• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

I read issue #21 today and thought it was pretty good. There are so many moving pieces in this story that sometimes its hard to tel who is allied with who. We need more Ranger, Chamberlain, and absolutely need more Death but I still like the direction the story is going and still think it tops anything else coming out by a country mile. Hoping that they keep up with another monthly schedule. That would be a total win. (thumbs u

The only thing that bugs me about this series is how we move away from the main plot line for several issues at a time. I definitely want to see more of the story that revolves around Death and the Ranger. Of course, these stories, about Doma Lux for example, really enrich the world that Hickman and Dragotta have built, so I can't really complain about this too loudly. I just really want to know what Death and the Ranger are up to.

This is a series that will probably be more enjoyable when it's finished and you can binge read the trades. I absolutely think it's the best book coming out right now but that just makes it more painful when you have to wait a month or three for the next installment.