• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Figure Cover Thread!

2,130 posts in this topic

$_57.JPG

Really didn't capture the likeness for this one. (shrug)

0.jpg

The R5-D4 at the bottom is a more modern era figure. The original R5-D4 figure was a lot more simplified and had red equivalents to several R2-D2 features (stickers and legs). The R5-D4 vintage dome also really only had three red dots.

It seems like the plan is to do the 20 back figures prior to working on the Empire Strikes Back era vintage figures.

The R5-D4 at the bottom is a more modern era figure. The original R5-D4 figure was a lot more simplified and had red equivalents to several R2-D2 features (stickers and legs). The R5-D4 vintage dome also really only had three red dots.

It seems like the plan is to do the 20 back figures prior to working on the Empire Strikes Back era vintage figures.

Good points, I'd forgotten what the original looked like, but here he is.

2382654.jpg.square-true_maxheight-285_size-285.jpg

Good points, I'd forgotten what the original looked like, but here he is.

2382654.jpg.square-true_maxheight-285_size-285.jpg

I retract my previous comment questioning the art on this action figure variant. Looks good!

So....they are re-releasing more of these action figure variants? Would they be 2nd prints or something, I'm not totally following :makepoint:

Jerome

So....they are re-releasing more of these action figure variants? Would they be 2nd prints or something, I'm not totally following :makepoint:

Jerome

Re-releasing...? No.

It's called a DUMP.

I don't see the Han Solo variant on the list... Hoping that is the complete list so they retain their value... Kinda tempted to sell the ones I have just in case though...

Jerome

Re-releasing...? No.

It's called a DUMP.

I don't see the Han Solo variant on the list... Hoping that is the complete list so they retain their value... Kinda tempted to sell the ones I have just in case though...

The only SW #1 Variant besides the Luke Action Figure that should be held is the 1:50 Campbell anyway! Seems those 2 are the only desirable ones of the 93 different variants available.

I also remember the Cargo Hold Exclusive Campbell peaking at almost $40 and then falling back. Too many copies of #1 variants! lol

Jerome

Re-releasing...? No.

It's called a DUMP.

The only SW #1 Variant besides the Luke Action Figure that should be held is the 1:50 Campbell anyway! Seems those 2 are the only desirable ones of the 93 different variants available.

I also remember the Cargo Hold Exclusive Campbell peaking at almost $40 and then falling back. Too many copies of #1 variants! lol

The Ross variant has been doing ok.

Jerome

Re-releasing...? No.

It's called a DUMP.

The Ross variant has been doing ok.

Yep that's my favorite. :cool:

My LCS said the only one still available is the Vader figure variant so either they went really fast or haven't made them all available yet

I checked with my LCS and they tried to order but all were already sold out. Any ideas where and when they will show up? Don't see any at Midtown and not sure where else to check.