• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHOW US YOUR GOLDEN AGE CANADIAN COMICS
12 12

1,827 posts in this topic

I personally do NOT think Bruno would plunk down the equivelent of almost $14K CDN for a book that would sit in his Ebay Store "museum" for years priced at $30K and never sell..................... :roflmao:

Edited by eccomic

Fwiw I don't think so either, I can't see him shelling out the big bucks when he already has a nice collection. I presume the post above was a guess, but perhaps he has some special knowledge of it?

lol, I have no inside info on the Nelvana purchaser and would not even take a guess. I was being facetious on my part regarding the Bruno comment.

They only thing I can say with some confidence is that when exceptionally high prices are reached for books at auction, there always seem to come to market additional copies from other owners looking to cash, this is what happened when Suspense #3 prices went crazy.

Given the relative scarcity of Canadian whites, not sure this will happen or not, will certainly be interesting to watch though.

Cheers

Jason

lol, I have no inside info on the Nelvana purchaser and would not even take a guess. I was being facetious on my part regarding the Bruno comment.

They only thing I can say with some confidence is that when exceptionally high prices are reached for books at auction, there always seem to come to market additional copies from other owners looking to cash, this is what happened when Suspense #3 prices went crazy.

Given the relative scarcity of Canadian whites, not sure this will happen or not, will certainly be interesting to watch though.

Cheers

Jason

I'm sure there will be other copies from time to time; it's not the rarest white though very desirable. There are a few out there. At this price I wouldn't sell mine but there's a (high) price at which Id eventually sell. So it's one white where rising prices could bring some supply. Other books are so darn rare that the rising prices might not help much

Picked this up today: Rocket Man Comics Vol. 2, # 1. Supposedly there are only a handful known to exist. It has the cover for Punch Comics # 9, but has a colored funny animal interior. Anyone know what the last sale price was for one of these?

159225.jpg.dc0152899dab59a3b58b1a8ce0aafdc5.jpg

Edited by ecgt

I could not find any public sale info either. I'm not looking to sell it, but it would be nice to gauge its value. I love the cover, but the interior is nothing to brag about.

Picked this up today: Rocket Man Comics Vol. 2, # 1. Supposedly there are only a handful known to exist. It has the cover for Punch Comics # 9, but has a colored funny animal interior. Anyone know what the last sale price was for one of these?

I had to run to my short box and make sure my copy was still there!

Seriously scarce book, congrats on the find!