• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project: Sugar and Spike
4 4

557 posts in this topic

It may be less common than #1. I have only seen one other decent copy for sale and it was an 8.0 that I felt was very over graded. I never wanted to go below 7.0 on the earlier issues but I think I will if the book looks nice. I liked this copy.

Here's a # 16 from 1958. Not ultra HG but I kind of like midgrade copies because they don't cost nearly as much and there's not a whole lot of S & S collectors out there in contrast to other SA titles.

It also contains the "origin story"--"How S & S first met"

011_2.jpg

Here's a # 16 from 1958. Not ultra HG but I kind of like midgrade copies because they don't cost nearly as much and there's not a whole lot of S & S collectors out there in contrast to other SA titles.

It also contains the "origin story"--"How S & S first met"

011_2.jpg

Nice. The origin of S&S -- don't remember reading that one. I'll have to check it out.

Looks like a nice copy to me. That is practically a classic cover, one of if not the most reprinted from the run.

Yes, it is a decent copy and an iconic cover. I'm waiting for my granddaughter to reach the age of six--she's almost 4 now--and then I'll take out all my S & S books and we'll read them together.

Steve

PS--Great seeing you in the OC at Terry's show. And thanks for the help with my box of comics.

It may be less common than #1.

The #2's usually are.

;)

True. I've often wondered whether this was because publishers had higher print runs for issue 1s or because kids were more likely to save them.

In the GA publishers would put a high print run on first issues, then scale back for #s 2 and 3 until sales figures came in and then printed #4 according to how well the first issue sold. That assumes monthly distribution and some other factors, but the rule holds in general. I'm not sure how long that policy was in place, maybe into the 50s or SA?