• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

Nice pick up!

Is it just me or are MLJ super hero books getting harder to find than they were just a few years ago? The more common venues appear to be rather low on offerings.

I think they have always been a little harder to find. But it does seem that I see very few at shows and on websites any more. I think GoldenPRGuy and Gino get em all...

I think GoldenPRGuy and Gino get em all...

oh God, I hope not. I still need too many of them. :facepalm:

Nice Hangman(s) and Jackpot, Gino!

On a few positive notes, I did upgrade my Archie 25 last night ... right before I went into the OR to see my Golden Girls born! Pretty decent night all around ... and yes it's a bit odd that I was watching an auction end at the hospital, but honestly it was relaxing me while I waited for them to come get me.

lf-7_zpsfoqg59ra.jpeg

Nice pick up!

Is it just me or are MLJ super hero books getting harder to find than they were just a few years ago? The more common venues appear to be rather low on offerings.

I think they have always been a little harder to find. But it does seem that I see very few at shows and on websites any more. I think GoldenPRGuy and Gino get em all...

Gosh I hope not too!!! lol There are a few that if I never located I would be so devastated!! Pep #20 would be one of those issues RM :baiting::grin:

I think GoldenPRGuy and Gino get em all...

oh God, I hope not. I still need too many of them. :facepalm:

Nice Hangman(s) and Jackpot, Gino!

On a few positive notes, I did upgrade my Archie 25 last night ... right before I went into the OR to see my Golden Girls born! Pretty decent night all around ... and yes it's a bit odd that I was watching an auction end at the hospital, but honestly it was relaxing me while I waited for them to come get me.

lf-7_zpsfoqg59ra.jpeg

Very cool and thanks!! Congrats on the upgrade!! I haven't yet taken the plunge on any Archie covered issues as I know that is a long rabbit hole to go down so I have focused only on the super hero stuff. Though with guys posted these types of beauties all the time it makes it that much more difficult. (thumbs u

Thanks Gino. PS I think this is the only crowd in the world that I would tell I was buying a comic minutes before the birth of my daughters. I'm pleased with the win, but to be clear it was the lowlight of the evening.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Nothing wrong with piling on happy moments with other happy moments!! I believe they can be somewhat exponential!!

So was finally able to land a complete copy of Hangman Comics #8 story wise. The copy on the right is missing the back cover though. Pages are nice and supple its a great reader. Copy in the Fortress is missing a few centerfolds but the cover is all intact. It also has some color touch. I am not going to marry them I will just keep them as two separate copies.

23037270366_a59e8d3836_c.jpg

Also... can't remember if I posted this one but hit the Jackpot ...

23043444895_b77c4f9156_c.jpg

Great score Gino buddy! Welcome to the Jackpot 7 club, and now you're twice inducted into the even more exclusive Hangman 8 club (worship)

I'm excited as I bought Archie 1 tonight. 4.0 slighty brittle but great color and cbsb graded or something like that. Cover is not detached.Under 20k guide. I never thought I could find a copy for guide. I also am bidding on 9.2 Archies pals and gals one, Boiught archie 5 5.5 cbsg and I'm bidding on the Canadain archie you have below. one of those copies I bought for a dollar with 2 more super comics 20 years ago in a commix box.I had it grade3d and it was 5.0 and this dollar comic sold for over 3 k last time it was up.Iove talking Archies.

Wanted. Acquired. :cool:

pep1.717a_zpslanns3ba.jpg

Thanks for removing the temptation. I've looked at it many times but never pulled the trigger... lol

And thank you for creating the temptation, Steve. Feel like if I don't buy Pedigree Archie/MLJs now you will have them all.

Nice one! :applause: