• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
20 20

3,618 posts in this topic

What's the PPP on this book these days (sorry in advance that I haven't renewed my GPA subscription yet)

That's difficult to answer. Seems to be all over the place. In many of the lower grades (4.0 3.5 2.5 2.0) prices spiked last Summer and then took a serious nose dive (3.5 went for $6800 in Aug).

Maybe $2500-$3500 a point (although 1.0s are going for $4500)

That 3.5 sale in August seems to be an anomaly though. I can't find it to see there was any obvious flaw bringing down the sale price. Other grades have not taken a nose dive at all that I see.

What's the PPP on this book these days (sorry in advance that I haven't renewed my GPA subscription yet)

That's difficult to answer. Seems to be all over the place. In many of the lower grades (4.0 3.5 2.5 2.0) prices spiked last Summer and then took a serious nose dive (3.5 went for $6800 in Aug).

That 3.5 sale in August seems to be an anomaly though. I can't find it to see there was any obvious flaw bringing down the sale price. Other grades have not taken a nose dive at all that I see.

3.5's are in that 11-13K range.

Yet this 5.5 OW-W recently sold for $12K HA auction hm

Voldemort slab. :P

-J.

Voldermort slab. :P

-J.

Could be. Metro has a Voldemort 5.0 CR-OW for $13,500. Even if sold at full price, that would be $2,700 per point. I think if they felt they would get significantly more in a CGC slab, they would submit it. Possible, of course, it's a consignment book that they are letting sit as is.

-J.

Could be. Metro has a Voldemort 5.0 CR-OW for $13,500. Even if sold at full price, that would be $2,700 per point. I think if they felt they would get significantly more in a CGC slab, they would submit it. Possible, of course, it's a consignment book that they are letting sit as is.

If I'm not mistaken Bob recently got a whole lot more for a CGC 5.5 on his site. I believe his original ask was $19k. The last CGC 5.5 on GPA went for $15k in January of this year, but C-link had one go for $16.1k in August. Voldemort slabs definitely under-perform CGC slabs and the margin seems to be widening.

-J.

-J.

If I'm not mistaken Bob recently got a whole lot more for a CGC 5.5 on his site. I believe his original ask was $19k. The last CGC 5.5 on GPA went for $15k in January of this year, but C-link had one go for $16.1k in August. Voldemort slabs definitely under-perform CGC slabs and the margin seems to be widening.

-J.

I don't want to get our posts expunged for discussing the other company. but if their books underperform, it makes you wonder why people as savvy as Metro wouldn't reslab the competitor's books. Unless the competitor is grading more loosely. hm

-J.

-J.

I don't want to get our posts expunged for discussing the other company. but if their books underperform, it makes you wonder why people as savvy as Metro wouldn't reslab the competitor's books. Unless the competitor is grading more loosely. hm

^^lol

-J.

Metro is sending most/all their raw books to CBCS to be graded.

When the customer then asks to have the book CGC graded, like I did, the books come back with lower grades.

CBCS : making sellers happy.

When the customer then asks to have the book CGC graded, like I did, the books come back with lower grades.

When I talked to metro at a little show in jersey ,they mentioned they liked the slab better

would be a cgc 5.0

When I talked to metro at a little show in jersey ,they mentioned they liked the slab better

.....The CBCS slab, unfortunately for me, is a BEAST to open..... maybe there's some trick to it I don't know..... but some books I want the resto check but then keep it in a mylar. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I am currently watching a auction of a hulk #1 uk version and nuts currently only £265 it's Cgc graded 3.0. Wonder if I would be able to get it for this price or will it spike any day!

It sure will if you give us the link! :D