• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mad Max - Fury Road - 2015

230 posts in this topic

Darn you, George Miller!

smiley_shake_fist_by_mirz123.gif

Your production made me go out and purchase the Blu-Ray/DVD combo.

:ohnoez:

I spent the better part of last night watching the bonus stuff. It's endless. Now I want to watch the darn thing again tonight! My favorite stuff is the "5 Wives" doc and the stunt man stuff. I couldn't believe it was 90% real. This is why I can't stomach Robert Rodriguez productions (where 10% is real and the rest is CG) They spent a couple of years putting a lot of love in post, that's for sure. Charlize Theron definitely hasn't pulled a Halle Berry-Marisa Tomei-Mira Sorvino with her Oscar yet. Her role was nomination worthy. I totally see her getting a nom for this (she won't win though).

Watched this last night.

I'm not a fan of the original Mad Max stuff...figured I'd give it a try.

I pretty much hated it from beginning to end. I can see the imagined depth and feministic views purported all over the net, though all I saw was a long, kinda crappy chase scene lasting a couple hours.

Yep...nope.

:applause:

I've watched this move more than any another movie in my life.

And I'm 43, which means Star Wars was my bread and butter. But yeah, more than Star Wars, I have watched Fury Road relentlessly. Timeless movie.

Like The Road Warrior and Thunderdome, this movie is gonna age very well.

George Miller Dishes On His Plans For Two Potential MAD MAX: FURY ROAD Sequels

Shortly after Fury Road's theatrical release, Miller revealed that he'd already started work on a follow-up with the working title Mad Max: The Wasteland, and here explains that the seeds for the sequel were sewn within the 2015 film.

As Fury Road's production stopped and started, Miller "dug down deep into the backstory, not only of the characters, but of every vehicle. How the steering wheels became religious artefacts and things like that." The exploration into his world of Mad Max resulted in the creation of two scripts, though of which will become The Wasteland, Miller is uncertain. "So we ended up with two scripts, without really trying," he says. "We're talking to the studio about it as we speak, but which one of the two stories will happen next, I'm not so sure."

However, as he's previously stated, we shouldn't expect Miller to crank out a new Mad Max instalment instantly, as the 70-year-old filmmaker is looking to do something much smaller. "I want to do a small film without special effects before I do any of that, just to do it quickly," he dishes. "We shot Fury Road for eight months… that's a lot. Every day in the heat and the dust, doing these stunts, it's very wearing. We've got two more planned, but at some point in the future."

Mad Max: Fury Road Named Best Film By National Board Of Review

The National Board of Review has named Mad Max: Fury Road the best film of the 2015. George Miller directed the fourth film in the Mad Max franchise after a 30 year hiatus. The film stars Tom Hardy as Max, and Charlize Theron as the show-stealing Imperator Furiosa. Warner Bros. is also pushing the film for a Best Picture nomination from the Academy Awards.

The Board granted three awards to The Martian, naming Ridley Scott as Best Director, Matt Damon as Best Actor, and Drew Goddard for Best Adapted Screenplay.

Mad Max: Fury Road Black-And-White Version Could Get Theatrical Release

The film, which is already available on blu-ray and DVD, could see new life in theaters in greyscale form. George Miller told Screen Daily that a black and white version of Fury Road exists and may see a theatrical release in 2016.

Don't dismiss the idea, just yet. Mad Max: Fury Road has been cleaning up at global awards shows and Oscar season is right around the corner. With the nominees being named in January and buzz leading up to the presentation following, a January or February 2016 re-release of a black and white Mad Max: Fury Road doesn't sound unlikely.

George Miller On Whether There's More Of MAD MAX: FURY ROAD's Furiosa To Come

" Yes, I have [zeroed in on the storyline for the sequel]. And certainly [i'm] having conversations about it [with the studio]. But I’m not sure if it’s the very next movie I want to do. I’ve got something a bit smaller before we go back out into the wasteland — something that’s contemporary that we can get through fairly quickly. And something with not too much technical difficulty. Something more performance-based and so on, just to clear the exhaust."

As far as Furiosa is concerned, Miller added, "Yeah, she’s a pretty compelling character so it would be great to tell her story. Her backstory is really interesting. We only allude to it in this movie because this movie is on the run; people don’t have much time for recreational talk. But you pick up, you have a sense of her having gone through stuff. That’s what the film is trying to do. You’re trying to put a lot of iceberg under the tip, I like saying.One of the things that’s really gratifying, people are reading the film more than just the surface — the events of the movie, and just picking up a lot of stuff underneath it, which is very deliberate......So in many ways, the audience is picking up a lot about Furiosa — or enough to intrigue. And she’s got an interesting story."

the critics choice by a landslide, wonder if it will be nominated for Best Picture

http://www.metacritic.com/feature/film-critics-list-the-top-10-movies-of-2015

I only saw 4 of the top 20. lame.

Watched this last night.

I pretty much hated it from beginning to end. I can see the imagined depth and feministic views purported all over the net, though all I saw was a long, kinda crappy chase scene lasting a couple hours.

Yep...nope.

Yeah, worst movie I saw last year.

Watched this last night.

Yep...nope.

I disagreed so much with this post that I hit the notify button

Watched this last night.

Yep...nope.

AoU -worst movie i saw in 2015

Watched this last night.

Yep...nope.

AoU -worst movie i saw in 2015

:cloud9: