• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Unofficial Underground Comix thread...
14 14

2,279 posts in this topic

uglyhead.jpg

Robert Williams discusses this issue in this interview, if you haven't seen it already. I think it's interesting seeing the father of LowBrow Art discussing the work of the father of Punk Rock Art.

So awesome, had never seen that. Thanks for sharing!!

Amazing collection erehwon! The only one I have you posted in that last batch is YamaYama/Ugly Head. Wish I had picked up some Gothic Blimp Works when they could still be found for around $50, but storing tabloids is such a pain, and seem to tan easily, so I always passed. I have a few, including this all comix EVO issue I picked up in a collection 35 years ago.

It feaures work by Spain, Crumb, Shelton and Deitch, and though I've seen the Crumb and Shelton strips elsewhwere I'm not sure about the Spain and Deitch material. Plenty of Spain including these Manning strips.

20151124_194100_zpseabf1ogq.jpg

20151124_194313_zpsett6xm7w.jpg

Thank you rjpb! Tabloids do require some additional care, but for me their coolness has always outweighed the hassle of storing and preserving them. The issues of Blimp Works really get my blood pumping, as does that all comix issue of EVO you posted! For some reason those all comix issues have all eluded me to this point.