• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm afraid to post an RMA feedback thread...
1 1

66 posts in this topic

It's the attention to detail and the willingness to go the extra mile that makes Joe someone I trust with my books!!

I feel like Tom Cruise in Rainman when I deal with Joe!!

(worship)

I don't know whether to be honored or insulted...

hm

:whee:

Another Kudos blast to RMA!!

As usual, Joe reviewed my latest batch of copper/modern books and gave me his pre-press/pre-work estimate on post-press grading.

After pressing/other work he gave me his usual highly-detailed analysis of where he thinks each book will grade and the various condition issues he's identified.

I just got the grades back from CGC on his books and 15/16 books were at or above Joe's grade estimate. AT OR ABOVE!

The beautiful thing on this submission was that his 9.6+, 9.6/9.8, and 9.8- grade estimates were ALL graded 9.8 by CGC!

So, yes. I am a satisfied customer!

Here is a pic of Joe in action with me watching him tally the results... :insane:

TomRAINMAN_2072348i.jpg

I decided I wanted to press a few of my comics so I turned to Joe and, boy, am I glad I did. I started off with one book just to learn how it all worked, and Joe was helpful and polite.

He went above and beyond my expectations and I'm very much looking forward to doing more business with him in the near future.

28qsyhh.jpg

I have know Joe for a number of years (he has purchased 1000s of raw books from me). Last year we had some conversation regarding a couple of CGC books that I felt were undergraded. Joe pointed out areas that could be improved and I decided to give him a shot.

BEST DECISION EVER!!!!!

I have since given Joe several hundred books of all ages to press; most went on to CGC while others were just to improve the look of a low grade copy. In several instances where I thought a press only was warranted, Joe saw the potential in the book and worked for hours to get it just right, resulting in grades that were beyond anyone's expectations.

I would echo what others have stated as far as Joe's knowledge and passion regarding comics and his relentless efforts to bring each book to its full potential. He provides a grade for each book and when they return, he points out where the improvements were made that led to each book's grade.

I have many examples of books that I felt might get mid grade 6.5-7.5 that far exceeded those grades. One of the best was a CGC 8.5 SA minor key that I received with a cracked case that was too bad for a reholder. I sent it along with a group of books to Joe to see if it could be improved since I would have to resub anyway. The book is coming back at a 9.6! Another early SA issue (below #5) was purchased by me as an 8.5. That book is now a 9.4! I have many other examples of 2/3 grade jumps over what I thought they would be prior to Joe's efforts.

I believe we have CPR'd another 5-6 books and every book has increased from its prior grade. Most importantly, every book Joe has worked on has better eye appeal than when submitted with some killer improvements.

I would highly recommend Joe to anyone considering getting their books cleaned. He may take a little longer than some to turn the books around but I have used some of the others and can tell you that using Joe is well worth the wait.

Ed Robertson

I just got back my latest submissions from CGC that Joe (RMA) worked on, and the results were spectacular! Once again Joe displayed the fine attention to detail that makes him one of the best in the business.

The highlight of the batch was a Batman Adventures 12 that I pulled unbagged and boarded from a long box in a storage unit. It needed a good press due to some storage issues, and it got that and then some, coming back a 9.6!

Looking forward to more good results in the future!

Thanks again to RMA!

An absolutely phenomenal outcome for books that have long needed improvement! Joe worked miracles on several key books including but not limited to

Journey into Mystery #83 - Received a 6.0 which before Joe's magic touch would have been a 5.0 at best.

FF #5 - Nabbed a 6.5 which also was originally in the 5.0 range. The laborious and arduous effort he employed with this beauty cannot be understated. It's a gem now!!

Sub-Mariner #1 - A purchase from SD Con 8 years ago, I elected to submit to CGC then thinking it would land a 9.4. It did not. It was tagged a 9.2 and I was disappointed for years to follow. But I knew its potential... I just needed a "Joe". I gave it over to him earlier this year, and after a couple months of work, sweat and tears a CGC 9.8 emerged from the embers!!

Needless to be overly redundant, but Joe is absolutely the best at what he does. He has worked on a total of 10 of my books now, all which have graded higher than I had anticipated. Much appreciation to the master!!

- Kidzip

My post is long overdue as Joe has worked MIRACLES on several batches of books for me, and I gotta say, he does an AMAZING job every single time!

It's a labor of love for him, as he studies and treats every book with care and attention. I'm only sad that I didn't take pictures of before/after to demonstrate his prowess.

I had a slabbed Star Wars 107 in 9.4. Joe worked his magic, it got signed by SIX different cast members of Star Wars, some of whom were not as gentle as they could've been, and the book came back a 9.8!

He took a raw Saga of the Swamp Thing 37, estimated at 9.2-9.4, pressed the heck out of it, three signatures and 2 head sketches later, a 9.8.

He took 2 copies of Star Wars 1, raw Vf+ and NM-, and even after 5 cast signatures, I got 9.2 and 9.6.

The list goes on and on. My books come back gorgeous and he can show me everything in precise detail. Zero complaints, I just wish he could clone himself so we could have more RMA pressing. :) Two thumbs way up, Joe! Thank you SO much!

Joe is one of a handful of people who I consider to be true pros at this process. Every book came back at least a full grade higher than they were before. One book was deslabbed CGC and Joe gave it a bump of TWO full grades(CGC 7.0 to CGC 9.0)..... and this was during one of CGC's tightest grading periods in years. Joe applies his tenacity for debate to his efforts as well, he won't let it go until he gets it right. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Edited by jimjum12

I just had one of my best subs in ages, thanks to Joe.

As some of you may know, I'm closing in on a Daredevil 1-157 set in 9.4. I need the #1, an upgrade on my #7 (I have a 9.2) and then a random assortment of books. Up until recently that list included #69 and #122.

Let's talk about both because both are deserving of some specific kudos.

The #122 I bought raw on ebay. The scan looked great. I paid a premium for it for a raw book ($50) but I need the book so that's that. I got it in the mail and it had definitely started its journey to me in high(ish) grade. It had some small issues, but overall was a clean book. Except for the CRUSHED ULC that had occurred during shipment. Packed in an envelope :frustrated:

Anyway, I looked at it for a little bit and thought... "you know what, that might just work." I messaged RMA and told him I had a book I was "interested to see what he could do with..."

The answer came in the mail today- CGC 9.6 without a hint of the crushed ULC.

The second book is a little less circuitous but just as impressive. I bought a Voldemort 69 9.4 from Greg Reece (which IIRC was listed as being pressed already) Since I'm going for a registry set Voldemort won't do. I subbed it to CGC... 9.2 :frustrated: Again, I turned to RMA. Reading the notes it seemed like it would be easy to ensure we got to 9.4 on the resub.... We sure did. It came back CGC 9.8

Another amazing job by Joe on my latest batch of books! Thanks so much for your great service. Here are some "after" scans -

img250_zpszrlnelku.jpg

:acclaim:

img253_zps8xwneb6n.jpg

:cloud9:

Thanks Joe! Looking forward to working with you again!

(worship)

Amazing work as always. Joe took my Amazing Spider-Man #101 from a CGC 8.5 to a CGC 9.4 :D

He also pressed my very nice but slightly flawed Batman #234. It came back like this:

PtokL18.jpg

He also pressed a copy of ASM #90 which came back CGC 9.6!

Thanks for all your hard work, Joe! (worship)