• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

And BTW - THE SELLER MISSED THE CLIPPED COUPONS. Your policy would not have helped in any way.

I disagree, a stated blanket Return Policy would have helped you with this transaction.

:facepalm:

If you want to crucify me you should at least read the thread. lol

I make plenty of mistakes, Bob. Just be patient and jump on one. No need to stretch this to try and be "right".

Happy Gilmour said it best " The price is wrong, Bob"

And BTW - THE SELLER MISSED THE CLIPPED COUPONS. Your policy would not have helped in any way.

I disagree, a stated blanket Return Policy would have helped you with this transaction.

I make plenty of mistakes, Bob. Just be patient and jump on one. No need to stretch this to try and be "right".

Happy Gilmore said it best " The price is wrong, Bob"

Fixed that for you.... :facepalm:

I can't think of any dissenting opinion that would justify someone being porked out of a couple hundred dollars, but I guess your mileage may vary..

I don't think anyone should be porked out of a couple hundred dollars, but as a buyer when does a buyer's liability come into play?

This is not personal against JD but since he asked, this is how I believe it should be handled.

If I'm buying books at someone else's advertised grades but I'm expecting a CGC grade and the seller doesn't offer a CGC grade guarantee, there should be no liability on the part of the seller if the book doesn't grade out by CGC, should there?

I've seen it at shows where board reputable board members come up to reputable dealers and they want to buy a book that is going to make a profit for them and then ask the dealer his opinion on the CGC grade. :facepalm:

If someone is buying books for resale, there needs to be some liability on the buyer's part. The buyer needs to do their due diligence and then take the hits and the wins. It can't all just rest on the seller.

My personal opinion is that if you are getting into the business of making money from comics, you can't have it both ways. You can't plead ignorance when you lose and take the money and run when you win. To me that's only fair.

Happy Gilmore said it best " The price is wrong, Bob"

Fixed that for you.... :facepalm:

lol

Canadian Happy Gilmour :shy:

I can't think of any dissenting opinion that would justify someone being porked out of a couple hundred dollars, but I guess your mileage may vary..

I don't think anyone should be porked out of a couple hundred dollars, but as a buyer when does a buyer's liability come into play?

This is not personal against JD but since he asked, this is how I believe it should be handled.

If I'm buying books at someone else's advertised grades but I'm expecting a CGC grade and the seller doesn't offer a CGC grade guarantee, there should be no liability on the part of the seller if the book doesn't grade out by CGC, should there?

I've seen it at shows where board reputable board members come up to reputable dealers and they want to buy a book that is going to make a profit for them and then ask the dealer his opinion on the CGC grade. :facepalm:

If someone is buying books for resale, there needs to be some liability on the buyer's part. The buyer needs to do their due diligence and then take the hits and the wins. It can't all just rest on the seller.

My personal opinion is that if you are getting into the business of making money from comics, you can't have it both ways. You can't plead ignorance when you lose and take the money and run when you win. To me that's only fair.

Assuming you are not referring to the clipped coupons then I agree. I only mentioned the other books because it shows a trend to me. Eliminate the coupon book and I laugh and move on.

I brought it here to discuss so speak your mind, Roy.

Yup, as I said earlier the clipped coupon should be a full return on the part of the seller.

:)

I would agree with this with one exception. There are times that I have purchased books that had missing coupons or minor color touch that I was not initially aware of. In those cases all I really want to do is break even. If I do in these rare events, I chalk it up to experience and alert the seller to the issue with no demands for a refund, etc. While both parties need to do their due diligence, the bulk of the onus is on the seller.

Yup, as I said earlier the clipped coupon should be a full return on the part of the seller.

I would agree with this with one exception. There are times that I have purchased books that had missing coupons or minor color touch that I was not initially aware of. In those cases all I really want to do is break even. If I do in these rare events, I chalk it up to experience and alert the seller to the issue with no demands for a refund, etc. While both parties need to do their due diligence, the bulk of the onus is on the seller.

I just sent an email to the seller. I essentially came to this conclusion. The seller did offer a refund but I like auctions. Just another reason to stick with moderns. I don't know how you guys deal with older books. I can't even dip my toe in bronze. lol

I just sent an email to the seller. I essentially came to this conclusion. The seller did offer a refund but I like auctions. Just another reason to stick with moderns. I don't know how you guys deal with older books. I can't even dip my toe in bronze. lol

That stinks about the coupon. I would have offered you a full refund if I sold that to you. Stuff like that can get missed innocently. Glad the seller was willing to step up.

One question. What does the bold section mean?

And if you ever need a dealer pass for a major convention there's a pretty good chance I can get you one for less than the $300 loss you were expecting to take on the books (SDCC excepted). Don't put yourself through this type of thing again.

In a nutshell.

That stinks about the coupon. I would have offered you a full refund if I sold that to you. Stuff like that can get missed innocently. Glad the seller was willing to step up.

And if you ever need a dealer pass for a major convention there's a pretty good chance I can get you one for less than the $300 loss you were expecting to take on the books (SDCC excepted). Don't put yourself through this type of thing again.

It means I am going to list it in the MCS auction. The seller still put $25 on my account for a later purchase. If the seller offered money back I may have taken it but credit vs watching an auction I will take the latter.

Good to know and thanks for for the offer! NYCC next year? :wishluck:

It means I am going to list it in the MCS auction. The seller still put $25 on my account for a later purchase. If the seller offered money back I may have taken it but credit vs watching an auction I will take the latter.

Good to know and thanks for for the offer! NYCC next year? :wishluck:

Just remind me well ahead of time and I shouldn't have a problem finding someone willing to part with one for you.

I didn't realize he only offered you credit based on that post. I thought it was a full refund.

We count the friggin pages, lazy arse :baiting:

We count the friggin pages, lazy arse :baiting:

lol

Resto, trimming, married covers......it's a skill set I have yet to acquire. I've had exactly 2 attempts at resto on modern books. One was an obvious black marker to the back of a WD 2 and the other I missed on a WD 8. Outside of moderns? 3 UXM 94 all resto, ASM 129 Missing coupons, DD 168 resto. The only book I have had any luck with is UXM 101 which is also my grail.

Count pages...check. (thumbs u