• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crow Rebooted from Relativity Studios
3 3

159 posts in this topic

The Crow Reportedly Moving Forward In March With Corin Hardy As Director

The on again off again remake of The Crow is finally back on again, according to a new report on TheWrap. The project is scheduled to be Relativity's first production project post-bankruptcy.

While there's currently no star attached to play Eric Draven in the film, Relativity has signed director Corin Hardy to a holding deal. The remake will center around Eric Draven, who returns from the dead to track down his killers with the help of a mystical crow.

Looks like this is assumed to be Relativity's jump from bankruptcy.

So many great actors missed. Including Jack Huston.

In order for this film to be done right. The film needs to separate itself from the original as much as possible. The film needs to be fresh to represent the 16 - 25 year old market.

1. The Crow is the modern day musical that relied heavily upon an alternative soundtrack. The soundtrack should be Hip Hop/Rap

2. Eric Draven needs to be an African American Rapper

3. The film needs to directed by somebody like an F.Gary Gray or Antoine Fuqua

4. Set this film in the hood run by gangs in which no police would dare enter

And with that this flick would run straight to home video. The way to do it right would be to actually follow the book.

You had me at 'follow the book'. You had me at 'follow the book'.

Darn that Jerry Maguire movie.

:ohnoez:

So many great actors missed. Including Jack Huston.

In order for this film to be done right. The film needs to separate itself from the original as much as possible. The film needs to be fresh to represent the 16 - 25 year old market.

1. The Crow is the modern day musical that relied heavily upon an alternative soundtrack. The soundtrack should be Hip Hop/Rap

A black man in white face makeup!? This sounds like some Short Circuit Part 2 ish right here! Tomorrow we riot!

Director Alex Proyas Feels The Crow Remake Is Unnecessary

Alex Proyas is just coming off of his latest film, Gods of Egypt, which is in theatres now. In an interview with Collider recently he shared his feelings on another of his films, the cult classic film The Crow, and the possibility of it being remade.

When asked if it was something he was watching with interest or just something he doesn't pay attention to anymore, he had this to say.

"You know, I’ve moved on and I just feel like it’s… I personally feel like it’s kind of unnecessary. I’ve said this many times, I’ve completed the original movie to honor Brandon and that’s the sole reason I did it. I’m happy I did it for that reason. I sort of feel like it’s his legacy and I personally don’t have a lot of time for people trying to reignite that movie in other ways. So you know, to me, this is one situation where it would be nice if Hollywood kind of left it alone and let it remain Brandon Lee’s legacy."

Wow!

There Might Not Be A Crow Remake

Edward R. Pressman Film Corporation, producer the original 1994 film adaptation of The Crow, has moved to deny Relativity Media the right to sequels, prequels, and remake of the film.

The move comes as Dana Brunetti, head of the Relativity following the studios restructuring during bankruptcy proceedings, removes director Corin Hardy from the project. Both Pressman and Relativity brokered a $150,000 holding deal with Hardy to direct, and pre-production on the new film began in August.

Pressman made a deal for the rights to The Crow with Relativity in 2014. According to court papers, that deal required Relativity to begin principal photography within three years, or the rights would revert back to relativity.

This may be a blessing in disguise the way this relaunch has been stumbling.

Corin Hardy On The Crow Reboot - "It Ain't Over"

This weekend, at the Jameson Empire Awards, Hardy won the Best Horror award for The Hallow and took a moment to vaguely discuss The Crow. “I can only say it’s been a very interesting week,” he told Empire. “You have to keep watching, really, because it’s quite a complicated situation. It ain’t over.”

I doubt this film will be made. Not that is a bad thing, what with all the actors that have signed on and dropped out.

'The Crow' Producer Revives Breach of Contract Lawsuit

While no Crow V starring Bradley Cooper appears to be in the works at the moment, the formerly rumored production is at the center of a breach of contract lawsuit.

The Crow producer Jeff Most is suing Edward R. Pressman Film Corporation and Sammyjack Productions for breach of contract and seeking millions in damages, according to a complaint filed Monday in L.A. County Superior Court.

"While Crow II through Crow IV were comparatively smaller film productions, with budgets of less than $10 million each, Plaintiffs allege, on information and belief, that Crow V will have an approximate budget of $70 million, making it a considerably larger production that would typically result in a producer like Plaintiffs receiving greater compensation," states the complaint.

A black man in white face makeup!? This sounds like some Short Circuit Part 2 ish right here! Tomorrow we riot!

Can't be worse than The Crow: Wicked Prayer.

That one has a 0% on RT.

They only can go up now. :)

Also, if they have Jessica Brown Findlay in the cast they are doing something somewhat right.

I say let the Crow movie franchise rest in peace.

It`s one of those rare movies that can`t be remade.

No version will ever top the Brandon Lee version, so all future Crow movies will be considered failures.

(worship):preach: Exactly. Agreed.

I had hope for this film back when Bradley Cooper was attached.

But even given someone of his star power, the best comp / best case scenario I can think of is Max Payne, starring Mark Wahlberg, and that one barely made its budget back domestically ($40 million or so on a $35 million budget, with a total international haul around $85 million).

No one's clamoring for a fifth Crow movie, just like no one was clamoring for Crow 2, 3 or 4.

Oh boy.

Jason Momoa May Fly With THE CROW After Wielding AQUAMAN's Trident

Could Jason Momoa finally be the star to get The Crow off the ground?

After previous false starts with Tom Hiddleston, Bradley Cooper, Jack Huston and Luke Evans, Relativity Media is now said to be eyeing the upcoming Justice League star. Corin Hardy (The Hallow), attached to the most recent failed launch starring Luke Evans, is still set to direct the picture.

The biggest clue to the deal actually came from Momoa, who posted a picture with Hardy on Instagram

LnyPA2o.png

Can't be worse than The Crow: Wicked Prayer.

That one has a 0% on RT.

They only can go up now. :)

Also, if they have Jessica Brown Findlay in the cast they are doing something somewhat right.

Sybil!

The Crow Reboot Set for January 2017 Filming

crow-momoa-194660.jpg

The Crow will return to the big screen soon thanks to a reboot that will reportedly star Jason Momoa, currently filming Justice League for Warner Bros. as Aquaman. The actor will head to the set of The Crow soon after that film finishes principal photography, according to a report from The Wrap, with a shooting schedule that begins in January 2017. Corin Hardy is also reportedly back in the director's chair for the movie, despite leaving it earlier in 2016. The Crow is based off a comic book created by James O'Barr.

That means Momoa will go from comic book project to comic book project for the forseeable future, as his solo film Aquaman, with director James Wan, is due out in 2018, meaning he'll likely jump right back underwater when The Crow wraps.