• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,423 posts in this topic

Any Captain America Fans? 1940s Brazil

22452787214_e616f68c1c_c.jpgimage by foxtrot70, on Flickr

22657187598_5e1700cb47_c.jpgimage by foxtrot70, on Flickr

YOWSA!!!!!

That is how i felt holding them in my clinging hands for the first time. Any GA Cap experts know the swips used on these Non Canon covers? Sometimes these artist used exact cover and other times they seem to improvise even up to 100%. The interior are B&W. At first i kind snubbed it, now it adds a new dimension that i crave. Similar to owning the EC Hardbacks.

Weird tale behind this book Tabcom started a thread with the beginning of the end of a run.I almost fell off my chair when CrocHntr posted a book he was after.Days before i had been offered this book he posted in that thread strange stuff.All this collection has snow white paper and minor problems but i think this one could rival the MH copy seating at 7.5.

SCAN0310_zpsptjs0obo.jpg

Weird tale behind this book Tabcom started a thread with the beginning of the end of a run.I almost fell off my chair when CrocHntr posted a book he was after.Days before i had been offered this book he posted in that thread strange stuff.All this collection has snow white paper and minor problems but i think this one could rival the MH copy seating at 7.5.

SCAN0310_zpsptjs0obo.jpg

Nice. I wonder if those are Finnish troops taking on a Russian tank during the Winter War? hm

SCAN0310_zpsptjs0obo.jpg

Nice. I wonder if those are Finnish troops taking on a Russian tank during the Winter War? hm

Let me read it after eating popcorn and i'll let you know!

SCAN0310_zpsptjs0obo.jpg

drool_zpszphecv1t.png

Keep those butter fingers off such a great looking copy. Ha ha. LMK when you tire of that old rag.

That's most definitely a cover depicting the Winter War. Not sure of the story in #2, but War Comics #3 has a great story on the Battle of Suomussalmi which was the most significant victory by Finland against Soviet forces. A really great underdog story and victory against a vastly superior enemy in the Russians.

SCAN0310_zpsptjs0obo.jpg

drool_zpszphecv1t.png

Keep those butter fingers off such a great looking copy. Ha ha. LMK when you tire of that old rag.

The Vickers faced the T-26 in the Winter War. Vickers resembled the Panzer 2 and the T-26 was a post-WW I design. Neither resembled the tank on the cover. Perhaps it was a French design.