• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

I think that 7.0 is a little low (from the pq?) and that 6.0 is a little high (the pq for sure.) -- really interested in seeing what that hulk 1 closes at

Solid results for all the copies actually. 7.0, second highest result in two years (first highest also has "Cr/Ow" on the label so that was a non-factor); 6.0 went very strong, but looks under graded and is most likely a CPR candidate; 4.0 would be a GPA high but for a couple outlier sales in the $17k range for the grade earlier this year.

-J.

Smart sniper alright.

Amazing Fantasy 15 4.0 CRM/OW $14937.50

I thought that price was WAY too high. And then I saw that the last two 3.5s sold for $15,500.

I was referring to the:

Amazing Fantasy 15 7.0 CRM/OW $45410

See post ahead of mine before iceman about a page back;)

The 4.0 was ugly for the grade.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Smart sniper alright.

Amazing Fantasy 15 4.0 CRM/OW $14937.50

Amazing Fantasy 15 6.0 W $38254.98

Amazing Fantasy 15 7.0 CRM/OW $45410

1.8 crm/ow $7011 pedigree last night as well

:o That's a new GPA high.

-J.

Looks like the panic buying in the lower grades like Hulk 1 last year. Time to short cover your AF15 shares.

Has anyone taken a good look at the 4.0 AF15 in the heritage auction?

I noticed it's a copy that's had color touch removal (has the telltale scrapes). I assumed that it had Marvel Chipping but upon closer inspection I've determined that it's not Marvel Chipping at all... the free edge has had a ton of CT scraped off so that it "looks" like marvel chipping.

Because of the amount of CT scraped off I am simply amazed that this received a 4.0 Blue.

I'm thinking this one won't even come close to GPA averages for 4.0 (although nothing should surprise when AF15s are involved).

Here's the link

http://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/amazing-fantasy-15-marvel-1962-cgc-vg-40-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/7152-91164.s

Looks like a combo pack of colour touch removal and marvel chipping to me.

Bit of a gift grade should be a 3.5 IMO.

-J.

Agreed.

I agree I do not believe there will ever be a limit on the value of this book....once Action Comics #1 (the highest graded copy) sells some day down the line for 10$ million dollars (and it will it's just a matter of time) it will only increase the possibilities for all other comics such as AF15.

I like to call AF15 the Action Comic #1 of SA comics and Hulk #1 the Detective Comics #27 of the SA. I would be very surprised to see either one of these books lose their position in the top books of their time.

Now that Spider-Man will be joining the Avengers (next movie or movies) and also will be part of the next Captain America movie I think this will push AF15 into a whole new ballpark value wise....and AF15 will become even more iconic if that is even possible!!

Edited by Hulk1962

I noticed it's a copy that's had color touch removal (has the telltale scrapes). I assumed that it had Marvel Chipping but upon closer inspection I've determined that it's not Marvel Chipping at all... the free edge has had a ton of CT scraped off so that it "looks" like marvel chipping.

Because of the amount of CT scraped off I am simply amazed that this received a 4.0 Blue.

I'm thinking this one won't even come close to GPA averages for 4.0 (although nothing should surprise when AF15s are involved).

Here's the link

http://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/amazing-fantasy-15-marvel-1962-cgc-vg-40-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/7152-91164.s

Most likely chips filled and then removed but I think the glue notation hurts it more.

Here's the link

Most likely chips filled and then removed but I think the glue notation hurts it more.

Still seems like a decent price, no? hm

Here's the link

Shouldn't the ragged removal of chips equate to a trim? If you look closely at the right edge you can tell that extra material has been removed (more than the original marvel chipping).

Looking at this comic it makes me wonder.... if you found a purple labeled AF15 with a microtrimmed right edge, and you chipped up the right edge to look like this one.... would you end up geting a blue label?

Here's the link

Shouldn't the ragged removal of chips equate to a trim? If you look closely at the right edge you can tell that extra material has been removed (more than the original marvel chipping).

Looking at this comic it makes me wonder.... if you found a purple labeled AF15 with a microtrimmed right edge, and you chipped up the right edge to look like this one.... would you end up geting a blue label?

Oh no, you just inspired a whole bunch of purple label purchases and amateur attempts at making trimmed edges look like chipping.