• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jessica Jones Netflix Alias #1

494 posts in this topic

1100.00 for a 9.9/highest and only one on census for a trending property with a large appetite is a deal

How much did you think it should sell for?

I cant answer this question without being perceived a capitalist. So Ill say this:

Being that this it the ONLY 9.9 on the census and the only listing for such a (popular) item in that grade, the seller made the mistake of listing it at a 1500. Esp since he is accepting offers. I believe that if he listed it at, say, 3500 or 5000 he wouldve gotten higher offers.

Gotcha. Why would this book be different than any others that have gone through this.

I already explained that it is not like any other book, and no other book has "gone through this". But, if you have one in mind that you feel qualifies, feel free to name it and I will answer how I think it is different from the book you name.

I cant answer this question without being perceived a capitalist. So Ill say this:

Being that this it the ONLY 9.9 on the census and the only listing for such a (popular) item in that grade, the seller made the mistake of listing it at a 1500. Esp since he is accepting offers. I believe that if he listed it at, say, 3500 or 5000 he wouldve gotten higher offers.

An obviously too high OBO would have been a good way to fish for higher offers. Being first to market with a 9.9, when more will likely come, I can understand the desire to want to move it. He definitely left a lot of money on the table, I think this would have been one of the times where an auction might have been the best way to go.

If I had seen it, I would have BIN'd instead of offering a lower price, so he absolutely left money on the table, from at the very least me. I also know that there are lots of crazy people out there who like to over pay for things (NM98, IH181, etc) at levels that I would never go to.

So, in an auction people would have had to beat me, and likely some other crazies with money to waste who would have crushed me as well...

Gotcha. Why would this book be different than any others that have gone through this.

I already explained that it is not like any other book, and no other book has "gone through this". But, if you have one in mind that you feel qualifies, feel free to name it and I will answer how I think it is different from the book you name.

Daredevil 1

ASM 300

ASM 121

ASM 122

1st Starlord

Guardians of the Galaxy 1

Soon to be BA 12

WD 7,10,19,27,53,61

Rocket Raccoon 1

Just off the top of my head.

An obviously too high OBO would have been a good way to fish for higher offers. Being first to market with a 9.9, when more will likely come, I can understand the desire to want to move it. He definitely left a lot of money on the table, I think this would have been one of the times where an auction might have been the best way to go.

If I had seen it, I would have BIN'd instead of offering a lower price, so he absolutely left money on the table, from at the very least me. I also know that there are lots of crazy people out there who like to over pay for things (NM98, IH181, etc) at levels that I would never go to.

So, in an auction people would have had to beat me, and likely some other crazies with money to waste who would have crushed me as well...

The seller made nice cash. I'm guessing you will see it again. The seller may have left money on the table but it was also likely an easy sale. There is usually quite a bit of drama that goes with the outrageous prices you mentioned.

1100.00 for a 9.9/highest and only one on census for a trending property with a large appetite is a deal

It is the only 9.9 yet. Yet is the key word here. 2c

Yes, I expect a few more to show up. It will never be a high volume item. Even if 4 or 5 more are found, I can not see that having a profound effect on value.

Yes, I expect a few more to show up. It will never be a high volume item. Even if 4 or 5 more are found, I can not see that having a profound effect on value.

It always does. (thumbs u

Daredevil 1

ASM 300

ASM 121

ASM 122

1st Starlord

Soon to be BA 12

WD 7,10,19,27,53,61

Rocket Raccoon 1

You failed to meet the bolded criteria with any of your listed book.

Right off the top, none of them share the "time they were printed, similar print run size". So right away, all invalid comparisons. But, even being generous, only DD1, 1st Starlord and BA12 are first appearances of significant characters headlining a media product.

DD1 is a silver age key (has not peaked btw), and is as much under pressure from other overvalued silver age keys (IH1,AF15) as it is from being a Netflix show. Furthermore, Daredevil was already a mainstream character (was before the affleck movie too).

BA12 print run makes it very different as well. In addition, Harley like Daredevil was already a collector's targeted book with a strong following, before her central role in a Suicide squad movie. BA12's print run and ease of acquiring in 9.8 is completely different than Alias 1.

1st Starlord might be the only listed book so far, with a leg to stand on as a valid comparison. While the comic age, format (magazine), and print run all are invalid comparisons...you do have a character no one cared about before, suddenly becoming a mainstream character. There are issues with the "version" of the character in that book vs the movie, but for the most part this is your best example. Where you go way off base, is trying to equate its price path to Alias #1. To attack my NYX #3 comments, you would have to compare 1st Starlord's price rise, peak, and settling, to a similar era, magazine format, collector established character's 1st appearance. - - Don't think there is such a thing, so again, no grounds.

