• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

well, they were interested in speculating.

i probably read it up through issue 8 or 9 and as I have no recollection of the content, I assume it was mediocre. I remember liking Spiderman 2099 a bit and thinking x-men 2099 was ok.

Anybody know any further info or have comments on the brand new

Harley Quinn 3001 character that debuted last month in Justice League 3001 #5

Nobody seems to know much about this and i think its cause very few people read this book

with a low print of only 15,000 making this book as equally rare as Scooby Doo Team Up #12

thanks

Remember in the '90s when Ghost Rider and the Punisher were hot, so Marvel created versions of them for 2099 and the Guardians of the Galaxy timeline? Was anyone interested in those?

The print runs on those book were massive, the art was poor and the writing was nowhere near the level we are at now. The only 2099 books worth anything ( not counting the toy edition for Spider-Man 2099 ) are some of the final issues and it's not due to quality.

Anybody know any further info or have comments on the brand new

Harley Quinn 3001 character that debuted last month in Justice League 3001 #5

Nobody seems to know much about this and i think its cause very few people read this book

with a low print of only 15,000 making this book as equally rare as Scooby Doo Team Up #12

thanks

Remember in the '90s when Ghost Rider and the Punisher were hot, so Marvel created versions of them for 2099 and the Guardians of the Galaxy timeline? Was anyone interested in those?

The print runs on those book were massive, the art was poor and the writing was nowhere near the level we are at now. The only 2099 books worth anything ( not counting the toy edition for Spider-Man 2099 ) are some of the final issues and it's not due to quality.

At least Spider-man had Peter David writing it. I couldn't tell you who worked on any of the other books, except that Stan Lee supposedly wrote Ravage.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spiderman-2099-comic-book-lot-/131639830069?hash=item1ea6586635%3Ag%3AOoQAAOSw8d9UsV-m&nma=true&si=LSlrbGpTtd7qgj9p%252FkdayU26xX0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

based on this single listing, ignoring all other sales, i am going to postulate that the FMV of generic, not late issue, spiderman 2099 books is about $3 each, so hardly worthless! if every crappy 1990s book I owned was worth $3 to someone I'd be.... well, I could go on a really nice vacation with my family or maybe pay the co-payment on that gastric bypass I should probably get.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spiderman-2099-comic-book-lot-/131639830069?hash=item1ea6586635%3Ag%3AOoQAAOSw8d9UsV-m&nma=true&si=LSlrbGpTtd7qgj9p%252FkdayU26xX0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

based on this single listing, ignoring all other sales, i am going to postulate that the FMV of generic, not late issue, spiderman 2099 books is about $3 each, so hardly worthless! if every crappy 1990s book I owned was worth $3 to someone I'd be.... well, I could go on a really nice vacation with my family or maybe pay the co-payment on that gastric bypass I should probably get.

I think you mean $2 each..........

HAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHA

It's $3 a piece for the buyer once shipping is factored in. But I can see Spider-man 2099 getting a little attention since the character was brought back recently.

HAHAHAHA

well, if it had "free shipping" it would look like $3, so i think of the total price.

of course, i'm cherry picking the best possible sale because isn't that how it's done? (and no, i don't have a lot of these, maybe just one copy of these issues, the ones i actually read 20+ years ago! although i do have a bunch of #1 and have chased the late issues in the series (maybe have multiples of some of those)

I used to love Punisher 2099 as a kid. He was a cop during the day and the Punisher at night. He basically found Castle's journals and carried on his work. It was also cool that he had his own prison underneath his brownstone home. lol