• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,267 posts in this topic

Hey guys i have some graded ninja turtle comics if anyone is interested. im having a hard time uploading pictures so i made a youtube video instead. i also have turtlemania silver proof cover. please let me know if anyone is interested thanks

Nice pickup for $100. Love the proof too. You said you had a gold Turtlemania. Could you share a pic or youtube of it? What # out of 10 is it?

Whatever became of this "I have a Turtlemania Gold" guy? Anyone ever see this Gold?

He got caught in a lie, and left with his tail between his legs.

Just to throw in my 2c , I have met Tyler (trg4990). He used to live not far from me before I moved to PA. I've sold him quite a few TMNT slabs in person and he's got a pretty decent TMNT collection based on the conversations we've had.

His job has him travelling a lot so it wouldn't surprise me if he simply forgot to come back here to post a follow-up.

That said, about a year or so before posting here, he mentioned that he got a Turtlemania gold. I honestly can't remember if he sent me a picture. He may have texted it to me and it's long since deleted, but it's definitely not in my inbox anywhere.

Long story short, he's got a nice TMNT collection. He may own a turtlemania gold, but it's tough to tell.

Hey guys i have some graded ninja turtle comics if anyone is interested. im having a hard time uploading pictures so i made a youtube video instead. i also have turtlemania silver proof cover. please let me know if anyone is interested thanks

Nice pickup for $100. Love the proof too. You said you had a gold Turtlemania. Could you share a pic or youtube of it? What # out of 10 is it?

Whatever became of this "I have a Turtlemania Gold" guy? Anyone ever see this Gold?

He got caught in a lie, and left with his tail between his legs.

Just to throw in my 2c , I have met Tyler (trg4990). He used to live not far from me before I moved to PA. I've sold him quite a few TMNT slabs in person and he's got a pretty decent TMNT collection based on the conversations we've had.

His job has him travelling a lot so it wouldn't surprise me if he simply forgot to come back here to post a follow-up.

That said, about a year or so before posting here, he mentioned that he got a Turtlemania gold. I honestly can't remember if he sent me a picture. He may have texted it to me and it's long since deleted, but it's definitely not in my inbox anywhere.

Long story short, he's got a nice TMNT collection. He may own a turtlemania gold, but it's tough to tell.

Could be...I suppose. So, what number is the Gold he has?

That's the thing that makes me most skeptical...he never was able to tell me. It's one thing to forget to come back and post the picture (although that also seems pretty odd since he came here to post about his less-rare TMNT stuff) but when he didn't know which number of Gold he had that raised some red flags. This is something I think any of us collectors would know without ever having to look.

I also sent him messages and he responded for a couple days but then he's just disappeared. So, it could be he forgot to come back to post and I hope that's all it is. He seemed like a nice guy from his messages. We'll just wait. :popcorn:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Edited by rwhorn

Yay I just won a TMNT #1 Second Print in CGC Blue Label 9.4 with WP!!!

Woohoo! No competition bidding either! (well it was 5pm on a Tuesday!)

I used to own a Second Print in 9.2 and a Third Print in 9.4 SS, which I ended up selling both.

I have been waiting for a 2nd in 9.4 WP for AWHILE now and one finally popped up graded last month!

Back in the club! Victory!!!

They left Steve off the label?!?!!?!

I noticed that too. I tend to wait until I have a small stack of mislabeled slabs and then I drive to a show CGC's attending a drop them off to be corrected. This will go back for correction sometime. (thumbs u

I don't know if it matters much to the people here, but I thought I'd mention that the TMNT cartoon vhs cover OA, I owned about a third of it at one time - large lovely paintings by my old but sadly deceased friend Greg Martin, I have from time to time sold a few to slowly recover what I paid the family for the art and for other art I purchased from Greg and/or his family.

anyways, a total of 7 pieces now at various prices between 400 - 2800. (back covers lower end, nice front covers higher end).

In case people are keeping track of or interested in those sorts of sales.

cheers.

I should also mention... Regarding the artist of Turtles in Time (snes):

... for those interested, I have good news. As part of a larger documentary on video game box art being released in 2018, the esteemed gentleman in question has agreed to participate. The plan is for him to be included in and interviewed as part of the documentary. I was asked to help on the documentary and will be credited as a producer.

Follow on facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/BoxArtDoc/

Still one of the great pieces of turtle art anywhere!

Turtles_in_Time_(SNES_cover).jpg

Oh WOW thanks for that. I like how you feel the need to try to bash me on this forum. First of all I don't have to prove anything to you. I do a lot of business with people on this site and they know about my collections. jimcas43 in the registry at one point got most of his 9.8 turtle volume 1s from me. the number 3 variant 9.8 that pubmomkey owns came from my collection at one time ( im pretty sure I sold it to someone else though). I have a ton of graded and non graded books. I travel all over and don't have the time to keep things up like I would like to. as far as a "crazy price". im only going of the two gold turtlemanias that I saw at comic con, one in CA and the other in NY they were priced at 10,900 and 12,500. I sold mine for more than that. As I told you before it was at my bank so I couldn't take pictures of it. it was something I had for a while and kinda just forgot about it per say. with everything going on with my wife and newborn being sick, sending you pics wasnt even on my list of thigs to do. I can say this. I don't know what makes me happier, the fact that your getting so tore up about this or that I sold it to someone else. either way they both make my day and I hope steve never post any info about the turtlemania, because you want to know so bad. If I could show everyone pics of it now and know that you will never see it I would do it in a heart beat. Sorry every one for the bad grammar. im typing this from my phone. :grin:(thumbs u