NYX #3, by virtue of its similar printing date and print run (to Alias #1), and it's being the first appearance of a similar character (strong female anti-hero), establishes what the market/collectors will pay for said type of book.

Alias #1 is the first appearance of a character, previously ignored, who has now become a permanent mainstream character. Long term, my opinion, is that it will settle at par or slightly above NYX #3 in terms of price (regardless of how the market moves as a whole)

People that try to equate it to any other flash in the pan tv/movie adaptation book, are getting things wrong on many levels.

If you come up with any valid books to compare, do feel free to post them. 1st Star Lord almost made the cut, but failed because its too different to offer any sort of refutation of my points.

Cheers

Normally it does ONLY BECAUSE the first sale is generally a huge "overpay", in this case (if its a real sale) it sold at a reasonable price, not like it was the only one. Since a person didnt egregiously over pay (as they often due for 1st to market 9.9/10) many correctly identify the book as "cheap" or the seller as having left money on the table.

I think NYX #3 offers some insight here as well. Long term, you will see a similar amount of "greater than 9.8" copies appear. They will settle out at similar prices.

Anyone who thinks a 9.9 NYX #3 wouldnt sell for greater than $1100 is :screwy:

Edited by CBT

Daredevil 1

ASM 300

ASM 121

ASM 122

1st Starlord

Soon to be BA 12

WD 7,10,19,27,53,61

Rocket Raccoon 1

You failed to meet the bolded criteria with any of your listed book.

Right off the top, none of them share the "time they were printed, similar print run size". So right away, all invalid comparisons. But, even being generous, only DD1, 1st Starlord and BA12 are first appearances of significant characters headlining a media product.

DD1 is a silver age key (has not peaked btw), and is as much under pressure from other overvalued silver age keys (IH1,AF15) as it is from being a Netflix show. Furthermore, Daredevil was already a mainstream character (was before the affleck movie too).

BA12 print run makes it very different as well. In addition, Harley like Daredevil was already a collector's targeted book with a strong following, before her central role in a Suicide squad movie. BA12's print run and ease of acquiring in 9.8 is completely different than Alias 1.

1st Starlord might be the only listed book so far, with a leg to stand on as a valid comparison. While the comic age, format (magazine), and print run all are invalid comparisons...you do have a character no one cared about before, suddenly becoming a mainstream character. There are issues with the "version" of the character in that book vs the movie, but for the most part this is your best example. Where you go way off base, is trying to equate its price path to Alias #1. To attack my NYX #3 comments, you would have to compare 1st Starlord's price rise, peak, and settling, to a similar era, magazine format, collector established character's 1st appearance. - - Don't think there is such a thing, so again, no grounds.

NYX #3, by virtue of its similar printing date and print run (to Alias #1), and it's being the first appearance of a similar character (strong female anti-hero), establishes what the market/collectors will pay for said type of book.

Alias #1 is the first appearance of a character, previously ignored, who has now become a permanent mainstream character. Long term, my opinion, is that it will settle at par or slightly above NYX #3 in terms of price (regardless of how the market moves as a whole)

People that try to equate it to any other flash in the pan tv/movie adaptation book, are getting things wrong on many levels.

If you come up with any valid books to compare, do feel free to post them. 1st Star Lord almost made the cut, but failed because its too different to offer any sort of refutation of my points.

Cheers

Wow. You wasted quite a bit of time. lol

Does CBT does not stand for Comic Book Trends? If it does you are missing the trend completely. :facepalm:

EVERY SINGLE BOOK THAT HAS EVER HAD A MOVIE HAS SEEN THE PEAK BEFORE RELEASE. If you don't have a reason why this is an exception then you are over-analyzing....as usual.

Does CBT does not stand for Comic Book Trends? If it does you are missing the trend completely. :facepalm:

EVERY SINGLE BOOK THAT HAS EVER HAD A MOVIE HAS SEEN THE PEAK BEFORE RELEASE. If you don't have a reason why this is an exception then you are over-analyzing....as usual.

Just like Chew, my predictions here will be correct, as they almost always are ;)

"Dat hall of fame batting avg" :D

Edited by CBT

Just like Chew, my predictions here will be correct, as they almost always are ;)

"Dat hall of fame batting avg" :D

What is your prediction? What did you "predict" for Chew? ???

I am not going to dig it up, but its in the Chew thread 3 years back if someone feels like bothering. We bet in the thread about where the price would be 12 months later, and if I was wrong I was going to change my sig. I was right :) and did not change my sig.

Just like I will be right about Alias.

I am not going to dig it up, but its in the Chew thread 3 years back if someone feels like bothering. We bet in the thread about where the price would be 12 months later, and if I was wrong I was going to change my sig. I was right :) and did not change my sig.

Just like I will be right about Alias.

I see :blahblah: and still no predictions. (thumbs u

Is this another Jaydog thread? lol

Edited by Junk Donkey