than I was expecting...

CLink 5.5 Sold

Really? That's over 4200/point. It's officially neck and neck with AF15 as the most valuable Silver Age key. A restored 4.0 with slight amateur CT sold for 8K today. :ohnoez:

:shrug:

I was thinking $25k-$28k, so just a little short of that.

Restored books (particularly those without trimming) are aggressively on the rise!

CLink 5.5 Sold

Really? That's over 4200/point. It's officially neck and neck with AF15 as the most valuable Silver Age key. A restored 4.0 with slight amateur CT sold for 8K today. :ohnoez:

Restored books (particularly those without trimming) are aggressively on the rise!

You guys are amazing.

Do you actually think every sale will outpace the previous one? Kids. lol

CLink 5.5 Sold

You guys are amazing.

Do you actually think every sale will outpace the previous one? Kids. lol

Thank you, I am amazing aren't I!

No GPA data on a 5.5 since Aug 2013, which was ~$9,400 and I am not aware of another 5.5 sale recently before this one (maybe I missed it), so it seems like a situation where guessing at the price was the only option. I agree that every sale isn't necessarily going to top the previous and certainly not for perpetuity. However, I don't think this situation is what you are making it out to be...

There was a sale on a 6.0 in October for ~$28k, so maybe I was a little optimistic but many times these mid-grade half-point books sell for similar prices to the half grade up or down. Since there hasn't been a GPA sale on a 5.0 since Aug 2013 either, I went with the most recent example. Clearly I was a little bullish, not sure that amounts to "foolish."