• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Showcase Collecting Thread
5 5

944 posts in this topic

Well, wallstreetrebel just dropped a bomb in his Showcase registry set. He upgraded his SC4 to a 9.2 :o

Wow. I thought his set was obscured?

Not any more I see.

Well, wallstreetrebel just dropped a bomb in his Showcase registry set. He upgraded his SC4 to a 9.2 :o

It is now the best set for both Flash and Green lantern runs :

SC4 9.2 3rd highest graded, 3 books highergraded

SC8 9.2 highest graded

SC13 8.5 3rd highest, 2 higher

SC 14 9.0 highest graded

SC 22 9.0 : 2nd grade, 1 higher

SC 23 9.2 : 2nd grade, 1 higher

SC 24 9.0 : highest graded

I think it will be difficult to beat him this year...

Bumping this thread since I spent today scanning in the missing covers for my registry set. All I have left is to get my 103 sent in and graded to have a complete set with all descriptions and pics.

Also, I plan to sell some under-copies of a few issues I have upgraded over the past year on the SA sales forum soon.

It is now the best set for both Flash and Green lantern runs :

SC4 9.2 3rd highest graded, 3 books highergraded

SC8 9.2 highest graded

SC13 8.5 3rd highest, 2 higher

SC 14 9.0 highest graded

SC 22 9.0 : 2nd grade, 1 higher

SC 23 9.2 : 2nd grade, 1 higher

SC 24 9.0 : highest graded

I think it will be difficult to beat him this year...

Not difficult. Impossible!

That's one of the annoying aspects of the registry, that completeness of a set is not given any credit, only how much a person is willing to spend on a given copy of a book. Something should be said for the effort that goes into building an almost impossible to complete set like Showcase. Kudos to you Chris! I am honored you named your 1-64 set in, well, my honor. But seriously you deserve all the credit!

That's one of the annoying aspects of the registry, that completeness of a set is not given any credit, only how much a person is willing to spend on a given copy of a book. Something should be said for the effort that goes into building an almost impossible to complete set like Showcase. Kudos to you Chris! I am honored you named your 1-64 set in, well, my honor. But seriously you deserve all the credit!

That's absolutely true.

Congratulations to Chris and the few others who completed the run.

I think about you of course Boba with your 1-64 set, that was a great one !